It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says Israel will soon disappear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Sooooo, are we talking about just within the last year or two?

Iran held Americans hostage, remember?

And they all survived as i recall which can't be said for the tens of thousands of victims of the US backed Shah? Why shouldn't we expect at least a few Iranians to respond in kind to the violence the US sponsored against them?

They fought a long and verrrrrrry bloody war with Iraq, remember?

Which they didn't start and in the end lost. Once again Iraq had plenty of support and it's surprising that a few Iranians have not tried to settle the score by terrorist acts on US soil.

They took several British military members hostage for a week, remember?

Which were trespassing on Iranian soil and could have been shot for spying. Since America is in the habit of bombing rioting prisoners of war i don't see why i should get very angry when the Iranians hold on to a few British men for a week!

And, although I guess you cant blame them, they are supplying men and weapons to Iraqi freedom fighters.

So goes the rumors but how much proof have we actually received? Last time i checked the Iraqi government denied this?

Right or wrong, they are fighting a proxy war with the US in Iraq AND fighting a proxy war with Israel through Hezbollah.

So where is the evidence for Iranian government fighting the US in Iran? Why would they even have to given the level of hostility in that country? Do you realise that hundreds of Iraqi army formations never fought the US during the war and simply took their equipment home? Do you think the Iraqi army did not prepare for a protracted guerilla war by placing weapon and explosive cache's everywhere? How they hell do you suppose they have been keeping up this level of fighting for so many years by relying on cross border smuggling with Iran? Is the US armed forces so completely incompetant that they can't even safeguard a border with a nominally hostile neighbour? What are you thinking?

I dont support a war against them, however you cant deny that they aren’t the peaceful little victim just sitting by and being attacked on all sides.

While i am not sure that i would rather have the current Iranian regime running the world i also know where they come from and understand that the Iranians long ago tried to pick better leaders which where then overthrown by the same old imperial powers.

They wanted regional influence, they wanted to fill the vacuum left by Sadam in the region, so their leaders put on big boy undies and started mouthing off and instead of ignoring them like we should have our leaders wont let them just bow out and take off the big boy undies.

Everyone wants regional influence as that strengthens your hand in the economic theater. Other than that i can but ask how old you are given the references to underwear.

I dont think Christ ever said that.

You cant, no mater what the Pope claims, revise the words of the Lord.

So what did Christ say and are you a new testament type of a guy or a old testament type of fundamentalist?

Can you please provide for me the verse where Christ said war was OK under any circumstance at all?

I'll leave that to the people that think were better off fighting for one god instead of another.

I seem to remember him telling us to turn the other cheek, even unto death, even 777 times if necessary.

Indeed and if you actually read a bible you wont know if you should kiss em or kill em hence the Schizophrenic behaviour of your average religious fundamentalist.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
I don't belive a word of it myself
NO human KNOWS how life works!!! anyone who says they do is DELUDED!! That all sounds like the rantings of NWO follower, so people will do nothing to protest thinking that they'll all be 'SAVED' after. I think Ahmadinejad is Illuminati. The timing of his speech and the fact that we all know that the US want to attack NOW, gives them the PRETEXT to do it. He plants the seeds of fear into peoples minds, the US reacts. PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION. [/quote

Sayzar, I have had the same belief for a long time... BUT.. an Iranian Muslim in the illuminati...? Is this possible?. I DO believe Ahmadinejad is either:

* A puppet, going along with the "game", preparing for WW3
* Part of SOME secret society.. or Sufism..etc (we have heard him talk about the 12th imam on numerous occasions)

FACT IS: This man, is no crazier than your president Bush... its all planned out very carefully. WW3 will hopefully be the last war ever to happen on this planet, and we can end this discussion finally once and for all.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
I mean heck, the majority of you look up to a man that you consider the son of God who proclaimed, "I bring the sword, not peace", and you use this man/prophet to spread peace?

