It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did JESUS NOTT ADMIT what he said???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have a guy named jesus watering my lawn.If i could convince david copperfield to change water into wine would someone wash my feet?(?)

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
sorry, repeated reply twice!

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by jezebel]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
WRONG!!! ALL the gospels were written YEARS after Jesus died...

Actually, the Gospel of John was written by someone who was physically present and witnessed the teachings and actions of Jesus first hand. He only ever refers to himself as "the disciple whom Jesus loved", and I don't know if he was, in fact, John the Baptist. Most people believe that he was, though. He was not counted as one of the 12 apostles, but rather followed behind and recorded the things that he witnessed happening. He is also the only one who felt it was important for future readers to know that he witnessed the things he wrote about and that what he wrote was the truth. This strikes me as being a very significant detail, which I never hear anyone point out.

Here are some of the passages where he refers to himself:

John 19:25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.
John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own [home].

John 18:14 Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.
John 18:15 And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and [so did] another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest.
John 18:16 But Peter stood at the door without. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter.

John 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
John 19:35 And he that saw [it] bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.

John 20:2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
John 20:3 Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
John 20:4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.

John 21:20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
John 21:21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what [shall] this man [do]?
John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what [is that] to thee? follow thou me.
John 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what [is that] to thee?
John 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

As for why Jesus did not claim to be the King of the Jews, when Pilate asked him, it was because they were insinuating that he was trying to claim the physical authoritarian role of king, not the spiritual role as king in the kingdom of heaven. This was not the case, and he made that clear to Pilate when he asked:

John 18:33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
John 18:34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
John 18:35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

John 19:10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. (This, by the way, does not mean that the Jews hath the greater sin, but that if anyone was to bear the blame, it was God, who ultimately delivered him to his death)
John 19:12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.

He was not backpedaling from what he had said. He was just refusing to allow them to twist his words in order to use them against him.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
A. The Old Testament is God's direct words to Moses.
Moses was not the only author of the Old Testament. Also, just because he said God told him what to write, doesn't mean that was the case.
B. The Gospels were written by Jesus' Apostles. They were with him up until his death.
Only the author of the book of John specifically says he witnessed the things he wrote about. The other 3 gospels were written some time after Jesus' crucifixion and there is nothing in them that says they actually SAW the things they wrote, first hand.
C. Revelation is a dream, vision John had
What does this have to do with the question that was asked?
If you look through the rest of the Bible, you will see interaction between Jesus' and the authors.
Not counting the gospel of John, where is there evidence of Jesus physically interacting with the authors of the other 3 gospels, Matthew, Mark, and Luke?
Find me rebuttles against ABC and maybe I will Listen.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Because he was the Sun God not the son of God

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Nag Hammadi Books

There are more writtings about Jesus than what is in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Actually, the Gospel of John was written by someone who was physically present and witnessed the teachings and actions of Jesus first hand. He only ever refers to himself as "the disciple whom Jesus loved", and I don't know if he was, in fact, John the Baptist. Most people believe that he was, though.

I don't believe this to be so. I think you're confusing John the Baptist with John the Evangilist.
It's up in the air wether the GStJohn was written first. A lot of people do believe that it was the last one to be written. But I totally agree with you that it would seem to be the only one of the gospels which was an accurate eye witness account.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Lol i like mr Thomas Crownes opinion!

I dont no why jesus didnt answer. He refused to answer. I shall find out.

But Jesus werent no prophet!
he was the son of God!
No doubt about it!

To what sorta prophet does God say "you are my son whom i am well pleased" or summit to similar meaning!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join