It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Picture Of White Object In Distance!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos....I very well understand the relative, as it pertains to the compass rose you provided.

Internos, if you understand navigation on Earth, then you understand the difference between Relative North, and Magnetic North....at least as it relates to the Northern Hemisphere.

For non-pilots....the magnetic pole of the Earth is not exactly located with the grid that we humans have arbitralily drawn on the Earth's surface, in order to help map it.

The Lat/Long grid that maps our planet is based on.....the Equator. That is 0 degrees latitude. Then, the imaginary longitudinal lines are 'drawn' up, and down, to the poles....the longitudinal axis of our planet's rotation.

(it is the average of our rotation, the precession is ignored)

The Prime Meridian, called 0 degrees, runs through Greenwich, England.

On Earth, we count West and East....but only up to 180 degrees, which is over in the Pacific Ocean....

I was wondering why, on Mars, the Phoenix lander is at 68 degrees North, and 234 degrees East. On Earth, 68 degrees North makes sense....but thereis no such thing as 234 degrees East, on Earth. Why are the Longitudinal co-ordinates different on Mars, as comapred to Earth??

That's my question.

Thanks....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nice work guys,

I really admire al the work you sometimes put in! Although I LIKE to believe otherwise, I am afraid my opinion is that it has to be a part of something earthly (probably the Phoenix itself). If it was something alien (build), it is not likely you don't see anything else in the picture like small buildings or roads.Also there no (visible) tracks of any living being. So my guess is: part of Phoeninx, but how i love to be proven wrong!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is NASA going to move the lander towards the object-
or avoid it?

Are there telescopic lenses on the camera to zoom in?

TPM

PS Is NASA not talking about this? Dismissing it?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

As you said, the Phoenix is a Lander, not a rover. It will not move from where it rests. Could this object be a part or remnant from one of the previously lost probes?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

The probe that was lost recently was on the south pole. This is the first and only Mars probe on the north pole I believe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Mar 17, 2008 ... Huge fountains of carbonated water once erupted on Mars, ... Water at the periphery of the geyser would have quickly frozen in the -70 °C ...

could be one of many random frozen geyser's.

sorce : space.newscientist.com...

water from below survice frozen and reflecting sun etc..

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's like some of the pictures of anomalies on the moon.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I couldn't find the pic either on Nasa or U of A site

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms

Not sure how fresh this is-
but there is a white object, unknown, in the distance in a recent transmitted
picture...

I believe thejury is stillout onwhat it is...

Any speculation?

TPM

many site in italy showed that it not an anomaly
attivissimo.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the link

Went to the Italian site... and I can't speak Italian
pr read it.

I suppose there is a one click way to translate something
(does babel fish translate sites?)

Can anyone summarize the point on that site?

Thanks

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I believe that the "relative angle" Internos was writing about was not what you seemed to describe. I'm not familiar with pilot-lingo, but what you described was what they teach in American grade school as "geographic" north, as opposed to "magnetic" north. I believe "relative" north is equivalent to "twelve o'clock", straight ahead.

As for 200-something degrees East, it may just be simply that NASA prefers a single (and mathematically typical) right-handed coordinate system. (Meaning, if you point your extended right thumb north, a positive angle follows the curl of your fingers away from your palm: east, when thinking of a sphere.) The label as "east" rather than "positive" is for our understanding.

A question, what made NASA/whoever decide what the prime meridian of Mars was, anyway? Interesting fact to know, I think.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by pondrthis]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why so many posts about mars rover pictures? No matter what, Nasa is not going to release anything that can be truely definitive and if they release it, its going to be blury and not proof of much. Compare it to the number of pictures of UFO's, but still a picture is not proof. Its just banter for those that are bored, I believe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

When I zoomed it in, it kind of looked like some kind of a white horse in a frontal position, perhaps a Unicorn.....but that's just me.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When Phoenix Lander was descending toward Mars an optical illusion makes Phoenix Lander with Parachute look as though it is above this huge crater but in actuality it is approx, 20 miles away. NASA/JPL also discussed an anomaly that they were not sure of what it was at the time of landing.

space.newscientist.com...

When you see the crater enlarge this particular photo and inside this crater I see a stealthed city with humanoid statues and structures. This city is very light in color near the canyon walls and darker in color toward bottom of canyon and can be vaguely seen by the naked eye. Turn your contrast and brightness down slightly and view from a dark room. Check out the canyon walls first and do not become impatient for it will take you a few minutes to focus your eyes to see these things. If you have a magnifying glass bend or stretch the image by holding the magnifier at an angle then you will start to see the anomalies more clearly.

I do believe Mars has a different visual frequency then we humans are used to seeing on Earth and our wave length of visible light range is some where between 400 nm and 700 nanometers. Some how I believe the photos we see are out of phase on Mars from the normal wavelengths we humans are used to seeing on Earth.

We as humans can see close to 180 degrees when it comes to field of vision. So lets be ultra conservative and say an average human can see within a field of vision of 120 degrees. Using the 120 degree angle of vision for humans that would equate to 576 megapexils. Given the full 180 degree range for humans that figure goes much higher. We humans are not like a still one frame at a time camera we are like a full motion video recorder but with eyes moving and shifting all the time. What I am trying to say although our sight is complex and an astounding creation our eye sight is limited. Rik Riley

[edit on 29-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

HD, the Lander, the Phoenix Lander, does not move. You are thinking of the rovers, Opportunity and Spirit.

