It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did JESUS NOTT ADMIT what he said???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by DaTruth

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was wondering, how come during the part in the Bible when Pilot asked Jesus: "are u the king of the Jews" (YES JESUS DID SAY THAT)... how come Jesus' only answer was: "i am what you say i am"???

how come Jesus did not man up to all the trouble he made...

Because that part of the story was altered or at least it wasnt told correctly. Its like a 50 years game of telephone. Think about it?!?!?! Jesus was a preacher, and loved to debate, especially those who claimed to be holy like the Jewish rabbis. He wouldn't give a one lined answer like that.

People have to remember that these stories about Jesus for one are not told verbatim. They were written 50 75 years after his death. That like me writing about the Martian Luther King I have a dream speech, with out the help of TV and newspapers. How would I write it By word of mouth just like the bible was written and just like the Quran was written.

But back then, oral tradition was the norm. If you look at the Oddysey and the Illiad, they werre transmitted Orally for hundreds of years. While they weren't perfect, and certain details got confused or jumbled, the base story is still there.

I agree!!! But you didn't have people pick and choose with chapters of the Illiad to include.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Dont I feel stupid, I never even read his name.

Even so, I was like that the first time I joined ATS. Cut him some slack!

Deep

Yea that was harsh. Funny but Harsh.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Jesus said what he said because it makes us search in ourselves to find the answer. Almost like a zen teacher saying...

"in order to hammer your enemy, you must first learn how to hammer a nail" or some stuff like that.

"I am what you say I am"... that pretty much leaves it up to Pilate to decide what Christ is. Jesus was telling him "if you want me to be a prophet, fine. A king, so be it. I know what I am, I've told the peole who I am... now you decide what I am".

Now that is deep.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I agree!!! But you didn't have people pick and choose with chapters of the Illiad to include.

People also didn't think the fate of your immortal soul rested on what Homer said

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A. The Old Testament is God's direct words to Moses.

B. The Gospels were written by Jesus' Apostles. They were with him up until his death.

C. Revelation is a dream, vision John had

If you look through the rest of the Bible, you will see interaction between Jesus' and the authors.

Case Closed on the original Question. IMO

Find me rebuttles against ABC and maybe I will Listen.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You noticed Jesus said in a round about way no. The kingdom of heaven is not of this world and is with in each one of us. So does that mean that we are not of this world?

You need to read the rest of the posts, Each Gospel is the Authors Story, If you read each Gospel, you will see the same events, but worded differently. We are a soul inhabiting a body, therefore when we die our souls go to heaven.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

FAITH IN NOTHING SCARES ME...

why put youre entire SOUL on the line for NOTHING

Why hold your sould back for nothing?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
" faith in nothing scares me "

Faith in God means faith in all he teaches and his commands. If the entire world had no faith in God
and his commands then this world would be in complete chaos.

I think it was soothsayer who hit the nail on the head here. That he alrady told them who he was, and he knew they were just trying to get him to blaspheme more so he answered (you say that i am).

peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
B. The Gospels were written by Jesus' Apostles. They were with him up until his death.

Ok I pick B

The names we associate with the Gospel writers are all second-century guesses. If this comes as a surprise, welcome to the cutting edge of modern biblical scholarship. There is a lot more to understanding and interpreting one of the most influential collection of works in Western history than the simple viewpoints we were taught as children.

Nearly a century after the four Gospels were finished, Christians in the late second century, eager to give names to the anonymous manuscripts they possessed, selected traditional figures that they supposed should have written them - the Apostles Matthew and John, Luke the "beloved physician" of Paul (Col. 4:14) and John Mark of Jerusalem, the "son" of Peter (Acts 12:12, I Peter 5:13)

With first-rate scholarship, compelling story-telling and religious sensitivity, Arizona State Univesity professor and biblical scholar Dr. Randel Helms answers these questions:

Was the author we know as Luke a woman?
What were some of the errors that Mark made tha Luke and Matthew sought to correct?
How did three different authors of widely conflicting opinions write the Gospel of John?
How was first-century Christianity even more theologically diverse than it is today?
Where was the lost Sayings Gospel of Q rediscovered by scholars?
How do the Gospels tell us more about their authors' motives than they do about Jesus?
Which famous gospel stories were drawn from pagan drama and myth?

According to Helms the gospels were written to convert or confirm their readers to Christianity (surela no shameful project); they are the highly colored arguments of powerful authors, not just transparent windows upon the historical Jesus. If we adjust our focus from the brilliant imaginative pictures to the imaginations that produced them, to the situations out of which they arose, we get to the point of this book - a study of the minds of the authors we call Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Link

Literacy was rare. People relied on oral tradition to carry wisdom forward. No one wrote down the words of Jesus as he spoke them. But later, as the gospel eyewitnesses were martyred, it became clear that someone ought to write down the story for future believers. Mark made the first attempt, between 64 and 70 A.D. Mark may have been Peter's interpreter and "son in faith," mentioned in 1 Peter. Or he may have been a Greek convert of Paul's named John Mark in Acts. If Mark were influenced by Peter's eyewitness account or Paul's latecomer conversion, the difference in his source would affect his story.

