It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did JESUS NOTT ADMIT what he said???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, I guess you can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well it is lacking proof, other than the righteous word of the Vaticant.

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You have a little dog standing under a really big woman. Are we to take you seriously as a teacher?!?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
DONT LISTIN TO HIM

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i find it amusing that you use a serpent as your avatar. silence speaks more than words.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The best example that I can find.

Exodus 3:13-14

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?" God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

It is true that God refers to himself an I am many times in the bible. The Egyptians had many gods by many different names. Moses wanted to know Gods name so the Hebrew people would know who sent him to them. God called himself I Am, a name describing his eternal power and unchangeable character.

Hebrews 13:8 says god is the same yesterday and today and forever because Gods nature is stable and trustworthy.

Im sure you have heard God referred to as Yahweh. This is also accurate, Yahweh is derived from the Hebrew word for I Am.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
and u know what they say... "yahweh is salvation"

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You know what they say about " Salvation ", its a CULT!

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
LOL--- If u told that 2 ma Religion teacher he would be PISSED HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was wondering, how come during the part in the Bible when Pilot asked Jesus: "are u the king of the Jews" (YES JESUS DID SAY THAT)... how come Jesus' only answer was: "i am what you say i am"???

how come Jesus did not man up to all the trouble he made...

Because that part of the story was altered or at least it wasnt told correctly. Its like a 50 years game of telephone. Think about it?!?!?! Jesus was a preacher, and loved to debate, especially those who claimed to be holy like the Jewish rabbis. He wouldn't give a one lined answer like that.

People have to remember that these stories about Jesus for one are not told verbatim. They were written 50 75 years after his death. That like me writing about the Martian Luther King I have a dream speech, with out the help of TV and newspapers. How would I write it By word of mouth just like the bible was written and just like the Quran was written.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Quran was written by Muhhamed himself or so they say.

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Chapter verse, please.

Have you ever heard of demurring? Christ answered in such manner most of the time. A lesson to all Patriots.

Why do you ask for a verse. A verse can be interpreted many different ways

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was wondering, how come during the part in the Bible when Pilot asked Jesus: "are u the king of the Jews" (YES JESUS DID SAY THAT)... how come Jesus' only answer was: "i am what you say i am"???

how come Jesus did not man up to all the trouble he made...

Because that part of the story was altered or at least it wasnt told correctly. Its like a 50 years game of telephone. Think about it?!?!?! Jesus was a preacher, and loved to debate, especially those who claimed to be holy like the Jewish rabbis. He wouldn't give a one lined answer like that.

People have to remember that these stories about Jesus for one are not told verbatim. They were written 50 75 years after his death. That like me writing about the Martian Luther King I have a dream speech, with out the help of TV and newspapers. How would I write it By word of mouth just like the bible was written and just like the Quran was written.

But back then, oral tradition was the norm. If you look at the Oddysey and the Illiad, they werre transmitted Orally for hundreds of years. While they weren't perfect, and certain details got confused or jumbled, the base story is still there.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
TRUE AND I AGREE WITH U...

some of his teachings WERE stretched ALOT...

RIGHT???

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well Jesus would have had to have " existed " for someone to oraly remember his teachings.

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
John 18:33-38
"Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."

Jesus was rather chatty here.

As is common, we have conflicting accounts. But neither give us your version. Where did you find it?

When in doubt, go to the source. Even we atheists know that!

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

You noticed Jesus said in a round about way no. The kingdom of heaven is not of this world and is with in each one of us. So does that mean that we are not of this world?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
they see ALL - Please try to appear remotely intelligent.

- a moderator

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

they see ALL - Please try to appear remotely intelligent.

- a moderator

Who is this directed towards?

Deep

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
they see ALL is the member with the dragon avatar.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Dont I feel stupid, I never even read his name.

Even so, I was like that the first time I joined ATS. Cut him some slack!

Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join