It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children a hoax

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

It's not making you spoiled if you knows something. Regardless from the matter, only those ones will call you spoiled, who is usually envy on you. It's human nature.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

I'm sure some sensitives in the past didn't have to be taught anything when they were children either. There is no way to know whether or not

1-whether or not children are somehow becoming more sensitive now than they have been in the past.
2-whether or not, if 1 is correct, this is due to some kind of unknown, high-speed, speculative form of spiritual evolution (which doesn't make alot of sense).
3-That the causes for this (considering 1 and/or 2 are correct) have anything at all to do with anything other than very normal/natural influences instead of some all-out human evolution into a higher dimension caused by seemingly divine influences.

How can we honestly know whether or not children are somehow more sensitive now than they were a century ago? It's not like we can simply compare them. The only thing we have to go off of to do anything resembling a comparison is looking at historical data. And not every event is historically recorded (let alone whether or not it is recorded accurately). Not to mention, people 1,000 years ago had no idea about all this new-aged mumbo jumbo and they weren't teaching their kids these things from the day they were born like they are today.. Therefore, we could simply be seeing the power of suggestion in one form or another.

There is simply no way to know for sure whether or not children since the seventies are somehow more sensitive than children born prior to the seventies.. Children who are not taught about this kind of sensitivity, children not taught such new-aged ideals a hundred years ago, it would be a much different situation when compared to the children of today who are being, basically, taught from childhood that they are super-sensitive and that it is all related to this idea of crystal children. People teach their children this while assuming that all of these new aged concepts like auras, spiritual evolution, etc.. is all real and they teach their children these things as well...

I have no beef with anyone here. I have not attacked anyone and I am truly sorry if you feel that I am somehow coming across as callous or inconsiderate to your beliefs. I am not closed-minded, I meditate, I am currently reading 1 book about astronomy and 2 books on the paranormal. I am keenly curious about the universe around us and there are many deep-seeded mysteries about the universe we know very little or nothing about scientifically or otherwise.

But, just as in the past, when the egyptians saw the sun had such immense power over their lives in determining what crop seasons would be plentiful, which wouldn't, etc.. and just as they chose to worship the sun because of the sun's mysterious power on agriculture, it shows that when a society slowly learns about strange new phenomenon, it is quite often that a society will see such phenomenon as having some kind of spiritual signifigance (which is then taught to their children, and their children's children, etc..). If someone saw ball lightning one day 100,000 years ago and had no idea what it was, they might just attribute it to god/spiritual energy. How can we be so sure this new-aged movement any different? Everything dark, foreboding, and mysterious has probably been worshipped sometime in the past.

These have all been worshipped/hallowed as having spiritual powers throughout history..Cougars, lions, crocodiles, the sun, lightning, trees, plants, bears, bison, cattle, ravens, dogs... The list continues.. Even if the concept of "crystal children" has a basis in reality and these children are becoming more sensitive, this new aged concept of crystal children could just be this very same concept in a different package and we are again seeing mysterious unknown phenomenon becoming seen as proof of god/auras/spiritual evolution/etc..

But many people never really consider these things. Some people are willing to believe any new-aged thing that comes along in a book, magazine, or on TV because they are looking for something to believe in. In other words, they are looking for faith in god and the universe after living so long in such a dark, dimented world they are stuck in whether they like it or not. And, in a way, you can't blame people like this just because of how dark and twisted religion, politics, and people in general are.

For some people, faith is enough. For other people, the world is a little more complicated than that. We live in a very complex universe with very complex phenomenon, much of which we probably haven't even seen yet. Having such a fascinated curiosity about the world around us, as I have, means that you expect the natural world to be both simple and complex at the same time.

But at the same time (at least in my opinion) the more one is willing to believe in a creator in whatever form one to choose the more one is compromising their own ability to see the world objectively through the mindset of looking for the truth regardless of whether or not you agree with that truth or not. All of the world's spiritual and/or religious beliefs are all at odds with one another because they are so very different.. I find it highly unlikely that one way or spiritual belief is real while the majority of the world is living in a spiritually delusional dreamworld. Therefore, I personally refuse to openly accept any one faith or religion because, from the very start, the odds are always going to be that you are wrong regardless of what you believe.

But I also think the fact that there are so many religious/spiritual ideaologies out there is proof that most of these spiritual beliefs are man-made and propogated by man over time. I have a very different world-view in general than most people, but I think alot of folks on ATS here would understand what I mean..

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterBallz

That's too funny!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
For those who are real "Indigo Children", remember this: you are here because of love, and you've made your choice already.

