It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 436
<< 433  434  435    437  438  439 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I thought they figured out a way to make that smell like maple syrup?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Nothing gets by you!

Not really.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Well they've obviously found a way to sugar coat it somehow haven't they?

It's no better here in Kentucky, looks like we'll be paying an extra .30 cents a pack on cigarettes and 6% sales tax on alcohol any day now.

That way the state won't have to cut back on any of it's ridiculous spending.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It's no better here in Kentucky, looks like we'll be paying an extra .30 cents a pack on cigarettes and 6% sales tax on alcohol any day now.

Cigarettes in the States are fairly reasonably priced though aren't they? When I was in Las Vegas, it was about $4.50 ish for a pack of Marlboro Menthols. Up here in Canada, Methol Cigarettes cost anywhere between $9.00 and $12.00 depending on the brand/taxes. I guess though with the exchange rate, it's probably all relative...

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I'd have to quit if I lived up there. Here, Marlboros are around $3 per pack, $28 per carton.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hmm, $6.20 a pack here in California, for top-shelf cigarettes (Nat Sherman). That's about $7.75 Canadian, at the current exchange rate.

I think the lesser 'premium' brands (Marlboro, Camel, etc) are about $4.50 a pack, or $40 a carton.

Edit: Prices not including our wonderful 8% local sales tax.

[edit on Feb 12th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Pfff, Nat Shermans, might as well smoke Mores.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

OKay so prices are a little more expensive here for Premium Cigarettes. There's a brand we have (Canadian Classic - much worse then players - might as well smoke glass), that's pretty cheap - around $6 I think... (i don't know for sure, mom smokes those). Those are considered bottom of the line cigarettes, kind of like Number 7.

Premium Cigarettes (Benson & Hedges, Matinee, and MacDonald) are a little on the pricy side. At a gas station down on the North Shore (here in BC), Matinee are about $8.50/pack - for a pack of 20, and in the gas stations MacDonald are about $11.00ish for a pack of 25 (in Alberta). Alberta only has the 5% tax (Canadian wide), whereas BC has the 5% tax as well as the 6% provincial tax (so 11% taxes).

du Maurier is considered a standard average cigarette (I think), and they are around $9.00 a pack as well in either place. Alberta or BC. They're probably (well I think anyway) the smoothest of the regular cigarettes you can buy.

A friend of mine bought a carton of Marlboro Lites when we were in Vegas for about $35 I think, at a Wallgreens. (That was last year so my pricing might be off).

American smokes are so much stronger then Canadian ones though, I find anyway.

- Carrot

*Edit: I have a capitalization problem...

[edit on 2/12/2009 by CA_Orot]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok, I have posted my closing statement in my debate.

Benarius still has not returned to the debate yet. After discussing this, I decided 3 days was enough (with a lot of help from the Mod), and went ahead and posted my closing.

This isn't the way I thought my first debate would play out, but whatever happens next is out of my hands.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Pfff, Nat Shermans, might as well smoke Mores.

Yea well these are a little hard to find in the US:

At least they're available in Canada.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

American smokes are so much stronger then Canadian ones though, I find anyway.

Interesting point, there. You used to be able to buy cheap 'premium' cigarettes, world-wide, from these folks:

www.yesmoke.eu...

Until the Phillip-Morris USA brought down their hammer. Their web page has an interesting rant about how PM blends different chemicals, etc., into the same-brand cigarettes in different countries.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I can't smoke anything but Marlboro Light 100s. Anything else is either way too strong or like smoking air (Ultra Lights). Those cheapo brands just make me nauseous....even standing by someone smoking them.

I don't know about our cigarettes being stronger than Canadian ones, but I do know that there are at least 30-40 brands to choose from at any convenience store.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Morning all; What did Schro Dog do now...

Ian: I thought Nats always cost ~6 bucks?

I have actually quit smoking but back when it was all about the American Spirits; ~$5.50....expensive habit when you are a chain smoker...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

morning heike

let us just keep in mind we are talking a to a male being and b to a dog

everybody else new that the raisins were included in the more general term "fruits"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

He DISSED Nat Shermans! Them's fightin' words Dawg.

Hubby loves American Spirits but we can't afford 'em either. We're smoking Echos these days, which are cheap but supposed to be "additive-free."

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Morning all; What did Schro Dog do now...

I didn't do notin!

Shoo_ooooooock, Heike is threatening to beat me uuu_up

[edit on 12 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Oh, no fair using the BABY pics!

How about a CURRENT pic?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Back when I smoked....it was these....

Sometimes even the non-filtered variety.

Geeze I'm glad I quit.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Cigarettes in the States are fairly reasonably priced though aren't they?

Depends so much on where you live.

When I quit smoking five years ago, my Camels were running $7 to $7.50 a pack in the Korean delis

top topics

<< 433  434  435    437  438  439 >>

join