It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your experiences with rude and mean people on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just had interaction with somebody quite rude on ATS. And I wonder why some people are like this? Aren't humans supposed to be mature enough to talk about things and sort things out in a friendly and clear way, instead of just being rude and putting you on ignore haha.

Anyway here is what just happened to me, it speaks for itself lol.

Phoenix: Who are you and why have you added me as your foe? lol.

Mean guy: I am me. Someone who is disgusted by the hate that spills out of your mouth.

Phoenix: What hate? I don't spread hate I'm against that?

Mean guy: don't send anymore messages, after this, you will be on ignore.
have a great day sicko

Phoenix: Are you sure you haven't mistaken me for someone else?

I really don't know, I think it would be nice if you at least give me an idea before putting me on ignore.

Peace...

Anyway I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys feel about people like this, and how you dealt with them, what experiences you have had, and do they affect how you feel about ATS.

Edit: sorry I was supposed to put this in the Board Business & Questions forum.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's because 90% of people are self-absorbed complete idiots in real life. Why would the internet be any different?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Three word's.

PINCH

OF

SALT

You seem like a decent person judged on the thread's i have read so dont worry about it.

There is always someone who is mentally ill that want's to upset or distract you on the net.

Just walk on lol.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 31-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you need to, contact a moderator for help.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

You seem like a decent person judged on the thread's i have read so dont worry about it.

There is always someone who is mentally ill that want's to upset or distract you on the net.

Yeah your right, maybe there was no need for this thread, I'm being too sensitive haha.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You suck.

Ya. This my mean post to you.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Personally I find it invigorating, thrilling and exciting when somebody insult my intelligence

Depending on the nature of the insult I either chose to answer or ignore and let the ATS administration deal with it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Mean guy: don't send anymore messages, after this, you will be on ignore.
have a great day sicko

Have a great day sicko!!!

That is classic! So funny! The great thing is that we can find the humor in the madness!

Later, sicko!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Foe's are like trophies. It just means you are participating. Ignoring works both ways.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe it's cuz you're a big ninny!

You ninny!

Go to ninnyville!

Your opinions are moot, ninny!

Moot seems to be a popular word, so I'll use it a lot to sound smart, ninny!

Just pulling your chain.

NINNY!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Foe's are like trophies. It just means you are participating. Ignoring works both ways.

So true Blaine.

Though, in my case, no matter how much I come between various members in conversation, I'm still left as the bastard red-headed step-child of the interwebs.

_Phoenix_,
That a fellow member "selected" you as their Respected Foe should be an honour. I'm not saying that was their intention [
] but it would seem the premise of such distinction. Respected Foe == Respected Adversary. (?)

*tuppence*

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Annie Mossity]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Phoenix it is possible to ignore members . Just click on the ignore link under a members points bars . If you want to once again read a members post go to - Members Centre - Manage ignores . This may be the best option in some cases.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't take the FOE thing personally.

There are some people here I honestly respect that are on the opposite side of things here, and some that are jerks.

Same with the people on my side of whatever issue it is...

Fact is most people in any group are basically OK, a few are practically saints, and a few are just plain jerks.

That's just humanity.

Most of the people on all sides here at least try to have a conversation.

The trick is to try not to lose your temper and your ability to debate, which admittedly we all do now and then.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Personally I find it invigorating, thrilling and exciting when somebody insult my intelligence

Depending on the nature of the insult I either chose to answer or ignore and let the ATS administration deal with it.

LOL marg

I'm afraid I've been on a bit of a wind up mission recently.

I'll get back to serious discussion eventually

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There is nothing like the feeling of turning foes into real good friends .
We have all experienced that one.
Then again there are some here (have not met any yet) that are better left alone.
The only warns I've recieved were caused by trolls, what I was told by a couple of Mods, "Dont feed the trolls!"

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are people here from all walks of life and anytime that happens to me i picture them in a single trailer living with ma and pa and their sis who they fantasize about.
Beer cans and trash all over the place, oh and hubcaps for sale outside their door, about 400 lbs, hairy and no life at all.

I always feel good afterwards.

Tragic.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Youve got to stop spying on me! Just because I sell hubcaps, hubcap city...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
you know what the pilots said in WW2...

you know your over the target when you start copping flak.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

LOL marg

I'm afraid I've been on a bit of a wind up mission recently.

I'll get back to serious discussion eventually

Hey it takes a lot to make me angry, that is why I find amusing when somebody gets so into what I post that it targets me intentionally.

I makes me feel important, or at least what I have to say.

I have not a single foe on my list, but I know that I am in quite a few lists around.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Meanies Of Life

People tend to be mean because they're angry, afraid, confused, sick or in some sort of pain.

Knowing that can help when dealing with someone who's slinging the hate.

When you understand that lashing out is an involuntary sign of personal problems, indignation can give way to sympathy.

That doesn't mean you need to be anyone's doormat, but recognizing the causes of such behavior can make it easier to deal with.

Of course if you see violations of the terms & conditions in our forums, the best thing to do is let us know by ALERTing the post(s) in question.

Our responses are never immediate (alas we're mods, not gods) and may not resolve problems right away (nope, we're not perfect either), but karma has a way of catching up with all of us eventually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join