It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Changing Our DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
We're all pieces of the sun after all. Every atomic nuclei (except those that have travelled interstellar distances) - and including particles that make up our bodies - were at one time emitted from the solar centre.

I tend to the view that subatomic particles (inc.those that construct molecules of genetic material) have a kind of "memory" along the lines proposed in the holographic universe model by scientists such as Alain Aspect:

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Yup, the reason distance is no problem at all for them, is because they are actually all connected with invisible ether. Connected "wirelessly".

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
yes we are changing

our "shadow" DNA is being activated

the earth,sun,galaxy,universe and our space friends are all making it so

lots of info on this site to help you...
www.moveonnewzealand.co.nz...

this series will hep you as well

www.youtube.com...

take care,much love to all of you

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

ozweatherman, even if his name and avatar seriously freak me out, has got it right. you're reasoning there is totally screwy. how exactly do you link these? we don't get most of the radiation from the sun, if I've been told correctly.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I DON'T THINK THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IT. WAHT ABOUT ELECTROMAGNETIC, LOW FREQUECNY COMING FROM OUR CELL PHONE TOWERS AND WHATEVER ELSE OUR GOV'T IS PUTTING OUT THERE.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Do this, and it is so:

Tune a radio in the day, and you will not get the best reception. Tune it at night, and it sounds just right.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Everything in our environment changes our DNA. Well, technically, our DNA changes to adapt to the ever changing, dynamic environment in which we live. It changes to adapt to the sun, the food we eat, the air we breath, the contaminates we absorb, etc... So, yes, you are correct, but this isn't groundbreaking news...this has been known to science for quite sometime now.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi all. Well Im undecided and I dont believe anything in this planet but I have a million suspicions. I either know or I dont. Belief is trust and I dont trust a lot of sources cause facts change too.

I like the sound of the OP but I dont know the science and I'l never claim its rubbish or true just to make myself look 'better than thou'.

What I do know for facts is if the sun wasnt there neither would our solar system be there... hence neither would we be here... so thinking simply along those lines [no science facts in my mind] it sounds plausible. If the sun wasnt there would life have evolved on this planet? ..oops... no.. cause there would be no earth.

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by mrbooms
apparently we are supposed to be evolving into a species with a new extra strand of dna, so ive heard.

And if you believe this, you're a fool.

I have heard this also but Johnmike can you point me to some links that prove that is rubbish? is that even possible to PROVE rubbish? life forms do evolute - FACT - so... why CANT the sun have anything to do with evolution?

The sun [Im reading] changes its chemistry in '7' cycles of burning.. basically in short [it says here] its a conversion of 554 million tons of Hydrogen into 550 million tons of helium...... is that right? if not Im binning this book. lol

Surely all this sun activity must affect all life on earth?

I can imagine if we lived underground in caves with no sun our features would change over thousand of years... and if our features change isnt it because our DNA changed? so in that respect still.. the LACK of sun caused an evolution... or even devolution.. or is 'adaption' a better word for evolution?

Peace..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think you´ll find that there are lots of things which influence the possible change in our DNA, the sun is probably just the energy source, the information is most likely changed by our bodies in the experience they gain.

Wildly claiming things to be "FACT", especially things we hardly know anything about is rather silly imo.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2
I have heard this also but Johnmike can you point me to some links that prove that is rubbish? is that even possible to PROVE rubbish? life forms do evolute - FACT - so... why CANT the sun have anything to do with evolution?

I can point you to links that say anything, but I'm talking about real science I know.
What I said was rubbish was the extra DNA strand stuff. Human DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is a linear and double stranded, in a double helix that we're so familiar with. It's simply a big molecule. It wouldn't structurally support some kind of triple-helix and the enzymes your body uses to manipulate it (that is, copying, transcribing to RNA, and so on) wouldn't work properly.

Now, we're talking EM radiation. That damages DNA by knocking out one its nucleotides. These nucleotides are kind of like...the data of your DNA, and their order and composition is important (they're the code for protein synthesis). By knocking one out, it can be deleted, replaced, and so on, damaging your genetic code. Some kinds of mutations are worse than others.

The sun [Im reading] changes its chemistry in '7' cycles of burning.. basically in short [it says here] its a conversion of 554 million tons of Hydrogen into 550 million tons of helium...... is that right?

I don't know about the quantity, but converting hydrogen to helium is nuclear fusion, which the sun does.

Surely all this sun activity must affect all life on earth?

Yeah, plants seem to like it.

I can imagine if we lived underground in caves with no sun our features would change over thousand of years... and if our features change isnt it because our DNA changed? so in that respect still.. the LACK of sun caused an evolution... or even devolution.. or is 'adaption' a better word for evolution?

"Evolution" is really just a blanket term for an organism adapting to better survive in its environment. The way natural selection is theorized to work is that random mutations and genetic drift give some different organism a survival advantage. It's a random and gradual thing we have trouble pinpointing.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think it would be the neutrinos that are changing us. THey are some of the smallest particles and bagillions hitting us per second.

