It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did JESUS NOTT ADMIT what he said???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i was wondering, how come during the part in the Bible when Pilot asked Jesus: "are u the king of the Jews" (YES JESUS DID SAY THAT)... how come Jesus' only answer was: "i am what you say i am"???

how come Jesus did not man up to all the trouble he made...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Easy.

Because Jesus wasn't the King of the Jews.

Jesus wasn't the Son of God.

Jesus was a Prophet of God.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Chapter verse, please.

Have you ever heard of demurring? Christ answered in such manner most of the time. A lesson to all Patriots.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Chapter verse, please.

Have you ever heard of demurring? Christ answered in such manner most of the time. A lesson to all Patriots.

Orrrrrrrrr... He just wasn't.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Read John 18:28-40

This should Hopefully answer your question. Remember the Gospels were 4 different accounts of the same thing. That is why the Gospels are not exactly alike.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Matthew 27:12-14 "And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing. Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marveled greatly." Jesus seems a bit short on words here. but.... John 18:33-38 "Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all." Jesus was rather chatty here. As is common, we have conflicting accounts. But neither give us your version. Where did you find it? When in doubt, go to the source. Even we atheists know that! [Edited on 2-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Jesus was not a king, so why would he say he was.

This thread proves nothing. Except showing the integrity of Jesus

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Its funny how those who wrote the Bible knew exactly what he said decades after his death.

Deep

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Its funny howt hose who wrote the Bible knew exactly what he said decades after his death.

Deep

What exactly are you refering to?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
who knows...

LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was wondering, how come during the part in the Bible when Pilot asked Jesus: "are u the king of the Jews" (YES JESUS DID SAY THAT)... how come Jesus' only answer was: "i am what you say i am"???

how come Jesus did not man up to all the trouble he made...

are you really ignorant enough to not see what Jesus means?

link   

who knows...

LOL

You still have not answered SO's or my question!!!!!

link   

John 18:33-38
"Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."

The writers seemed to have known " Exactly " what he said.

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
DEEP---how do u know that this is EXACTLY what he said???

REMEMBER: the teachings and stories about Jesus were passed down by word of mouth...MAYBEE someone got the facts wrong and messed it up or streched the truth???

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The writers knew Jesus and followed him during his travels. One of them was skilled at transcribing word for word on what he said. Hope that helps clear it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

DEEP---how do u know that this is EXACTLY what he said???

REMEMBER: the teachings and stories about Jesus were passed down by word of mouth...MAYBEE someone got the facts wrong and messed it up or streched the truth???

You are utterly and flat out wrong. I assume you know nothing about the origins of the bible, its authors or how it was assembled do you? Wow, how some people will just spout off things like they know exactly what's going on, while they haven't done jack to research or familiarize themselves with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
WRONG!!! ALL the gospels were written YEARS after Jesus died...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It seems nobody picked up my hint of " Sarcasm ".

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

WRONG!!! ALL the gospels were written YEARS after Jesus died...

Uh, Mark, Matt, you know, the gang, they wrote their accounts. Let's not forget Luke. They were there, man. They had the 1,000 yard stare.

Why does Jesus scare you so much that you attack the concept?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
FAITH IN NOTHING SCARES ME...

why put youre entire SOUL on the line for NOTHING (a person did not see Jesus but he believes...why)

NOTE: im Catholic but a person MUST question EVERYTHING... why be a slave to info. that is TOLD to you and you have NO PROOF that it is REAL???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join