During your life you'll encounter a lot of difficulties, because for you, "reality" and supernatural are both real, interlacing with each other. Learn from both, but I warn you, it can be misleading sometimes, and because of your sensitiveness, you'll feel "very" broken. It's a learning process and I can't tell you what to do, you have to figure out themselves.

For those who have "active" abilities, try to control or redirect it to something positive. Remember, nothing is free.

Skeptic people will attack you with words while they don't have any idea what you're experiencing. Religious fanatics will corner you, marking you as dark, demonic, or anti-"them" - whatever that is.

Love and try to understand them, for they're "much younger" than you. After all, you can't do everything yourself.

There's nothing to be proud of about being an "Indigo", I really hope people are not selling merchandise with that label. It made us sound like we're so special. In fact, we're selfless, ready to sacrifice for others. So, I'm not sure the brats are the same.

And last, we're all here. Why not just grab each other's hand and try to create "heaven"? Isn't that been told before?

~ nothing to do with anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
The so-called "indigo" children seem to me to be a parents excuse to not take responsability for their child. By the standards of this section of spiritualism, I should've been dubbed as "crystal", but...well, I think that's a bunch of BS. I've had the glorious pleasure of being told this and that from supposedly psychic people.

To me, Indigo children are a californian parents way of saying "let the children express themselves." That's fine and dandy, I grew up in the 90's...I had one of the last families that still used a hand to teach right from wrong, and was misdiagnosed with ADHD.

At any rate...I can't say I disagree, but I think it's more of parents wanting a way to make their immature bratty children to have an excuse to feel special, spoiled, and the like. It's appauling really.

The Indigo are of reality.
I myself being one.
I do not care what slander you will spill on me.
But yourself, and the thread itself,
are extremely ignorant and close-minded.
I am guessing you haven't done enough research to come the conclusion of our existence.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Erytiel

Deny ignorance - don't welcome it with open arms.

You believe in indigo kids not because of any tangible evidence, but because you want to believe they exist. You also want to believe you are one, maybe to shore up flagging self-esteem, who knows. Whatever the reason, it's not rational in nature.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In my opinion, there are children with special abilities out there. I also know for certain that there are certain agencies looking for these types of children. If you think your child has some sort of unique ability, you can bet that there will be a team ready to evaluate them. I know this because I was evaluated as a child.

As for all the children born today being indigo, hmm I don't know about that. Children are naturally more aligned and in tune with otherwordly forces anyway, so if at any time you are going to discover a unique ability, it will be during childhood, BUT to say that every child born today will be indigo is not something I'm subscribing to just yet. Yes, it's no doubt that children today will be smarter than their ancestors, but that's because children today have many more avenues for learning and they start at a much younger age. If we only knew what our brains could do if wired properly....I don't think any of us would sleep at night.

But are there indigo children out there? Yes, there are.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

No,
I believe in the 'indigo' phenomena because I can remember the place where I came from before here.
I also know why I'm here.
I could give you a list that would confirm our existence.
With just using my own personal experiences.
I cannot make you believe and honestly, I don't want anybody to believe if they cannot accept it.
And really it's in human nature to criticise something that you don't want to understand.

In due time you'll come to the realization that we are, actually, alive.
And until that time comes, I bid you peace and love.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Erytiel

I'm sure you *think* you remember where you came from before here. That alone doesn't mean it happened - to think so is being irrational.

Your entire belief in this is based 100% on irrational assumptions.

It's human nature to point out when people are being ridiculous. I could easily accept it if there was any evidence for it at all, but there isn't. It's just a story people believe in to feel special. That's it. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Got any evidence for any of those claims at all? What, you don't? How strange!

Seriously - deny ignorance. Even if it means denying something you desperately want to be true.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Got any evidence for any of those claims at all? What, you don't? How strange!

Seriously - deny ignorance. Even if it means denying something you desperately want to be true.

What do you want me to provide evidence for? That there are agencies specifically in search of children with unique abilities?

Have you realized that the forum we are posting in is entitled AboveTopSecret? That means that most of what is said here will have very little in the way of actual documentation? If you are the type to not believe what others say unless you have visual proof, then I don't think you will enjoy your time on this board. I think it is you who should deny ignorance and open up your mind to more possibilities.

Needless to say, it would be incredibly difficult to give proof that these agencies exist. You can choose to believe what you want.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Privy_Princess]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Erytiel

I'm sure you *think* you remember where you came from before here. That alone doesn't mean it happened - to think so is being irrational.

Your entire belief in this is based 100% on irrational assumptions.

It's human nature to point out when people are being ridiculous. I could easily accept it if there was any evidence for it at all, but there isn't. It's just a story people believe in to feel special. That's it. Nothing more.

