It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Os, if you're going to use the word "oubliette" on other threads, you have to cite Ian.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Seriously FSBA, you put papers, relationships, and sports above drinking? huh.

*enters the pub, nods to Oscitate, and starts brewing the coffee for when the West Coast awakens*

*figures she might as well go ahead and get the Alka-Seltzer going too, it looks like there may be one or two Fighters in need today

edit to wave to SDog, who she hadn't seen skulking in that corner

[edit on 11/16/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh?

Didn't know about that

is there a back story of some kind?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ian used that word in his tournament winning closing post.
A lot of us believe that that one word won him the debate.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

For the record, I don't think oubliette won him the debate.

Just my undying admiration.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I can see that happening. Its one of those words which make people nod sagely and slap the table with an open palm in approval. Lots of "Oomph" in it. Definitely.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Agreed. The exact opposite of "oomph" if you think about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Possibly, possibly. It reminds me of a dramatic court-room scene. It has the same appeal as saying "Objection!", something I've been dieing to say for years.

Whether it's admissible or not is not important. It's the drama.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Ian used that word in his tournament winning closing post.
A lot of us believe that that one word won him the debate.

Indeed, Ians xiphoid tongue, coupled with merdivorous judges in worship of his unique vocabulary, won him the debate, despite his pseudodox elaborations.

j/k

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What a uberous display of vocabulary. I felt particularly narcohypnic as I read it, Skyfloating. I agree however, Ian's attempts at embracery are nothing other than lewd panegyrizing.

I'm off to don my jodhpurs.

Oh-ho-ho.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Narcohypnic...now there´s a word I´ll want to be using.

"When I touched her lips her body surrendered into narcohypnia"

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You might rethink that one, Sky. It makes me think "rohypnol", which I assume was not your attention.

Where is everyone today? It's echoey in here

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Schro and Shock great debate it was good read. I am anxious to see the results of the other current debates. Ive began to feel a lil rusty i'd like to offer an open invitation to any who would like to engage in a challange.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm baaaack!

We froze our tushies off Friday night and Saturday, 15 - 25mph North winds. brrrr. And high winds tend to agitate horses especially when they are in an unfamiliar environment, so I didn't get to ride at all on Saturday.
But Saturday night we had a potluck & party around a huge fire at the pavilion; that was fun. Then overnight the winds finally died off and I got to go out trail riding - on MY own horse for the first time ever - twice and we did great! So here I am with a sore tush but happy.

And here we are:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Glad to hear that you had a great time, Heike...

I'm back after a day of trouncing around in the real world...I will have my rebuttal for Sky by about 1:00pm tomorrow...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Looks fun Heike. I got the over under at 6 months before someone posts that photo in the crypto board claiming its bigfoot

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Heike! Glad you're back as things are better when you are around
(and you too Mem...) Your trip sounds like a dream to me. I live in L.A., but from Ky., and it is almost impossible to get any real horseback riding in around here -- one can only ride a rented 'Ol' Glue' under the "Hollywood" sign so many times... (and if that sounds glamourous, it's not).

There was better riding in Manhattan; when Claremont Stables was still there, you could rent a beautiful horse and ride it across the Upper West 70's into the Central Pk. and use the bridle path for what it was intended when designed.

Glad you're back and happy to 'see' you (and your horse).

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ian congratulations on the tournement win

its time to celebrate

[edit on 17-11-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Welcome back, I scared to death of horses though (and to a lesser extent the cold) so I'd probably be in a tent somewhere in the background.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I feel the love!

Except for SDog, who is probably over in the corner singing "The bitch is back .." under his breath.

ADB, if you ever want a horsey getaway you are welcome to join us at a "Bad Girls" event. The biggest ones are City Slickers, usually in June, and the Halloween ride. We camp at equestrian areas of a nice state park, ride a lot, and party. Someone always has an extra horse to bring if we ask in advance, and there's always plenty of food & fun.
Some of us are there by Thursday and the events run through Sunday. u2u me if you're interested ...

Semper, I am delighted that you think I am worthy and I can't wait to find out what the mystery topic is and who I'll be debating. You may have noticed that I've already dropped the genteel demeanor I used with Oscitate; the gloves are off!

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join