Apparently you missed the part where he explained that the sword is the double edged blade of truth, the truth that love and forgiveness is the key. The Christ does not strike out with blood and violence, but instead the truth and love that WILL make your knees meet the earth.

This sure is a confused world, a few nukes going off in a few select locations might rattle some of your fanatical and illogical minds enough to wake up to reality... and remember, everything I do, I do because I love you

Trust me, I love you more than God or Jesus ever did, has, and ever will.

Well, I love you too…

HOWEVER

…either you are a seriously intelligent role player making this all up or you are insane. Either way your still scary. Do me a favor and stay away from politics, please.

Please, don’t take offense; insane you may be but like all things sanity is relative.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
No comments on how 'Israel' is in brackets? Meaning that he said 'Zionist Regime' and yet the biased media wants everyone to think that he actually not only meant, but said 'Israel'.

He's basically said the same thing he said when he asked for the Zionist Regime wiped off the map, and yet again people are saying 'He really means he wants to kill every Jew'. A map is a geographical image, so the 'geographical scene' is really saying the same thing as map.

Why do we need to have the exact same arguments again about the exact same statement? This is almost identical to the 'wipe of the map' comment, so the people who think that meant 'destroy Israel' are gonna think the same thing of this one, and the people who think it meant 'the end of the Zionist regime' are gonna think the same thing of this.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Stellar, you really should up your reading comprehension levels before posting.

You are attacking me, although I am NOT choosing sides here. I said I am not in support of any war against Iran, and I said I am not saying they are right or wrong, just that they are not necessarily innocent bystanders.

As a matter of fact, I even said that AGAIN in a separate post on this thread, just to reiterate. I LOVE IRAN, I LOVE THE US, I DONT WANT THEM TO FIGHT, I AM AGAINST ALL WAR.

There, that better?

Really, this childish side picking crap is annoying. I don’t think Iran is innocent so I must think that US is in the right and needs to nuke em, is that it?

It takes two dogs of war to tango.

The victim in your blind us vs. them mentality is the TRUTH. Was that your intent, to set aside the truth in order to propel your anti-US agenda? Cant you just be anti-aggression and see that Iran is not innocent in all this any more than the US is?

We all, every one of us, has blood on our hands and it does not matter who has more blood or less; we need to stop fighting and try to wash it off, both sides.

And so far as your question, one can be an "old testament" and "new testament" kind of guy all at once. If you had any understanding of the Christian faith you would understand that while on the surface it would seem they contradict each other, they are actually complimentary to each other. One was a preparatory system and a natural and smooth transition can be made between them. One understands that if one reads the WHOLE thing instead of just Leviticus and the gospels.

Love you Stellar. Hope you have a good day.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Really, what is so hard about it? He DOES NOT recognize the right of Israel to exist.

I dont know that he wants every Jew dead, but I do know that he wants them out of the ME, permanently, or at least out of power.

This is not based on the statement in question. He has said over and over again that Israel does not have a right to exist where it is, that it should be moved to the US or Europe.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Really, what is so hard about it? He DOES NOT recognize the right of Israel to exist.

I dont know that he wants every Jew dead, but I do know that he wants them out of the ME, permanently, or at least out of power.

This is not based on the statement in question. He has said over and over again that Israel does not have a right to exist where it is, that it should be moved to the US or Europe.

So now we not only have bogus translations of what Ahmadinejad says, but we have you claiming to know exactly what he wants and doesn't want. If you're so certain of what he wants, then post some links to his statements. Otherwise it's all just speculation.

For example I can just as easily say: Really, what is so hard about it? He wants to give every Jew in the world presents. He dreams of being Santa Claus for the Jewish race and even has the sleigh and has been training reindeer. Unfortunately they don't deal well in the heat.

See how they're both wild unsubstantiated claims? Let me ask you this then, one simple question: why say 'Zionist Regime' if he meant 'Israel'? It's like Bush saying 'The United States calls for an end to the violent regime in Iraq' and everyone crying out 'Oh my GOD, Bush wants Iraq wiped off the map'.