Theyve got that large detector underground studying it now.

things change from the ground up......or the quantum world up.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
oh so very interesting, how did I just find you guys, oh yeah, a good friend. I was doing some internet diving on this subject and stumbled on to this..

carcin.oxfordjournals.org...

there are a few others but hard to post.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ponderful]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Fascinating you would say that AllisOne. I have a really nice set of rabbit ears on my telly. I must adjust it regulary to bring in broadcast. This is new. I could leave it wall strung with no problem previously.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe my DNA has been changed by my cellphone,which has strong electromagnetic radiation.

Cellphone,as well as the sun ,is the father of our evolution.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by nanoha]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
These nucleotides are kind of like...the data of your DNA, and their order and composition is important (they're the code for protein synthesis).

I think I may have left something in question about my first post about epigenetics...I simply forgot an important point & this particular quote by Johnmike reminded me.

As certain molecules attach (temporarily) to particular strands of nucleotides in the DNA, they don't make any change in the DNA structure at all...All they do is make the nucleotides either start or stop producing the specific proteins that the particular strand manufactures. It's this alteration in the precise proteins manufactured that gets passed down through the gametes & hence through the generations.

Any real change in the DNA structure itself results in the "end product" to be something else entirely...A new species. This is what differentiates homo sapiens from our evolutionary ancestors, like the cro-magnons, neanderthals & others species. In short, epigenetics doesn't really cause any real mutations, per se, but its what allows a lifeform to more easily adapt to the environment.

However, the DNA code already contains a vast plethora of genetic traits that only activate when any particular lifeform needs to adapt. For example, if homo sapiens has no genetic code to allow for obesity, then we would have no means to store extra fat in order to adapt to times of starvation...Those lifeforms that cannot store fat will be more likely to perish (thereby being removed from the genepool).

True mutations are extremely rare...This is why it can take hundreds-of-thousands of years for any particular species of hominids to "evolve" into a new species of hominid. But mutation can be attributed to the occasional "copying errors" that occur when gametes combine to re-assemble an entire DNA strand & reproduce through cell reproduction.

This is why radiation therapy to treat cancers so rarely cause any mutation on a person's gametes...Because the human reproductive system is rarely targeted directly during treatment. Even then, the patient would have to try to reproduce while gametes are still "irradiated." After all, gametes don't survive very long...The body constantly produces new gametes all the time & the "window of opportunity" to reproduce with irradiated gametes is short.

I'm not saying that "copying errors" are the only cause of mutation...Only that it's one factor in mutation.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Yes OP you are right, the term for it is cancer and most commonly if not always skin cancer.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
As certain molecules attach (temporarily) to particular strands of nucleotides in the DNA, they don't make any change in the DNA structure at all...All they do is make the nucleotides either start or stop producing the specific proteins that the particular strand manufactures. It's this alteration in the precise proteins manufactured that gets passed down through the gametes & hence through the generations.

This is about as far as I am in genetics at the moment. Are you talking about promoter regions?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ok the cellphone thing is complete myth..

your lamp generates more EM waves than your cellphone. Even your computer screen generates more EM waves.

All radiation cause DNA mutations but, not really much of them, almost none acualy. And like I said the mutations are usualy fixed or are not that dangerous. Sun has big EM output, and it's radiation can penetrate the skin so it can cause a cancer. But you CAN still get cancer or mutations without being in the sun cause you will always recive some radiation.

DNA mutations are not rare like many of you seem to think many of them happen in every human every day.

The process happens cause the radiation knocks some parts of the DNA chain out or change some parts of it. Like said it happens everyday and rarely leads to or anything serious, but if you are in the sun alot and don't eat the vital foods then you have pretty good chance to get a cancer, or some other kind of cell malfunctions.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I actually have to argue with this statement as a magnetic field is not created by a photon, but by the a) natural alignment of polarized atomic structures I.E. "permanent magnets" or by b) the movement of an electron through a given medium (usually copper wire or other such) as demonstrated in Ferreday's laws of electromagnetics. Protons due however have the precarious privileged of existing in either an energy and an atomic state as witnessed in a few experiments where a photon was actually able to be stopped for a fraction of a second. This further demonstrated by the fact that the speed of light is indeed NOT constant but actually varies depending upon the medium through which it travels. At any rate, I am getting into a rant which was not my intention so I close with a salutations.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
ok the cellphone thing is complete myth..

your lamp generates more EM waves than your cellphone. Even your computer screen generates more EM waves.

Wow I don't think you know what you are talking about. Since when does a lamp generate a radio frequency to communicate? Since when do you hold a lamp or computer screen to your head/ear?

Damn, you would think the FCC would disallow computer screens and lamps for emitting RADIO WAVES more powerful than cellphones!

Are you trying to tell me that cell phone towers can detect my lamps and computer screens from miles away? hmm.... don't think so.

Also, the Sun is emitting frequencies of radiation that are currently undetected by human made devices.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by ALLis0NE]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join