Can anyone please answer my question about the Lat/Long grid on Mars, and why it is different than on Earth? This relates to the Moon, as well.

Yes, there is a 'Prime Meridian' on Mars....but, unlike on Earth, the Longitudinal meridians don't correspond. Can someone explain why? I've tried to research it, have gotten nowhere.

To refresh.....on Earth, there is the Prime Meridian, called 'zero' degrees, runs through Greenwich, England. This, because as the globe, our planet was bewing mapped, England tended ot have the high hand....even though Portugal was very sophisticated, as it came to naval navigation......they kept it pretty secret, hence England one out on this one!!

Anyway....as we learned the true size of our planet, various measuring systems were developed. The term 'knot' was developed, originally, by laying a rope, that had been previously tied with knots at pre-determined lengths, into the sea, in order to determine the velocity of early sailing vessels. Counting the 'knots', according to a given time, would determine the speed of the ship.

Hence, the term 'knots' is still used today, although it is far more accurate.

It was determined that, at the Equator, one second of Longitude is egual to 6080 feet.....that is now the accepted distance of one 'Nautical Mile'.

Sorry for all the Metric people out there...conversions are always available!!

To further confuse the issue....one 'Statute Mile' is 5280 feet. (For our international audience, one 'inch' equals 25.4 millimetres. In US terms, 12 inches equals one 'foot' ....that is 304.8 millimetres, or 30.48 centimetres.

OK....one 'yard', in the USA, is three feet.....so, 30.48 centimetres, times three, is 91.44 centimetres. A meter is just slightly longer than an American 'yard'....or, three 'feet'.

Confused yet? Don't be....so far I'm only discussing distance measurements!! Won't even get into volumes...!!! Even I can't figure it out!!! (hint....a litre is pretty close to a quart....)

Where was I? Oh, yeah....a Nautical Mile, which is 6080 feet. My calculator says that 6080 US feet, times 12 inches equals 72,960 inches. Convert those to centimetres, and we get 185318.4 centimetres....which, when converted to Metres, gives us 1853.184 metres....or, just less than two KM.

Did I do the math correctly?

I do this in my head, usually....used a calcualtor this time. Way to adjust Statute miles to Nautical miles? 1.15 percent. Way to adjust SM to Metric? 1.6 percent.

Want to look at Celsius temps, and convert to Fahernhight, in your head? Take the temp, in C....double it, and subtract 10 percent, then add 32 degrees. Not difficult, once you practice it.

Quick....20C equals? Double it, it's 40, subtract 10 percent, thats 4....so now we have 36. Add 32.....and we get 78 degrees!!! Congratulations, you just learned how to convert, in your head, Celsius to Fahernhight!!!

Sorry, I don't spell german words well....not sure how to spell 'fahernhight'

Must add here.....I went long, on this post. A lot of what I wrote has nothing to do with this thread. I could delete it, but I will, instead, post it, As Is.

This is the 'Aliens and UFOs' thread....if I have educated anyone about real-world stuff, here on Earth, then I achieved my goal.

If I have bored anyone, then I apologize....just scroll thru, nothing to see or learn!

Just hope someone got something from what I wrote. Maybe not the correct venue, but read my sig.......so it seems to make sense......

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I dunno it kind of looks like my mouse cursor as I move it by the object.

Maybe it is just a software thing with the pictures?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Strange indeed. The big heads are probably going crazy trying to anwser questions to the media about all this. But, its what the people really want to know. Seeing things outside the box is hard for NASA to handle and talk about in simple terms it seems. I haven't heard more about high res of this anomalie yet. Still I think when the dust clears will be seeing one of many frozen geyser's.
Thats why they landed there (water under the surface) its expected to be wet under ground. Duh..

source fawkes4.lpl.arizona.edu...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is a really good investigation of the anomalist object that's all the buzz.

It sems there IS something NASA is hiding from people, only a few NASA insiders know whats really being seen by the Lander.

Joseph P. Skipper does an in-depth investigation of the image everybodies talking about.

If you have time-READ "the whole investigation" by Joseph P. Skipper.

It makes the most sense IMHO so far. follow the link below for a really good look at anomalies on Mars and how NASA is hiding them and also, the question "IS the MARS PHOENIX LANDER where NASA says it is???

THe investigator Joseph P. Skipper "does not think so..."

just like the fish head I presented in this thread..there's a lot more to met the eye when looking at the pictures NASA presents to us ..it seems you have to "look out-side the picture (e.g. around it) to find the possible truth..

You have to read his whole studing below (linked) to see what he means,,

basically the artifact that is (the white object in the MARS PHOENIX LANDER photo IS A "RUSE" to cover - up what NASA is REALLY TRYING TO HIDE...

again folks need to think out-side the box..thats my take anyway..

go have a look-see and read his report (all) below ..Ruff

update and pictures of said "white anomalie here

(great read -but reat all of his investigation!!)

go to bottom of thread were LINK to NEW look at "white obect" is investigated

NASA is messing with pictures??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join