It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Picture Of White Object In Distance!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Not sure how fresh this is-
but there is a white object, unknown, in the distance in a recent transmitted
picture...

I believe thejury is stillout onwhat it is...

Any speculation?

TPM

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nobody knows what it is, but you can be assured they will come up with a great one like ...oooops, that's ours! We left it there.
Nothing to see
Move along.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Is there a hi def pic of this thing? I believe i think (i'm pretty positive about that bit) i know what is in question but i only saw it low def and it was pretty much as vague as it comes

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

Hi HDF, with what I can see of an enlarged photo this so called white object looks to me like a reflection off an object from the Sun. The object I describe of being geometric with three sides showing. The top of the object is horizontal to the surface and the other two sides tapper inward going toward the surface. In other words it is like a rectangle standing vertically with the two longer sides pushed in slightly equal distance from each other at the bottom. Since this object is turned slightly to the right facing us it shows one of the sides that looks like it is narrow and rectangular in shape. The Sun is shinning onto the left side of object's narrow rectangular thick surface and the object reflecting the Sun light is therefore giving the appearance of being white. Rik Riley

[edit on 28-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Where are the pics?
Thats all really, just have type this out my question is to short

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
here you go here is a BIG story about the "thing" go here and see latest info SOURCE : wesh.com

www.wesh.com...

its been on the radio alot today also..big news around the country and such. Mysterious Images Emerge From Mars (headline)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I've tried to keep my nose out, but...
What now? the Martians set out their existence so
that it's totally based on stealth?
Strange buildings that can interpreted as dunes,
twisted rocks that 'double' as stautes when we're not
looking?

It's a barren planet guys, why does everything about
aliens, planets and flying saucers have to be hidden,
mysterious or fuzzy?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
what if its just ice?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There is already a thread about this that has been pretty much discussed to death. Also, in my opinion it has already been explained by the member Internos in his postings.

If you look at the pictures and info he's posted. It's pretty logical that it's either the parachute or the heat shield. Check out the thread please.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

Zarlann

I take your point well- I will read that other thread
that I did not know about...

But I think we may be getting contect.... through our TV sets.

That thing may be monolithic... 2001 style.

Anyone agree?

HDF

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I agree and I will look at the other thread...

BUT

I think this may be a monolith.... 2001 style....

Was Arthur C Clarke a prophet?
\\

doubt it came from us...

HDF

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, can never be too sure, I guess. Though, just about how long would it take for that beast to get from the point of taking that picture...to the actual....whateverthehellitis?
I am hoping it isn't a big let down. If they actually found that it was maybe, water of some sorts....

orproofofalienlifeforms >.>

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This has already been covered, on another thread.....sorry!!

It is called 'strange image of new lander photo'

these should be merged, IMO.

[edit on 5/28/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan

There is already a thread about this that has been pretty much discussed to death. Also, in my opinion it has already been explained by the member Internos in his postings.

If you look at the pictures and info he's posted. It's pretty logical that it's either the parachute or the heat shield. Check out the thread please.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has already been discussed elsewhere on ATS...

but to respond to your post: No...it isn't the parachute/backshell assembly nor is it the heat shield. The picture taken of the landing site from the MRO in orbit shows the parachute & backshell landed due south of Phoenix and the heat shield fell south-south east of the landing site. That white streak / camera artifact / reflection / or whatever is almost directly due north of the Phoenix lander.

We'll know better what it is once they take high-res photos of that area. If it doesn't show up at all, then it was a camera/imaging artifact or data transmission loss. If it was a reflection, then the thing reflecting may be visible in the hi-res.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well, since this thread is still up....maybe SGIP will know this answer.

Why, on Mars, is there a "234East" longitude???

There is a prime meridian on Earth, of course....as well as on Mars. Earth has 360 degrees, from the prime Meridian...(hint, the PM runs straight through Greenwich, England) That's where we get GMT (Greenwich Mean Time.....that's the old term, though....it is now called UTC....Universal Coordinated Time.] Yes, I know, the letters don't match....because it's actually French, the "UTC" acronymn.....look it up, if you don't believe me!!!!

On Earth, we count 360 degrees in the full circle, from the PM....but is is broken down into 180 degrees East, and 180 degrees West Longitude.

At the Equator, every second of longitude is defined as one nautical mile....6080 feet. The 'knot' was originally defined differently, as a rope with knots tied in it, was let overboard, to guage the speed of the ship....but that was centuries ago.....we are much more precise today.

Back to Mars....about one-half the diameter of the Earth, so these measurements, at the Martian equator, won't jive with Earths, of course.

We will learn to adapt, just as we adjust from American to Metric measuring systems....

As to Mars.....why is the nomenclature so different, as pertains to longitude? Can anyone explain??

Earth has a Prime Meridian....0 degrees. We measure East and West from there, until we hit the antipode, the 180 degree Meridian.

Why are the co-ordinates on Mars different?? The Phoenix Lander is at, according to websites....68 degrees North. I understand that!! But, then it says, it's at Longitude 234 East. There is no similar point, on the Earth's surface, to corespond to "234 East".

Why does mars have a different co-ordinate system than Earth???

I've tried to look it up, but can't find an answer. Does someone on ATS know????

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I would like to point out that i came to the same conclusion (i'ts neither the Backshield+parachute not the Heatshield) after i had the chance to see the raw image with the degrees in its top.
IMHO, all that we can do now is to wait for the next photo.
Anyway, this is the present status of the 360° image:

And this is the object:

The problem is that it is NOT the Heat Shield, because in according to the analysis made so far by NASA, the Heat Shield should be located @ between 118/120 degrees (RED arrow) while the anomaly is located @ 357/358 ° (GREEN arrow).

[edit on 28/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, not one to contradict.....but do you know, for certain, which direction on the Compass Rose the Phoenix camera was pointing, when it took that picture???

Did, in fact, the Compass Rose in that earlier post actually align to the North Pole of Mars???

From what I have heard. Mars doesn't have a strong magnetic field, as we have on Earth.

I could be wrong....I am probably wrong....but, Internos.....you are more the scholar than I....please point out out my mistakes????

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Very intelligent question: people like you encourage the intelligent debate

No, it's not based on ABSOLUTE data, but on RELATIVE data.
Basically, i started from here:

The white dot that you see in this image is the dot that you can see at the bottom of the next image: Backshield + parachute (156/157/158 degrees)

And since the anomaly is located approx between 357 & 359 degrees

It's in the opposite direction, here's why i came to that conclusion.
But i can be absolutely wrong.

[edit on 28/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
But what about this....

looks very spherical and looks to me to
have a nice round shadow under it....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join