It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Pentagon's 'Ray Gun' Demonstrated On Mock Protestors : 60 Minutes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

You might agree with my point that we have freedom, but I don't agree with your perspective on International Law.

What I will say is this. Don't confuse a country and it's constitution with the government which has been created to carry it out.

I may detest my government at times, but I love my country with all my heart and mind. Yes I agree that the police force has become a cancer in our government, but those who require a police force aren't free.

I cherish my freedom dearly.

As for laws, laws are something I despise, because they don't ensure freedom as much as they ensure that those with the authority stay in authority. I don't think we have the most optimum form of government for as much land and diversity which we own, however I also know that we currently outnumber law enforcement in a HUGE way, so if it came to brass tacks and we had to revolt, I know we could.

Anyhow... GO USA!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
And American's wonder why they are hated the world over?

Seriously are they THAT STUPID?

I must be one of the stupid ones. Perhaps you can enlighten me. Could you be so kind as to tell me why the American goverment making this ray gun would make someone from another country hate me ?

See i just don't understand that kind of mentality, the Goverment does something wrong, so lets hate the American people, who had nothing to do with it and no control over it, instead of directing that hatred toward the goverment.

Do people believe that we somehow have any say in what our corupted goverment does, that we all agree with them, that we can stop them ?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Awesome. For someone who thinks what I have to say is so tired and old, I notice you seem to always post on my threads. Why not try skipping past them if its so tired and old, and just chill in the sheeple threads where you can cheer on stuff like this and pretend how there's nothing to worry about, and the gov has all of our best interests in mind. kthxbye

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This thing is basically a microwave oven that you can point and shoot like a camera.. To think they can't adjust the power is asinine. All the videos said the subjects were being tested with the "non-lethal" millimeter bandwidth of this device, conveniently leaving out the part where it has lethal capabilities. If it didn't have lethal settings, then they would not have to make the distinction in the first place. Military types are like that.
Pour on the cocoa butter, 'cause they're getting ready to fry something, and it sounds like us.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
These high energy lasers and wave beam weapons have been around for years. Of course they can be lethal. Crank up the power, focus it to a fine point, and you got yourself a Buck Rogers ray gun. So what if they are lethal?? Theres no difference between a tank shell and a ray beam right? Only this one can crowd control in a non-lethal way. In this day of age these types of weapons are a good thing, it allows the military to preserve life, not destroy it. Look back years ago at Tineman square China, when all the tanks came rolling in, lots of people died then. I don't understand why these aren't being used more and why haven't they applied this on the Mexico border? There you go an invisible force field fence line keeping illegals out.

I think it's stupid and ignorant to believe that these are the NWO doomsday device. Ok instead of having non-lethal weapons preserving life, lets make heat seeking bullets for the MA1 Colt and name them "You can run but you can't hide"! Who cares if there is collateral damage on a mass scale since War is War right? Everyone screaming NWO makes me laugh when they don't realize it means ORDER which means PEACE. Instead lets call it NWC New World Chaos now that makes more sense. Are you for NWC or for NWO? You gotta draw a line here someday where everyone will have a common goal of peace in the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

Actually, in Military Jargon Non Lethal means just that.

Or else the M-16 A4 would be said to be used in a Non-Lethal capacity. It has a Saftey switch. With that on it is merely a club, comparable to a Night Stick and only at close range. We don't say that. It's a freaking lethal weapon.

What is being said is that the weapon, as is, only has the capacity to Harm, not Kill. Sadly, death by radiation in the FUTURE is not considered deadly... only harmful. At this time they do not have the weapon equipped with a function to reach a lethal capacity.

This does not mean that they can't add to the weapon to make it lethal... however if it were shown to be lethal then it would actually get the funding it deserves instead of 1.3 Mil out of the Billions for defense. They DON'T WANT IT TO BE LETHAL, that's the point. We already have ways of killing people. We now want ways to simply incapacitate. Except by 'we' I mean those of us out here on the ground that have to face the wrath of both our Superiors and the Citizens here if we kill an Iraqi protestor who turns out not to be a terrorist. We get court martialed, and the guys left behind start getting hit by now sympathetic Iraqi who don't just see us as occupiers but murderers now that we've killed an innocent protester.

Trust me, MOST of us here dealing with the stuff would LOVE to have a safe way to disperse an angry mob without resorting to killing. Mainly because we'd like not to get blown up the next day, and some of us like to treat people with respect to go along with our own personel safety.

Sadly, the Higher Ups feel if it don't kill it doesn't pay. They aren't giving this the funding it deserves, which is the true shame of it all.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

you have # for brains

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Expect a mirror amnesty, this should give you a heads up of what's to come...

I too believe that these will be used in controling us, rather than any so called terrorists, but I do understand the need for them. Yes, it is needed in places of war to control crowds etc, but don't expect that is the only thing it will be used for, to think the government hasn't already considered it's use for law enforcement and population control is, IMO, a bit naive

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join