You have yet to be informed of what my judgement is based by.
So how can you be so quick to call it irrational assumptions?
Because it isn't happening to you, you do not believe it?
What else of proof can we give then what we say?
You cannot expect me to levitate something 15 feet from the ground.
What we can do isn't something you can see with you're eyes, for the most part anyway.
Exactly what information do you need to grip this?
To actually understand that it is happening.
The way you're bickering back, pretending like you really know best.
And honestly, it's obvious the human race doesn't know best.
Or it would stop blowing itself up and killing off species for consumption and financial gain.
This is why we have come. To show people what reality really is.
It's not this fabricated world with politics, jobs, money, greed or negativity of any sort.
We're simply the next stage of evolution for man.
I've already sensed you're not going to pick up on this.
Which is why I'm going to cease coercing with you if you're reply is just as close-minded.

If so, peace and love. Enjoy you're time on planet Earth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No, if you know these agencies exist, then show me the evidence that demonstrated to you, beyond rational doubt, that they exist. Or otherwise you are just spouting rumours devoid of substance.

reply to post by Erytiel

You are clearly basing your assumptions on something other than actual evidence. That much is clear. I'm not saying it doesn't exist because it's not happening to me. I'm not pregnant but I know pregnancy exists - because it can be demonstrated. I've yet to see anyone demonstrate anything in support of these indigo kids. Nothing.

I'm not being closed-minded, I'm being 'logical'. Just because logic calls out your baseless assertions doesn't mean it's 'closed-minded'.

Get a grip.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You are clearly basing your assumptions on something other than actual evidence. That much is clear. I'm not saying it doesn't exist because it's not happening to me. I'm not pregnant but I know pregnancy exists - because it can be demonstrated. I've yet to see anyone demonstrate anything in support of these indigo kids. Nothing.

I'm not being closed-minded, I'm being 'logical'. Just because logic calls out your baseless assertions doesn't mean it's 'closed-minded'.

Get a grip.

I've already said I'd leave.
But you're just bugging me now.
Ofcourse you know pregnancy exists, we see it everyday.
But yet this is something that you don't see everyday.
You would like a demonstration to prove such existence?
Ask anything. Want anything.
I really would like to open up you're mind.
To make you see that we are what we claim.
Would you like a list of the so called 'baseless assumptions' that I have this, based on?
You're praising 'deny ignorance' when you should be taking heed of the quote.
Please stop criticizing something you can't quite grasp.
Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean that it isn't happening.
You're just denying yourself more knowledge.
Please don't take this message rudely at all.
Love and Light,

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Erytiel

I can grasp the concept perfectly. It's not difficult. It's simple. I'm not criticising the concept, I'm criticising your stance of believing in it without any evidence (that's the 'ignorance' thing we talked about).

But you still have no evidence to support your claims, hence you are being irrational.

I don't take your message rudely. I'm just in wonder that a person can last so long in this world blindly accepting nonsense for no reason other than making them feel better or special.

Strange.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well, being that the last time I was in contact with these kinds of people was during my early childhood, I hardly remember anything about them.

When I was young, I could see auras. It would scare me to see all these different colors eminating from everyone. I would run away from those with dark auras and my parents didn't even know why I just ran away from random people. lol Imagine me as a 2 year old trying to explain to them what my problem was.

Well, my family, from what I'm just starting to find out from various members of my family, has always been connected with the esoteric world. Well, as a child one of my aunts got in contact with this particular agency that was interested in evaluating me and my supposed abilities.

All I know is that there was a man and a woman that showed up (like X files). Middle-aged and they just came to consult me. When they showed up, I denied it. I denied denied denied because I didn't want them to be poking and prodding me like some sort of animal in an experiment. I guess my mom understood and was compassionate because she asked them to leave and I never saw them again.

But I bet if I ask my aunt she would be able to tell me more, but I don't dare bring it up. I don't even think she thinks I remember.

But like I said. No proof. No names or addresses. So it's up to you to believe what you want.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Erytiel

I can grasp the concept perfectly. It's not difficult. It's simple. I'm not criticising the concept, I'm criticising your stance of believing in it without any evidence (that's the 'ignorance' thing we talked about).

But you still have no evidence to support your claims, hence you are being irrational.

I don't take your message rudely. I'm just in wonder that a person can last so long in this world blindly accepting nonsense for no reason other than making them feel better or special.

Strange.

You keep saying I have no evidence.
I, unfortunately for your sake, do have evidence.
And i'm quite willing to share everything with you,
just through a U2U.
Sorry, I really don't want other people attacking what I say.
And then getting me to provide 'proof' that it really happened.
Like, what? Am I supposed to walk around with a video camera constantly on record?
Anyway..
That's my offer.

