It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Changing Our DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hmm isn't this pretty basic information?

Sun and it's radiation damages DNA, if your repoductive system is damaged your kids will have a mutation in all cells of the damaged DNA... Sun also causes normal mutations in DNA (cells) your body can usualy fix them though.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
First off, very interesting! =)
Since this seems to have a lot to do with ions, radiation, and the such, do you think that maybe the HAARP facility in Alaska may effect this at all? Currently I am doing a research paper on HAARP, and trust me, I have seen every crazy theory... do you believe that maybe it can affect our DNA replication as well?
Thanx

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A research paper for what?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
This is FACT. Ok?

dasss rite son.

visit this link for more info on the chane

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally don't consider the "sun" as our "father"..
I'd consider the Big Bang (one of many in an infinite bouncing process) our Father, and the Sun, one of "his/her/it's" trillions of Sons.
and for flavor I like to tell christians that the total mass conciousness of all as one.. "whole" .. "wholey... spirit" wink wink nudge nudge saynomore.

this is direct comprehension of the christian trinity, no not happy fuzzy characters in a book.. but this exact description.
so sue me.

good post. glad to see more people realizing this.

the photon belt.. the thicker area of the center of the galactic disc, affects us MORE.. um.. when we're IN IT .. as opposed to 13,000 years ago, when we were NOT "in" it...
the solar system "bobs".. up and down through the photon band .. galactic disc's center.. every 26,000 (rounding up a few hundredthink its something like 25,876 yrs..) ..years
more electromagnetic activity... less electromagnetic activity.. more .... less..

near......

far!...

simple as sesame street.

tough for skeptics though.

-

[edit on 30-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Then who created DNA? Answer that question and you will know who our TRUE "father" is.

I would love to know the answer to this one.

Do you know?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes all hail Ra.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

i saw this episode . . . Outer Limits right?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Good Call.

Yes it was Outer Limits.

Their DNA was changed by a message broadcast to Earth because the Sun changed its spectrum or something like that.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Hmm never seen that show, but I will watch it now to see if it's hinting something at me. Ever since I decided to turn my t.v. into my computer screen I don't watch much t.v. and it changed me.

Thanks.

Also, when I say father, I meant it like your actual birth father.

Just like your parents are you mother and father, the Sun is the father too.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I used to be a sun lover. I baked. I swam. When I didn't look like a fat german in speedo. I have noticed changes in the sun. I am also incredibly photosensitive (last two years). It hurts my eyes. I know physical anomalies could explain this. But it is the truth. In my little back 40.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well....as far as butterflys go, when they are in a cocoon, they break down entirely into amino acids. Then, due to the sun they turn into a butterfly....The sun is the bringer of life

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I beleive you skipped a word sir, it said Damaging DNA. Last time i checked, Damaging DNA wasnt a good thing. And evolving (for the most part) doesnt involve the Damaging of anything.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by TornPages]

[edit on 31-5-2008 by TornPages]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TornPages

Geez, do any of you READ?

I never said anything about it being only "good". I just said "changing".

But, other than that, you are letting words mislead you. The only reason they say "damage" is because they are talking about radiation "therapy" which is designed to supposidly "kill" cancer's and stuff. You really don't kill cancer, you just change it from 0ne to an 0ther type of energy. So it doesn't techincaly "damage" it just changes.

Because energy can not be created or destroyed. Energy is immortal.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Geez, do any of you READ?

Yeah. We just think you have no idea what you're talking about.

The only reason they say "damage" is because they are talking about radiation "therapy" which is designed to supposidly "kill" cancer's and stuff.

Supposidly "kill" cancer's and stuff. Right.
Do you even have a goddamn clue what cancer is or how radiation therapy works?

You really don't kill cancer, you just change it from 0ne to an 0ther type of energy.

Oh really, doctor, you don't kill cancer? You change it to another type of energy.

I could go on about that statement's incredulous stupidity, but simply recognizing it will suffice.

So it doesn't techincaly "damage" it just changes.

Yes, it does damage DNA. Damaging DNA is not good. Damaging cells is not good. You don't change, you die.

Because energy can not be created or destroyed. Energy is immortal.

Thanks. That really made sense, talking about something that is dependent on molecular structure as energy.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
If your theory were correct, wouldn't we see lines of people at the radiation clinic's hoping to get some new and improved DNA?

From what I understand of epigenetics (some links listed below), it seems that this would be the stronger link to gradual evolution than radiation . Epigenetics, in a nutshell, act as a "bridge" between the "nature vs. nurture" in our DNA. As changes in the environment makes slight alterations in our bio-chemistry (mostly through long-term exposure to severe weather, our diet, allergens, etc.), some of the those molecules get into our bodies & will bond to certain specific chains in the DNA, causing related changes in how our bodies react to the environmental stimulus...Which in turn affects our gametes. If such minute changes remain consistant over the passing of generations, those epigenetics that promote survival eventually make permanent changes in the DNA itself.

For example, a man of about 20 years old (or woman about 30) suffers severe hunger due to poor crop-yield in the community...Especially if the community is isolated enough that importing food is not a viable option. Even if the crop yields improve over the next couple of years & stay consistently good through the next few generations, the grandchildren of those who nearly starved may show physical signs of malnutrition even though the grandchildren had plenty of available food.

In a related manner, the phrase that "talent usually skips a generation" comes true quite frequently.

The promised links:
From ATS--
Epigenetics
The Evolution Current Event Thread
Plus several other threads...
Ghost in Your Genes: I saw this one when it was broadcast on TV.

BioMol International, Inc.
Wikipedia: Epigenetics
Just a quick Google Search on epigenetics will list over 500,000 links...

Overall, the normal background radiation of our planet & solar radiation that gets through our atmospheric filters would have less of an effect (I'm not saying no effect, merely a lesser effect) on evolution than does our immediate environment.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Excellent post.

Your are very knowledgeable sir.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I should add, everything on Earth is alive. So we all change DNA together.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow, interesting.

So if our star had a diffeent constitution, being from a diferent generation of stars, emmiting different spectrums, living beings on Earth, on the long run, would have DNA, different from today's living beings.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well the sun could quite possibly change DNA, think about where we'd be if we had no sun, its vital to our survival, people in different regions of the planet that get different aspects of sun are all different, they're DNA is still human DNA, but they've adapted to changes, which kinda makes me think that the sun plays a big role in that givin how long we been around on the planet here...

just speculations... bah

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

When talking about the sun, the most probable suspect is ultraviolet radiation.

I do believe that the sun can cause changes within our DNA...it's called skin cancer.

Just wear a sunscreen with a high SPF when outdoors and you and your DNA should be o.k.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join