It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists Will Destroy ATS

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by riley

I am wondering why you bothered bumping this thread just to have a go at the OP though.. we've just tried to let sleeping dogs lie.

I believe I can answer that.

I made a post supporting his position on this thread. He got curious about this support from a declared non-Christian, went looking to find out more about me, found this thread and felt he just had to express his feelings about it.

Am I right, SaintlyMic?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Astyanax]

Nope.
Completely wrong.
If you read my posts you would see I found this thread from the Off-Topic General Discussion and Debate section advertised by ATS.
I in no way posted here after talking to someone else.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And, I did not even remember you being in another thread until you pointed it out.
Thank you for standing by my side in that other thread.

Here are the two posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaintlyMic
Please do not feel bad or sad.
I would not like anyone to feel that way.

Oh it's ok. lol I'm over it for the most part. I just wanted to answer your previous question. It's just hard to feel welcomed here after you have been singled out, accused of destroying the board (when you feel like you are a good, intelligent contributer), see massive amounts of agreement (from people who likely couldn't give a single example of evidence), then having action taken against you. It was hurtful and you never really feel like you belong here after something like that.

But I'm a pest so I stick around out of spite.

I kid, I kid.
I genuinely do love ATS and the members here. You just have to avoid the bad eggs.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to publicly say that I find AshleyD to be one of the most intelligent and articulate members on the board, I think that every Christian on the board (I am one) appreciates her informative and well researched posts.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
edited out to avoid history repeating.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by riley]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
*edited:... Control Z.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Anytime I have written about Christian beliefs on other forums I am usually attacked by Christians defending their faith and its cultures, for that reason, in a horribly subliminal manner, most of them don't reply directly, but mark you as BAD, the results speak for themselves .

My Great Grandfather was a Protestant religion person, I am of no 'faith'.
I believe in the afterlife due to my own experiences which has NOTHING to do with ANY religious rubbish spouted anywhere.

My Great Grandfather was murdered by 'Christians', because he was of the Protestant faith and he got a job, and they didn't.

I hate religion, unless it is the only thing in life that gives some people a meaningful existance, and they are beneficial to others in what they do.

I think man made 'Religion' has nothing to do with the actuallity of what is happening, as per witnesses. It was only constructed to control the masses.

I don't know if there are any scientific alternatives to what I have experienced, but the religious crowd, are vomituous in their recitals.

3 times I have been witness to something extraordinary.

I would be an idiot to deny something beyond human understanding was at hand.

Instance 1.
I became aware of vocalisations and investigated the locale, I found nothing. The sounds were coming from where I was standing near, nothing was visible, no persons.

Instance 2.
I saw a large silver disc fly over myelf, no sound, no lights, and fade into the atmospheric haze on the horizon.

Instance 3.
I was aware of a friends passing while I was more than 100km away.

Non of it provable due to, I can't turn time back so you can see it, and no-one else was there, doesn't that suck.

Backing off a little, I see a lot of people that don't have a lot of knowledge in many matters making questions and statements, no fault there, that is many and including myself occasionally.

I really think religion is all about, 'we think the same as you, come join us.' club.

Then I get to the, why are all the girls and boys in Christian countries Christian, and why are all the girls and boys in Muslim countires muslim, the answer is, their parents, and what is acceptable in the current social environment in their locale.
And THAT is the ONLY reason, with great exceptions. Their may be the occasional exception, which is usually someone that has stopped to think, (How rare is that) about it all, based on their own experiences, and NOT what was dictated to them in some sermon or lecture.

Edit,

A friend of mine visited a Christian Cathedral in order to admire the lead light glass works on the building, he was instantly set upon by some priest, who told him to leave, (as he had long hair?), his type was not welcome here.

For F&^#'S sake, with a bunch of pedophile priests in their midsts and poofta's and lesbian's turning up everywhere in their choir training, what goes here?

Just a small problem, but hey, the other religions haven't admitted to any of that, at all.

I like to ask religious people of their own experiences, that they feel are, special. Why, what happened, just like in my own.

Any takers, I only like to blether, really.

Please don't come in quoting scripture, give me your OWN what happened.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by NotDeadYet]

[edit on 18-2-2009 by NotDeadYet]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NotDeadYet

Thank you for reviving this ancient and notorious thread.

I thought your post was amazing: I don't know where you've been or what you've done or who you are to the people who know you, but I think you have seen clearly and understood what you have seen.

All religious share the same vices as Roman Catholicism. There are sundry ancient jokes in my part of the world featuring an elderly, venerable Buddhist monk and a young acolyte. And the intolerance of priests - of any faith - is a byword. But remember, these are not the vices of religions. They are the vices of men and they are not confined to monks and ostensibly celibate priests.

Consider this saving grace: recall that though homophobia isn't universal, it's a fairly widespread phenomenon around the world. In many cultures it was - in some, still is - potentially fatal to be queer. But in many of these same cultures there was one refuge for men who loved other men, and often also for women who loved other women: the monastic life, or a celibate priesthood, or a Vestal virgin's gown, or, well... you know.

