It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[FARCE]There Is Not Any Phoenix On Mars[FARCE]

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

apple....I'm not sure of your question. There WAS a 'space race', it was started by the launch of Sputnik in 1957, by the Soviets. this was also an era when the 'fear' was being used....the 'fear' of communism.....

Now, we see a new 'fear' being used....no communism .... no, it's 'terrorism'!!!!!

Perhaps you may be to young to remember, but during the 1960s, 'communism' was the "boogeyman".

JFK notched up the race, a bit, with his speech in 1961....to 'commit' the Nation to land a man on the Moon, and return him safely.

hence, the conspiracy theories!! Sheesh! the Moon conspiracies started way before the 9/11 conspiracies!!!!

Seems, it is never-ending....thus, we have this nonsense thread. It is started by, so far, a member in good-standing. The premise is ridiculous, so other members in good standing try to bring knowledge and science to the discussion....seems, as you can read for yourselves, to no avail.

We, and others, ATS members in good standing, widh to deny ignorance.

This OP seems to, instead, flaunt ignorance. To what end, we have no idea.

Long has passed the opportunity for reason.....it is just best left to die. Since it is, in essence, a futile endeavor.....

R.I.P. "There Is Not Any Phoenix On Mars"........R.I.P.

sign off.....carry on.....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

To clarify, I meant that there is no space race now. The space race in the 60's was the motive that conspiracy theorists use. But since there is no space race now, I dont see the motive to use so much money to send an unmanned lander on mars.

sorry bout that

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

What's the motive? Try this. Knowledge. To find out, if we can, what's out there...are we truely alone, or is there the possibility that life exists elsewhere in the Universe. That's the motive.

We look up at the stars, like all our ancestors before us, and we wonder: Are we alone? Or are there, out there amongst the stars other worlds with other people who are staring back wondering the exact same thing. Pheonix, and all the other space programs are the first steps, wobbly and unsure, along the path to finding out the answer to that age old question.

So for BB and others to deny that anything like Phoenix or Apollo has happened is to deny everything that makes us human, our capacity to wonder about, and to wonder at, the Universe around us, and to seek to understand.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

[snip]. I did it again.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS A HOAX.

Im saying the conspiracy theorists have lost the motive ( to hoax) card. Thats all. Sheesh

Mod Edit: Removed derogatory term.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I know you're not. It's just your question was an opportunity to go on a rant, and not be off, at least too much, topic. Couldn't resist the chance...

Target of opportunity, if you will. No aspersions intended.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

bknapple32.....very interesting choice of terms, there....to 'twist' my screenname. Do you have a certain agenda, not related to this thread??

It is a valid question. I have alerted the Mods, because it seemed appropriate.

WW

edit for the 'lisp'....

[edit on 6/24/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

WW, what are you talking about. I thought we were on the same boat here. What did I twist around? What was worthy of alerting the mods? Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

no prob sea, I was just getting so frustrated with myself for not articulating my argument well. And I knew it was my fault because two posters were not getting what I mean. Good rant though!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

OK....the [snip] comment....that set me off. Was that on purpose, or just a typo???/

Mod Edit: Removed derogatory term

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

No type-o but nothing personal either. It was just something I heard the other day on southpark, and I havent used the term in like 10 years, so I thought I'd write it out. I guess I can see how it rhymes with your name, but thats about it. SO it was nothing directed at you...

Back to the topic.

Will we be labeling this thread farce anytime soon. Its almost become a goal for me now. Let us deny ignorance and farce this thread up.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Or....did I just not get your humor?....darn......maybe, I get beat up on so many other threads.....sorry....I jumped on the worng member.....

To any Mod who gets an alert....just ignore, please....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

OK!!! bknapple....like I've posted, I want the Mods to read along, and see for themselves....it was a reaction, not warranted here....but consider it from another source.....because I do happen to see other threads....and I let myself get involved in one, and took it out on another.

My sincerest apologies, bkanapple!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

apple.....just re-read your post....yeah, let's farce this thing up!1

As long as you accept my apology?

WW

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

No problem, I can see the road that took to you to your conclusion. No hard feelings.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big-Brain
First of all, ST SIR 86, I don't believe in Aliens and UFO. If they existed, they would have already been on our planet.

first of all BB i dont give a hoot what you think and far as i know your just a nobody.
like i said this all happened before i was born

have a nice day

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
To clarify, I meant that there is no space race now. The space race in the 60's was the motive that conspiracy theorists use. But since there is no space race now, I dont see the motive to use so much money to send an unmanned lander on mars.

Don't be embittered. You can explain your thoughts very well. WW is not too smart.

I am very pleased that you begin to reason with your head and to consider the heap of evidences I showed you.

You said: "I dont see the motive to use so much money to send an unmanned lander on mars".

You are totally right. After 40 years from the landing on the moon, why would have NASA's frauds spent $420 million to send a poor unmanned lander on Mars?

They would have been able to build a manned probe smaller than LM with only one pilot, in order to save.

This enterprise would have been a greatest thing, an amazing achievement, but the poor Phoenix with its poor ludicrous robotic arm good for children when playing on the beach, with its poor black and white photography camera good for the films of the past, is a poorest thing that doesn't interest to anybody.

Even if they discovered that there is ice and genetically modified organisms, whom would it interest to?

We'd want to see shade, tone, amount, dash, degree, difference, gradation, hint, nuance, semblance, suggestion, trace, variety of colours of ground and atmosphere of Mars above all at dawn and sunset.

Aren't there no mountains, hills on Mars, are there only black an white stones?

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Big-Brain]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
All cameras are black and white.

that is, they only detect luminance levels.

The trick is sorting out the luminance at specified wavelengths.
Then reassembling them to produce color.

This is true of film cameras and digital cameras.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

spacedoubt i like your avatar...... spacedoubt your avatar and my name have a lot in common....lol

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Thanks!
We've both been 86'd.
I thought the body language had a heavy dose of skepticism.
no?
Would you believe a small dose of attitude?
Would you believe a pinch of smugness?
ok, I just liked the coat

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Big-Brain

BB, I used to think you were being intentionally obtuse as some sort of sick joke.

But, if you actually believe what you write, then you are in desperate need of further and continued education.

I recommend a new thread started by internos...titled "Mars Exploration timeline"

GO......LEARN!

Oh, on second thought.....just GO!!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join