And by the way, if someone says Israel has a right to exist anywhere, then they don't deny Israel it's right to exist. I'm not saying it's fair to call for Israel to be moved to the US or Europe, but if he thinks the state has a right to exist there, then he thinks they have a right to exist. In fact, he DOES recognise Israel's right to exist. Just not the way they want to exist. Funny really, cause Israel recognises the Palestinian's right to exist, just not the way they want to exist. But that's by the by.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Stev, the President of Iran was asked numerous times if he would recognize Israel's right to exist when he came to America awhile ago. He danced around the subject and never would admit to their right to exist. Doesn't that tell you anything? He infact got pretty flustered when asked about it, like we would ask him such a direct and easy question.

You show me where the President of Iran acknowledges the current State of Israel's right to existance in the Middle East and then we can start to have a conversation. I will be expecting appropriate docuementation.

Don't keep me waiting Ok?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This thread has become yet another predictable Iran and Israel rantfest. In the spirit of the OP I think someone should address the specific comments Ahmadinejad made recently. Fact is, regardless of what one thinks about Iran in general, for a head of state to make such blatantly, ferociously Apocalyptic/religious statements means one of 2 things:

1. He's just another raving religious fanatic who belongs on websites like these posting on religious topics rather than leading a country (even though he's primarily a figurehead for the religious wackos who REALLY control Iran).

2. He knows something we don't.

How different are Bush and Ahmadinejad in the final analysis? Both are hardcore monotheists with a mighty vicious agenda. Christ, George Orwell couldn't have imagined this s#*t in his worst nightmares!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Also, 'ol Mahmoud, as far as I can tell, wouldn't know "the end of tyranny" if it smacked him in his smirking little weasel face. End of tyranny REALLY means true FREEDOM for ALL!!! What about FREEDOM of EXPRESSION?!! What about rights (and simple respect) for homosexuals (of which Iran allegedly doesn't have any according to him)?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Stev, the President of Iran was asked numerous times if he would recognize Israel's right to exist when he came to America awhile ago. He danced around the subject and never would admit to their right to exist. Doesn't that tell you anything? He infact got pretty flustered when asked about it, like we would ask him such a direct and easy question.

You show me where the President of Iran acknowledges the current State of Israel's right to existance in the Middle East and then we can start to have a conversation. I will be expecting appropriate docuementation.

Don't keep me waiting Ok?

Exactly the way the Israeli government dances around Palestine's right to exist (I'm not saying either position is right or wrong, just if we're going to demonise someone for refusing to acknowledge a state's right to exist...)

But anyway, I'll supply you documentation of the President's acknowledgement of the State of Israel's right to exist as soon as you supply documentation of the President's denial of the State of Israel's right to exist.

I'll be waiting, Ok?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Apparently you missed the part where he explained that the sword is the double edged blade of truth,

Apparently you missed the part where the schizo said "not peace".

…either you are a seriously intelligent role player making this all up or you are insane. Either way your still scary. Do me a favor and stay away from politics, please.

Do yourself a favor and me a favor and stay away from intelligent debates, please, until you learn to understand them and their words. How's that for a double edged sword?

Please, don’t take offense; insane you may be but like all things sanity is relative.

Then you and what you say means absolutely nothing if this is what you believe. If all things are relative and no things are absolute, only absolutely relative, then nothing is true and there is no reason for anything to be. Then why are you here doing anything? Why are you participating in this thread? No, opinions are relative and irrelevent, the truth is not relative.

No, sanity is not relative. You're either sane or insane. Only locations are relative, and people have relatives, and all things are inter-related through energies, but through one eternal non-local, self-relative state of one truth for all that is not a relative truth but an omnipresently objectively subjective truth. You're clearly insane.