The fact that these institutions provide a haven for homosexuals is no discredit to them, really. On the contrary, it redounds to their credit; one of the few things that does. I'll tell you what disturbs me most: it's this business of celibate - ahem - priests and monks presuming to advise married folk on how to live their lives, and on sexual morality. That horny humanity - or, at least, vast blushing and quivering swathes of it - chooses to put itself at least partly under the instruction of those who profess total sexual abstinence astounds me. I suppose it shows how much humanity fears the power of its own sexuality.

Rightly, I might add.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Even you....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

I think people who believe aliens seeded the earth are wrong but I see no reason to ridicule them, attack them personally, and certainly see no reason to create a thread accusing them of ruining ATS or asking for mod intervention to silence them like you have done in this thread. Your bias is showing, Astyanax. This thread is nothing but you trying to silence alternative views by seeking staff intervention via sensationialism.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by AshleyD]

Hi there:

I'm just smiling here while reading these posts; and I hope that doesn't make me crazy. It can be so easy for people to get riled up, but Love is what truly is important here.

I just wanted to point out a couple of things here, 'from scripture', and I sure hope you or the evolutionists (Darwinists), or any intellectuals don't mind. First things is first... Certain scripture can be supportive of alien life.

Definition of an alien(s): From the Merriam-Webster's online dictionary...

(1) (a) Belonging or relating to another person, place or thing:Strange (b) relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government: Foreign. (c) Exotic.
(2) Differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility.

Secondly, here are a few biblical verses that support this definition of alien:

1) JOHN 8:23 NKJ
23 And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

JOHN 8:42 NKJ
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.

2) JOHN 18:36
Jesus said, "My kingdom does not belong to this world. If it belonged to this world, then my servants would fight so that I would not be given to the Jewish leaders. But my kingdom is from another place."

3) GENESIS 6:2
2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

I find these verses interesting, and I know God is real.

I believe in a God (Jesus;Jehovah;Creator;Almighty), and I understand the 'frame of mind' of a evolutionist, theist, atheist, intelligent theorist, etc. That being said, it is not hard for me to look around myself, to observe science, to look in the sky and at the stars, and to add 2+2 together. I have a fairly high IQ and EQ. An omnipotent, omniscent, and omnipresent God (a creator of everything from nothing, which is everywhere at all times, and forever will exist) does truly exist. It's not hard to figure that out, and it never will be. As for angels and aliens --> they too exist in this/these complex cosmological multidimensional universe(s); and that too isn't very hard to figure out. It's built in all of us to know this.

So, I hope you all figure these truths out, and then I hope you all can kiss and make up. Love is important. Hate is the opposite of Love, and it is not important. I realize equlibrium has to exist, but hatred, fear, evil, and corruption doesn't really have to exist once realized.

Don't worry about Darwin's theory of evolution... His brain was just evolving!

Peace! and,

God Bless!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by onehappyangel

You forgot John 10:16: 'And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold.'

Makes sense.

Scientists tells us the universe could contain as many as 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Earthlike planets. There could be intelligent life on most of them and on many other kinds of planet too.

Christians tell us all Creation is fallen and has to be redeemed.

So perhaps Jesus has to be crucified (or the local equivalent), die and rise again on every single one of those planets before Creation is redeemed.

Poor guy. Makes you feel almost sorry for God.

But there you go, Bible-bashers. That's why your long and lubriciously-awaited Judgement is taking so long coming. Still, don't worry, there are only a few hundred billion crucifixions left to go...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I agree with most of your suppositions. Your conclusions are good but there are greater concerns. No open forum can exist without these kinds of behavior. The problem is not these groups (of creationist?) although I give you that, as good way to get some people to put eyes to your thread. (not sign of bigotry yet) I will assume you would agree they could post anything on topic from their point of view. As far as Pure science goes I think we can all agree that a pure science mind may need a moral compass sometimes. This doesn't mean that creationist should have that job or any other group it is problem for all. All voices need to heard even the crazy fringe. One voice silenced diminishes us all. So it would appear natural evolution of the board will cause it downfall if something isn't done. I do not have a solution but do have some ideas.
1.Nobody should be held for what others say just because you agree on the broader topic.
2.Make people state in each post and /or profile their area of experience or concern
3.No pretending to be from the opposite group to make them look bad
4.Star and flag system where people only from your group get to star and flag you or from the topics group. (sometimes the crazy fringe is right)
5.To many alerts from your own group you get removed.
6.A filter system where if I don't want to hear from your group then zap problem solved.
7.Humor, sarcastic or irrelevance flag and filter too
8.If you want it be taken as a joke you must flag it. (some people just won't get the joke) If not you will be held responsible.
9.Overwhelming crushing peer pressure to act right from all groups.
10.Troll away all you like
11.If your group gets taken over by another then mods can help.
12.If you want to post as professional give us verifiable proof of who you are.
13. Vote system to vote the voices of cross communication the greatest of stars. (someone who stays true their beliefs and is actually wanted in other forums)
Yea, needs work and I am a moron but please some more ideas.
P. S. only fair that I walk the walk.

Area of concern/expertise Spirituality (now that is hard to claim but others have put me there)
No papers just a novice on the path.

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join