It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationists Will Destroy ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

"You've managed to denegrate Christians as a whole or any one who might have faith in a superior being. " I said "any one" here!!! Not only christians!

Did you realy read what I said or just post to defend your "consensus"??
I can think of at least three other beliefs of supreme beings that are not christian. Lets see now...First Nations.(thats indians to you)....Buddists...Muslims.... Most South American tribes that have not been converted to christianity yet.(and they shouldn't) After 50 years of studying most of the words religions, I have come to my conclusions through research, not a knee jerk finding of whats said in the papers. You might try that yourself. You might enlighten yourself beyond belief!

Zindo

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

So is ATS just a science class room now? Just pure science allowed. OK throw out all UFO threads too.

I thought it was an open forum were poeple of different views could debate without fear of oppression. This thread says that people of one view point will ruin the entire site. Sounds like pure bigotry to me

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

No, I was mainly talking about the Christians....the Buddhists, Muslims and Jews actually have a better grasp on the whole picture than Christians do. There is definitly a supreme bieng..so once again, how do you surmise anything out of what I've said to be an attack towards anyone that believes in a "god"? And once again, you have twisted what I have said around. I'm sorry if I have offended you personally. You act as though I have. No offense was intended. This argument with you is over.

First Nations(that's indains to you)
And its funny how, here, you automatically place me at an intelligence level below you by assuming I don't know what the First Nation is. I believe I have given you nothing but respect in talking to you. I expect respect in return...

[edit on 5/30/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Uhmm.. Nope... There is ignorancedenied.com for that.

As a matter of fact I was only commenting on the school systems in Europe. Not anything else, so don't take my words out of context. You can go ahead and discuss evolution and creationism in this forum which is made especially for it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Sorry man,, I'm known for curmugeoness, and today it seems its comming out more than usual. I think you lumping me in with Scientology got me started. I do appologize, but I have a deep abiding hatred for Hubbard and what he's done to people,

Zindo

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
this thread is meant to discuss creationists destroying ATS, not personal issues between two members so let's keep the he said, she said out of it.

thanks.

This needs to be repeated.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
y'all want to heed my stick to the topic post which bandit reposted above.

thanks

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
nevermind....good ol steve is right...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

hey, how about you stick to the topic instead of continuously attacking me??? Mods??

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Christians are the main ones ranting and raving in this thread...
Again putting 2 cents in where it is not needed.

I never mentioned Christians since that wasn't the topic. The only group I spoke of was Creationists. I don't know why you would try to change the subject. This is sort of a deflect and distract tactic isn't it? Go back and read my post and point out where I mentioned Christians because I don't see it.

Are you implying that only Christians are Creationists?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You didn't say Christians....I did. And I don't recall saying that you said that.

And yes, Christians are considered a sub group of Creationists.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

hey, how about you stick to the topic instead of continuously attacking me??? Mods??

I was pointing out the irony in that the very act of accusing creationists of being close-minded is and of itself an example of close-mindedness. I.e, the very nature of the complaint made by the OP is an example of what the OP is complaining about.

I regret if my statement in any way may have offended you, or if they made you feel like I was trying to make a fool out of you for pointing out the internal hypocrisy in your arguments. This was in no way my intention.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I never said "Creationists" were closed minded...I said Christians were...man, people sure do like putting words in my mouth. I myself believe in a supreme conciousness....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I just thought it was unfair to lump everyone that believes in Creationism as Christians. Muslims believe the same as do many who don't subscribe to any organized religion. Creationism is a broad umbrella that simply imples that a divine entity created the universe. You could believe it was Zuess or Apollo and still be a Creationist.

This goes the other way as well. The belief in evolution does not make one an athiest. In all reality, evolution only deals with what comes after the creation. It doesn't touch on creation itself. Evolution is more of an Earth specific topic.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Let me ask you something, Mad Hatter. How would you have handled a thread complaining about silencing a view you held? There have been many threads about silencing one particular group since I have been a member here and in any any case it is wrong. Opposing and alternative views are what make this place interesting. None of them should be silenced except for obvious exceptions like illegal activities.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Great thread OP. I totally agree with what you're saying.

If creationists would allow someone to take an opposing view during discussions, it would make it so much more tolerable. Unfortunately though, healthy debate is impossible because alot of them start on the condemnation and judgment route - ironically - two fundamental 'policies' that the bible teaches is wrong. Not only that, anyone engaging in debate with them, is shut down with a 'you're wrong' kind of attitude.

There are some whacky people on ATS, but even though I don't subscribe to their theories, I respect their beliefs, as I hope they would mine.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You're right. I was just mentioning Christians as an assumption or an example. I was wrong to use them as an example. But in my experience, Christians are always the main people that have tried to force their religion on me or anyone else I know. You don't see Buddhists, or Jews, or Muslims with their own TV channels and going door to door asking you if you've been saved by Jesus or you're going to hell. Yes I have had a 6 year old Christian girl come to my door and ask me if I know Jesus Christ. And then tell me I will burn in hell when I asked her where she thought I would go if I died today.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that Christians are one of the only groups that will sink low enough to capitalize off of peoples faith. I may be wrong about that but I personally have not seen it in any other religion except scientology.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join