It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myanmar blasts aid donors for not giving more

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Myanmar blasts aid donors for not giving more

news.yahoo.com

The Myanma Ahlin newspaper, a government mouthpiece, said cyclone victims from the hardest-hit areas could get by without foreign handouts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
They have refused help from the U.S.
And now they complain?!? WTH!!
Calling America Stingy? Lol
What a joke of a Country Myanmar "Burma"

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I will make this two lines:

Beggars can't be choosers

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

ROFL.. So true.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My Personal Opinion

Why do you care Lantian I thought your kind didn't interfere in the affairs of the non ascended huh? not even defending or helping against the Ori!!

LOL

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

so on one hand they refuse to let in any aid and aid workers (only a smallnumber been allowed) then they have the berve to come out with these comments.

what a bunch of ungratefull SOBS

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
My Personal Opinion

Why do you care Lantian I thought your kind didn't interfere in the affairs of the non ascended huh? not even defending or helping against the Ori!!

LOL

I never did follow the rules..

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Absolutely!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
To quote a soon to be...

Head shorter Marie Antoinette (who actually never said it)...

"Let them eat cake..."

Seriously... People speak of a Karma issue with China... The Myanmar government has had it's Karma repossessed for non-payment in the currency of human decency...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Where, other than the MSM has it been documented Burma has refused USA aid or other western countries? Just curiuous?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It has been in a few others..

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

here are a few

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.theworld.org.../18056
www.abc.net.au...
news.yahoo.com...

www.google.co.uk...
google loads of pages come up

they blocked Visas and aid from being deliverd and when they did it was select few and most the time it was like a photo opertunity for the countries that got through.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You beat me to it..lol.

I was just going to edit and post the links.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
what a bunch of ungratefull SOBS

Good sentiment... But reading this I feel it gets worse.

State-run media criticized donors for only pledging up to $150 million — a far cry from the $11 billion the junta said it needed to rebuild.

Now what would $11 billion get you?? Hmmm, well even if they did the sensible thing with it and invested it in infrastructure that would be a huge foot up for them. You could only imagine what any country might end up doing with a windfall that large.

At first I thought the Junta were simply letting the situation develop so as to take a big chunk out of the population (for whatever reason). Now I kind of see it as a cynical attempt the extort money at the expence of their own people

It's munchausen by proxy on a horrific and massive scale

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A serious upgrade for their Military maybe?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
you guys pretty much covered it. i was just going to say that it's hard to be compassionate and donate aid when you won't accept the aid you're already being offered. the first thing i thought of when i heard about it was "where can i donate? how can i help?" then they went on to say that they weren't accepting aid so i switched to a "f-'em" attitude.

burma: i wish the best for your citizens, but don't come crying to me because you aren't getting as much aid as you like. you did it to yourselves. i'm not the only one that gave up.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I thought the same thing when I read that story. They won't let anyone in, then complain about not getting enough. Screw 'em.

I do feel sorry for Joe Burma starving out in the boonies, tho. They are the ones getting the short end of the stick.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Thanks bodrul but I was looking for a response with non main stream media data. From one of the links you provided I found

The UN's World Food Program says its first relief flight has landed in Burma, carrying urgently needed supplies for survivors of last weekend's devastating cyclone.
A WFP chartered aircraft carrying UN relief supplies has landed in Yangon," WFP spokesman Paul Risley said.
"It was organised by the Italian foreign ministry and came in from Brindisi in Italy, bringing much-needed humanitarian assistance."

Thats more or less what I thought. Everyone jumps to conclusions that Burma is not accepting aid when in fact they are. I admit I have not looked into the matter much becuase frankly I have my own problems to worry about but I think we shouldn't take MSM word for it. Burma is entitled to accept or deny and aid they wish. But unless you are on the ground there you cannot say for sure that ppl in need are not being taken care of. I am not trying to be devisive, maybe I need to look into this further....to be continued.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I think you will find that what isnt being accepted is plane loads of media.

These people dont need their story told, they need food.

Whats the point of wasting space on a plane with idiot media who only wanna ask stupid questions. Like, "how does it feel to be starving with no home?"

CT

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
May 1, 2008

The United States is increasing sanctions on Burma. VOA White House correspondent Paula Wolfson reports the move is part of an effort to step up pressure on the Burmese military government.

U.S. President George Bush says he is expanding sanctions already in place, and will now freeze the American assets of state-owned companies in Burma.

"Today, I've issued a new executive order that instructs the Treasury Department to freeze the assets of Burmese state-owned companies that are major sources of funds that prop up the junta," said President Bush.

Last year, the president announced his intention to tighten sanctions on Burma following a crackdown on dissent.

Source

Maybe this will help shed a new light on the subject.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join