More at this site.......

GOSPEL acc. to... MARK MATTHEW LUKE JOHN WHO?
Check this one out too...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Easy.

Because Jesus wasn't the King of the Jews.

Jesus wasn't the Son of God.

Jesus was a Prophet of God.

No, he wasn't. This isn't true. He was King of the Jews and Son of God.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Easy.

Because Jesus wasn't the King of the Jews.

Jesus wasn't the Son of God.

Jesus was a Prophet of God.

No, he wasn't. This isn't true. He was King of the Jews and Son of God.

We are all children of God. "Jesus" was an ascended higher being that came down to try and help us.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

i was wondering, how come during the part in the Bible when Pilot asked Jesus: "are u the king of the Jews" (YES JESUS DID SAY THAT)... how come Jesus' only answer was: "i am what you say i am"???

Pilot "are u the king of the Jews"

Jesus "i am what you say i am"

It means he is saying

I am what you just said

(Instead of just I am)

meaning he is the king of the jews

Or am i missing something from somewhere?

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Crash]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He knew he had to be crucified. I believe that by this statement he was putting the ball in Pilate's court.

That is of course if you believe in the whole crucifixion scenario from a Christian point of view.

Personally, I believe that the Romans executed Jesus because he was a threat to the Empire. His lineage supposedly descended from David and he was the heir to the throne. Pilate's question was made to affirm whether Jesus had support as ruler over the Jews. Jesus had been out preaching and uniting the population of Israel and was slowly beginning to be recognised as king but his place on the throne was not yet certain.
The Romans were actually nervous that Jesus could unite the Jewish sects and give them problems.
By saying, "I am who you say I am", Jesus was merely confirming Pilate's suspicion that he was the king of the Jews or heading in that direction.

Basically saying "What you've heard from those who follow me is true".

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I dont know what bible you are reading but I am who you say I am is not in the bible.

John 18

Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, "Are you the king of the Jews?"
"Is that your own idea," Jesus asked, "or did others talk to you about me?"
"Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "It was your people and your chief priests who handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I Am

Do not think that I have gone --
I am everything you look upon.
I am a lullaby sung soft and low,
I am the colors of the lovely rainbow;
I am the children's laughter of delight,
I am the sunshine--warm and bright;
I am the spring breeze caressing your skin,
I am the love that you feel within;
I am the clouds in the sky of blue...
I am the very breath of you.

I am the tears that release your pain,
I am the message that Christ's come 'again';
I am the water that quenches your thirst,
I am the last -- I was the first;
I am one with you as you are with me,
I am One with All and so are thee.
Do not feel alone nor bereft,
I am right here -- I never left.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth

You are utterly and flat out wrong. I assume you know nothing about the origins of the bible, its authors or how it was assembled do you? Wow, how some people will just spout off things like they know exactly what's going on, while they haven't done jack to research or familiarize themselves with it.

Hi ST,

I would like to ask you a few questions about the Bible, because you seem to know the most and you give good answers too.

1. Who were the pen holders, it wasnt Matthew, Mark, Luke or John because it clearly says ACCORDING TO.... so who is the 3rd person??
2. How long after Jesus(pbuh) died did the Pen holders start to write the so called Gospel??
3. if it was a long time like 10-20 years after his death, can we trust it truely to be the Gospel as it was said by Jesus(pbuh) himself??
4. What are there surnames, would you take a contract that hasnt got the clients surnames on it??

Thanks alot

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Actually, this is one of my favorite events in the Gospel. Jesus was quite the smarty-pants, now wasn't he. LOL. This is the equivalent of, "yeah, whatever you say".

Jesus was NOT going to declare Kingship of the Jews when they had rejected him in that role (this is the role of Messiah). That role had been put aside when the Jews made their decision...his role had become the Saviour.

But furthermore, there is an interesting connection between the answer Christ gave to this question and this verse in the Old Testament...so maybe reading both verses would further the discussion:

Exodus 3:14

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth

are you really ignorant enough to not see what Jesus means?

Explain it to me.....im that ignorant. What exactly does he mean? (Since you know exactly what he was thinking and all because you are so freeking smart...)

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

what about the revelation of paul???

ever heard of it?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

A. The Old Testament is God's direct words to Moses.
>>>so it was claimed

>>>yeah? the officail language of the jewish peope was Aramaic and hebrew why were they writeing in greek?

>>>yeah lots of poeple have these kinds of dreams so?

If you look through the rest of the Bible, you will see interaction between Jesus' and the authors.

Case Closed on the original Question. IMO

Find me rebuttles against ABC and maybe I will Listen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join