Also, I use a Indigo community website,
that if you like, you could disect and come to your own conclusion.

I do understand I can't force you to believe anything.
It is you're own choice. And I honestly respect that.

Love and Light

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erytiel

It is you're own choice. And I honestly respect that.

Love and Light

I don't wish to be facetious, but can someone point out to me what exactly is the difference between and Indigo child and me? How does their intelligence manifest itself? For example, is it fair to doubt your claims based on the fact that you've misused an apostrophe in the above comment? That's genuinely not meant as a glib remark - but would that sort of thing be an accurate measure of Indigo abilities? Do Indigo children ever do things like we mere mortals do - forgetting to buy washing up liquid, or feed the cat, that sort of thing?

Please don't offer me love and light, I already have an anglepoise and a girlfriend.

Thanks

LW

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Erytiel

If you go in a public forum and make claims, you have to expect to be called out. Where is your evidence? If you don't want to share yours, please show us the peer-reviewed paper on Indigo kids, and how they obviously exist.

Otherwise you are being highly irrational. Is that a sign of Indigo kids? That they don't know how to prove their point? Doesn't sound that great to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sorry for taking awhile.

LoneWeasel:
No need to act cocky.
The difference between you and I is that my soul is much older then yours.
I am much wiser and more understanding, and my I don't exactly originate from Earth.
The lower 3D realm anyway. We're from a more higher dimension of peace and love.
I'm not prancing around declaring that every chance I get,
but that is generally what puts you aside from the Indigo.
That and also our abbilities. Which I'll get to later.
And no, a typing error doesn't 'prove' that Indigo's don't exist and that I certainly am not one.
If anything, there is more evidence suggesting we will misplace letters and so on and so forth.
I myself sometimes write a word how a dyslexic might,
and I know that doesn't dullen any

dave420:
Not the fact that we don't know how to prove a point,
it's more of, is the point worth making if the mind at the time won't take heed?
I'll state why I know of my existence.
And please, don't try to write them off as myself overreacting or making things up.
You've wanted to know in detail as to what happens, have a good look.

When I was first born my mother, who in no way has any psychic abilities,
although my Nan does, knew while she was having me that I was an 'old soul'.
I've asked her how she came to this conclusion, and she said she just simply knew.

As a child, this has been commented on quite alot actually by many family members,
they all felt 'uncomfortable' of some sort, because my eyes would not be the usual glazed
baby eyes drooping around, but alert and very wisened. Focussed. As in deep thought.
My aunt has said, "I hate it when you'd look at me as a child. Coz It wasn't this baby looking at you.
It was like it was an old man looking back out. You're eyes would just pierce into me."
While she said that, family members that were there at the time (this was at a family bbq)
agreed and added there own little input of the things I'd do that would make them baffled.

Something else which may contribute to my evidence,
Before I'd reached my first birthday, my mother had me on her lap while she was doing essays for university.
Out of nowhere I said paper. This was before I'd even learnt 'dad'.

I'd always seen 'weird' things while I was growing up,
and had constantly been interested in the paranormal and aliens.
When I was 7 I was on a web-service chat with other 20-something year olds discussing the paranormal.
Once I'd told them my age one immediately replied, you might be an Indigo Child.
I had no idea what that was, shrugged it off, and kept about my daily life.

Let me skip a few years and get to the last few of my life,
When I was 14 I started attracting negative energies.
Have you heard the saying, 'Stare into the Abyss long enough, and the Abyss will stare right back at you.'
Well, it is true. I was interested in Ouija boards and was surfing many obscure dark-art sites,
simply because I was curious and wanted to know.

After awhile I could feel a negative energy in my room.
When I'd walk in the room would be swimming with dark energy.
I could literally see it.
At night I would become too frightened of the frantic vibrations I'd leave the lamp on.
One time I was lying on my bed and was looking at the wall thru the reflection of my mirror.
Suddenly I started seeing objects form on the mirror.
It was a cloaked figure outside of a cave, gnashing at an animal.
It would kneel down and rip out the throat of it,
then bow once again and start dragging it with it's teeth towards the cave.
I knew the cave was an entry to Hell. Don't ask how, I just knew at the time.

This didn't frighten me much. Actually I went and got my mum so she could see it,
she walked into my room and couldn't see a thing. I hadn't known at the time that I was the only person seeing such things.
I'd honestly thought that everybody could see the static and energies in the air until around 4 months ago.

CONTINUED NEXT POST >

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join