It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 409
<< 406  407  408    410  411  412 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Here you go.....

Don't know what it is, but it is pretty.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Crap.....the curse is here, too.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
How will the tournament be setup?

I'd like to know a bit more details.

Details coming, my young padawan...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

skeppy thank you

and it matches perfectly with my hair too,
delicious

yup every bar and pub at this place got the curse

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Am I in the tourney?

My GF's sister is visiting for a couple of weeks, and details are a bit hazy, because she insists on having wine with dinner every night.

And then having some more afterwards.

I'm not averse, but it is taking a toll.

I will need to be A LOT more alert for the upcoming tourney (if I'm in it) because the competition is ferocious.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

If there is a potential conflict...then you may want to withdraw. You have precedence since you are ranked but the field is huge...and the tournament starts on the 16th...so you may want to reconsider the late entry...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Nope - I think I'll carry on with the verbal sado-masochism (with S&M you never have to say sorry) as long as that's OK with the organisers.

In other words, no conflict, please include me if possible.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by budski]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
And "vegetarians" who eat eggs and dairy products will be fine; it's the people (to my mind the REAL vegetarians, now called vegans) who try to get by without any animal products at all, who are risking their health. … They are slowly killing us all, or allowing us to kill ourselves, because they keep the truth secret and tell us lies. Every person I know who is dying of Type 2 diabetes, it could probably have been prevented if they'd known soon enough to avoid sugar and refined carbs.

What confuses me is why you associate this with a vegetarian diet? Most of the vegetarians I've known have been well aware of the problems associated with refined sugar and carbs – going back to when I worked in a health food store in the late 1980s. Ditto the problems with hydrogenated oils – again, I learned about mono- vs poly- unsaturated fats in that store. We weren't talking about trans-fats yet, but we certainly weren't pushing margarine!

Why not blame the sugar, grain, and grocery lobbies instead? And the fast-food industry, and packaged foods – all of which, in both meat-based and vegetable-based products – have trained the American palette to demand a sickening amount of sweetener in everything?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
trained the American palette to demand a sickening amount of sweetener in everything?

This is very true, from personal experience. After I stopped drink HFCS, about a year later I ordered a lemonaide at a restaurant. What I got was a sickening glass corn-syrup with a vaguely lemony flavor. It was so disgustingly sweet that I only took a few sips of it before I realized that my palette must have changed and I could no longer drink such things. It amazes me that people drink quarts of that stuff every day. Yeech!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Among my parents' many hippy-ish notions of proper child-raising (some of which I deeply resent to this day, like no cartoons and no Star Wars movies
) we weren't allowed any soda, sweetened cereals, etcetera.

I have never been able to stomach soda, despite having a sweet tooth in general. It's like drinking Karo from the bottle.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Diabetes is more hereditary than anything. My father has it and despite not liking sweets at all I developed it a couple of years ago. Also I'm not very overweight like he is either.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Btw, I did you catch my suggestion a couple of pages ago that agreeing to 36 hr deadlines with your opponent might be the way to go when debating across continents?

Yep, but I'm not sure if the rules can be that flexible. Its something I need clarification on. Might be seen as an "unfair advantage"

My impression has been that in challenge matches, the rules can be as flexible as you want, as long as both fighters agree on them. And I don't see it being an unfair advantage as long as both Fighters get the increased hours.

I just finished a match with peacejet, who's in India (about 11 hours difference from me in NY). We worked out the timing so that he didn't need extra hours, but I would have been perfectly happy to give him a few extra hours if it had been needed. I think most people are willing to make adjustments to accomodate real life.

Now, the Tournament may be another story – there's a lot more on the line in terms of ranking and stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Sorry I confused you ADB. It's two different subjects. I do blame everyone you listed and the PTB. My only issue with vegetarians is that they claim that the "benefits" of their diet are a result of the exclusion of meat, when in fact it has more to do with exclusion of refined carbs and sugars, and the inclusion of whole grains and fruits & vegetables. If you ate a typical "vegetarian" diet as Orange describes it and added moderate portions of fish, poultry and meat, it would be more healthy, not less.

Treppy, there are two different kinds of diabetes. One is primarily hereditary, the other, which usually shows up later in life, is more due to a poor diet.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Yeah! What Heike said! I got smacked down by a judge once, in a debate, for suggesting that diabetes isn't all hereditary. No matter, I don't think that judge was going to decide for me, anyway. But I would love to see whoever it was debate Heike!

(watch, oh irony of ironies, it turn out to have been Heike)

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ah, that was the one judge that didn't "rob" semper.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes, that was sort of a running joke... after I was stomped by semper in my second debate ever, I used the same line that he had used earlier against MemoryShock: "I WAS ROBBED!"

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yeah, we've all been "robbed" by Shock.

There should be a no lady judge rule for his debates.

Lest one have to battle both his rhetoric and his sweet charm.

[edit on 8 Feb 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Which brings up an interesting question:

has Mr. Shock ever fought a lady?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Which brings up an interesting question:

has Mr. Shock ever fought a lady?