Now. I'd love to see these religious idiots destroy each other.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
War between Iran and Israel is inevitable...its been in the making since we (The US) gave Israel back to the Jews after WWII....tsk tsk... and yep...I'm sure the U.S. will get involved for 2 reasons...a)United States backs israel and b) United States likes to play "Team America: World Police"

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Actually, it wasn't just 'us'.. Didn't the British play a very key role in the creation of the current state of Israel?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

By the way, what does that tell me? It tells me that he knows it's a complicated issue. If he was a monster who whole-heartedly believed that Israel had no right to exist then why wouldn't he just out and say it? Sure, he got flustered, but he didn't answer - what does that tell you?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Iran's thinking that they'll be able to take down the U.S. and Israel...which is utterly ridiculous because we have more than Israel backing us up...Whats sad is that its not Iran and America that want to kill each other- its the leaders who are making all of our decisions.

Thats a threat towards israel in his statement (and towards the US). At this point- we'll be seeing an attack on Iran within months. It's not inevitable, now its a full blown guarantee.

At this point diplomacy isn't an option considering all the nation leaders just want war. I'm all for getting rid of Ahmadinejad- he should be killed...but not anyone else. Unfortunately, heavy casualties will be dealt regardless of how anyone feels. This is nasty and now we're in danger. It's attack or be attacked. Ahmadinejad is building a nuke, wants to destroy israel, and now wants the U.S. off the map too- at this point I'm all for cluster bombing him and his tyranny ways back to the stone age. We had no purpose going to Iraq and Afghanistan...Iran is a threat- now there's a reason to go to war.

"If you want peace...prepare for war"

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
WOW we are so spooked of this guy ,, this would be the best turkey shoot
in the world,,, bring it on Iran ,, we dare you

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Screw Israel. I was in an excersize 7 years ago with some of their spec ops and they were the biggest a$$holes I have ever served around. I actually heard these words from their mouths,

"I do not know a single military man in my country that would die for any other land. I don't understand why you americans go and help so many people"

I didn't know what to say at first. I just said, "it's what I do because it's where I am ordered to go.

I have no real emotion about them getting wiped off the globe except for the innocents living there. Noone in their government is innocent.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

I understood what you wanted to discuss. It's pretty clear that will be impossible. I feel your pain

I've thought often that there seems to be a lot of roads converging. Many of them are within shouting distance of one another and when they merge?

Good luck with your intended topic

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
War between Iran and Israel is inevitable...its been in the making since we (The US) gave Israel back to the Jews after WWII....tsk tsk... and yep...I'm sure the U.S. will get involved for 2 reasons...a)United States backs israel and b) United States likes to play "Team America: World Police"

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

The U.S. didn't give Israel to anyone...it was more like every one in the western world...it was more Germany and Great Britian than any other nation. I agree that America has turned into a sort of world police, which I don't agree with but...let's discuss facts here.

These statements are troubling, and as soon as I heard this I had a flashback of about a month prior to 9/11 when one of the major news networks started covering Osama Bin Laden, with an interview etc...I definitely have raised eye brows about this. There was a report today floating around the NYMEX saying the U.S. had drawn up battle plans to attack Iran in the near future...of course the military denied it. I have a feeling, something is going to happen soon, but I'm afraid it will be Israel getting attacked in by rouge terrorists that may well be funded by Iran. Add this all up with the price of oil's recent run...and maybe the speculation is something much more than just a theory of internet users. I do view Iran as a dangerous government, however many of their people don't hate America as the media portrays...I just hope they can begin to fight against their own government to end their oppression, and hopefully a potential conflict. The good news is that if they attack Israel, the U.S. won't be alone in their fight...the entire western world will be behind Israel. My fear though, is that this will just inflame hatred of America...I think there are many good people in Iran and in other middle eastern nations, just as their are good people here...sadly our people fear the governments, and the governments fear nothing. I love America, but the guys we have in Congress and the White House right now, are only slightly more intelligent and moral than Iran's leader.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Ha! So typical of someone who can not back up their assertions. Let's just change the topic and maybe no one else will notice. Nice try. Till you provide proof of your assertions, consider this discussion halted. Research those particular items yourself, you may find it enlightening.

Have a nice day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join