It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Pentagon's 'Ray Gun' Demonstrated On Mock Protestors : 60 Minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Now that is scary

when is thing supposed to be deployed ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think that this is just another red herring to seduce people into believing that this is as far as our technology goes.

That big gigantic 'ray gun' is a joke, just a joke.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Ive been following the devolopment of this thing for a few years.

At first, i thought it was the WORST thing EVER...

I disagree with using it in combat situations, if we are in War, and our men are in a combat situation, i want the to shoot to kill the enemy, not make them feel uncomftable...

Now mabye this could be useful, IF it could penetreate the ground, and say mabye drive Osama out of hiding... but use on the open battlefiled would be worthless, or not worth the trouble.

As a effective, nonlethal force, it apears it could be very effective.

As long as there is no long term health issues (something im not sold on yet) this could be an effective form of crowd dispersal... Like say for example when Detroit wins the stanly cup, there are going to be roits in Detroit, people flipping cars, breaking windows, all kinds of hell is going to break lose.

So, whats better to stop our American citizens from destroying a bunch of Public/private property...??? I say the ADS is far better then:

A. Tear Gas
B. A Cop Beating stick
C. Tasers
D. Rubber Bullets
E. Loud sirens and other noises

Feel free to add to that list...

I never would want to be in the way of the ADS, but i would rather get hit by that then a TASER...

I am for non-lethal weapons, but not for use on our enemies...

We shoot to kill our enimies... there is not room for bring PC in war...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose[/USA at its best! murder is not enought,Oil thieft,torture,Its a fact that the USA people are losing the 1 thing they claim that they are spreading around the world...FREEDOM.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Nice video. Shows a lot. However, not a laughing or joking matter. What people don't understand is this is on VERY LOW FREQUENCY.

Don't everyone Realize that they can turn this thing up higher and make it dispense over a wider area? Do you guys realize what they can truly do with this weapon? How they can make you obey them and they control you? Think about it!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
They are planting the seed with the public that using this ray gun to make you "uncomfortable" is acceptable.

I found it darkly amusing the protestors were holding "peace" signs!!
A not so subtle clue letting us know who this weapon was designed to control.

Just remember guys... built with your tax dollars to control you. They are simply relentless aghhhhhhhh!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
They can narrow beam this on low power to pick someone out of the crowd. They can put out more power to wide field to give the whole crowd the same treatment.

Therefore they can high power narrow beam to cook one person in the crowd, and potentially cook the whole crowd.

I saw a video of Iraqi's complaining that some people had had their faces burned off while seated in automobiles. Nothing else was harmed. Just the faces burned off.

I wonder if it was this weapon?

The proper response to this would be a parabolic mirror with a video camera as a viewing/targeting system. Covered with a non-IR absorbing cloth Painted like a protest sign. Hijack the weapon without them realizing what you are doing.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think uping the wattage or getting closer would results in a lethal dose of death

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The Military Industrial Complex could not be more clear. War is better than peace. I mean they were peace advocates.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is an ATS thread started 10/9/2007 about this technology.
US Military (DOD) Microwave Weapon Demo Video - Amazing!

Also a liveleak.com video of the ADS tests.
Microwave Skinheater Weapon demo video from DOD

Also another technology we should have no need for which could also be used in subdueing large numbers of humans...
Airline Security Bracelet / Electro-Muscular Disruptor

[edit on (6/3/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What is the big deal? This is just another weapon in their arsenal. It goes along with sonic weaponry, water cannons, rubber bullets, and all other "non-lethal" weapons.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Because they can use it on citizens. When a people no longer have the ability to protest and make their voices heard, they are as good as dead in my opinion.

When the food shortage protests and then riots come, expect them to use this microwave gun. It pretty much give them the ability to break up all protests to the point where they are no longer possible. If that happens freedom of speech is DEAD and you are living in a dictatorship worse than Russia. (why worse? USSR wasn't as bad as they led you to believe.)

I think it's very convienient that they managed to get this crowd control "weapon" ready, just in time for the civil unrest I expect to happen worldwide in the next 6 months. (Half my company got laid off yesterday. We do retail architecture. Retailers are battening down the hatches and haulting any moves to expand.)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by redmotion

There isn't a weapon in their arsenal that they can't use against citizens, if they wanted to...

Originally posted by redmotion
If that happens freedom of speech is DEAD and you are living in a dictatorship worse than Russia. (why worse? USSR wasn't as bad as they led you to believe.)

You must be joking. Or you've been brainwashed beyond belief.

Here's three words for you to look up: The Gulag Archipelago

[edit on 3-6-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Although I agree fully with your sentiment here my friend I fear what DD is insinuating. If this non-lethal weapon is ONLY used against violent offenders then I agree with its use. However, what happens when the first peaceful but forceful demonstration gets raked over by this ray gun?

All the media and government has to do is say, "Well, they were getting violent so we decided to take measures." And, as with most of the BS spouted out by the MSM these days, people will buy it and be angry with the protestors.

I fear what this could mean. No more peaceful protests at all.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow, like being microwaved. They say its safe......but they said the same thing about cell phones....now they are causing cancer. Im curious what the effects will be for the people its used on down the road. They say its non lethal but I believe they used to say the same thing about smoking back in the day.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Saw this on 60 minutes. Fake protesters. Amazing. What do you think would happen if they just kept it on a crowd? Would hair and clothes just straight start on fire? Anyone have any idea?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
Saw this on 60 minutes. Fake protesters. Amazing. What do you think would happen if they just kept it on a crowd? Would hair and clothes just straight start on fire? Anyone have any idea?

Another disturbing question: Say they use this on a crowd, and because of the nature of crowds, the people they're using it on can't back away fast enough to satisfy the guys firing it?

How many people will be overexposed to the beam?

How many will be trampled trying to get away?

How many could suffer long-term effects or serious injury from overexposure?

And, how long can they do this kind of thing before protesters grow some stones and decide to start shooting back?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm telling you guys, this equiptment is equivelent to taking one of those 'old' style satellite dishes which were 12 feet across, and going to a undeveloped country and saying, "Hey check out the latest technology!"

If WWIII breaks out 'that' is when the Military will be bringing out the real weapons.

Crowd controll indeed!

They currently have hand held ray guns that can boar a hole through everything it encounters within a mile radius.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I'm telling you guys, this equiptment is equivelent to taking one of those 'old' style satellite dishes which were 12 feet across, and going to a undeveloped country and saying, "Hey check out the latest technology!"

A very good point.

If WWIII breaks out 'that' is when the Military will be bringing out the real weapons.

I don't know about that. I'm betting there's something going on we still don't know about, and I doubt they'd bother to use the really good stuff if they don't have to. I think they're saving it for use on "another party", if you know what I mean...

Crowd controll indeed!

They currently have hand held ray guns that can boar a hole through everything it encounters within a mile radius.

I'd buy that for a dollar! What's your source on this?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

He is right... USSR and current Russia want/ inst so bad... And at least the government is not such a hypocrisy., like here. Where we are led to believe that we are free... when in reality we are not. I live in a Russian community and I can tell you many Russians are now going back to Russia because its getting so bad here.. This is a hypocrisy not a democracy

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join