It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO explodes over Phu Quoc Island

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Believing anything connected with Sorcha Faal is the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny I'm afraid. It is a good way to eliminate a possibility though.

Stuff from that site comes up often. I wish they would do something about that horrible graphic on that site.

The paint would indicate to me this is a very Earthly Object. No joy here I'm afraid.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
At one point in the article it is stated that the residents heard a large thunderous bang. Then later it is said that there was no noise at all.
My understanding of it was they heard nothing PRIOR to the explosion. I've been wrong before, though.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
photo of debris via reuters

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ecidemon

"It was a huge explosion, and we thought at first that it was thunder," Truyen said. "But then we saw a 100-metre-long smoke trail in the sky and knew that it was the explosion of a flying object."

Quoted directly from the link.

Read. It's not difficult to understand.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by garyo1954

Believing anything connected with Sorcha Faal is the equivalent of believing in the Easter Bunny I'm afraid. It is a good way to eliminate a possibility though.

Stuff from that site comes up often. I wish they would do something about that horrible graphic on that site.

The paint would indicate to me this is a very Earthly Object. No joy here I'm afraid.

Take Sorchal Faal with a grain of salt, I do. However seeing this post after reading what had been written there, I threw it in the pot.

Now, I'm not saying Sorchal Faal is right or wrong, but sometimes you take a little here, a little there, and some from other places and you get something that looks like a more complete picture.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

OMG the Sorcha Faal article Massive US Built Space Plane ‘Blasted’ Out Of Sky Over South-East Asia is such a load of crap I don't know where to begin. Someone has a huge imagination and only a mere smattering of journalistic skills.
The US Navy intentionally shooting down a USAF spyplane as a retaliatory strike against the warmongers in Washington?!?
Retaliation is a reaction, not a first act, so retaliation against what?

Furthermore the author uses the nomenclature of SR-91 in one sentence and SR-81 in another when referring to the supposed existence of the hypersonic Aurora spyplane.

This is all rubbish dreamed up by an amateur.

The chances of it being a US spyplane are just as low as it being a hypersonic experiment gone wrong from China, Taiwan or India. Only time will tell. It will be interesting to see if anymore debris is found and if there are any stamps, decals or engravings that would allude to the origin of the vehicle.

Natalie~

[edit on 5-28-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Terrestrial aviation:

After examining the provided photo from reuters, unless alien craft use nuts and bolts, this is for certain an Earthly manufactured object.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If it was aurora they'll obviously paint it as a ufo to hide that....

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
If it was aurora they'll obviously paint it as a ufo to hide that....

Not likely.
The SR-71 when it was still black, unacknowledged and flying out of Groom Lake (Area 51) still had all appropriate insignia, flightline safety decals and proper nomenclature. The same would be true for now, especially in the hyper-litigious legal environment that the U.S. has become.

One must also ask, exactly how is a UFO painted? Do you paint it a flat battleship gray and put Klingon fonting on it to try to fool someone into thinking it's of extraterrestrial origin? I think not.

If this does turn out to be an Aurora spyplane, I think we can see it coming out of "black" soon, which would make for lots of excited posts in the Aviation Forum (shameless promotion).

I still think it's a drone of some kind from a local nation, a US spyplane's egress from Iran would not take it over Vietnam.

Natalie~

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

five words = laugh my fat a off

==========
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lets not laugh this one off guys.

There was no connection to aircraft in the area at the time of the explosion, or lack there of, but something was out of place in the sky that morning and was shot down or destroyed.

By what and whom is the real question?

Could it have been part of a spy satellite? That would explain the silence before the explosion.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicVegeta100

five words = laugh my fat a off

Five words:
Please Warn This Useless Member

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
maybe it was an ejected escape pod

the skies sure are busy... houston, cambodia, vietnam, pakistan/afghanistan

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
photo of debris via reuters

www.reuters.com...

That is a very interesting pic. I build commercial airplanes for a living and have worked on numerous other aircraft(including military) structurally and I do not recognize this type of structure...it is man made, i can say that, but I have never seen that design or use of flat stringers...obviously I've not worked on everything but this looks interesting and I imagine the explosion might have changed the look of the structure as well. Whatever it is, I think that it is very new. Hope I'm not wrong.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Could this perhaps be related to China's Fengyun-3 satellite launch ?
It was launched at 3:02 GMT on Tuesday 27th.
As I understand it this explosion was herd at around 10:00 Vietnam time, which is also 3:00 GMT. Is that right ?

What im getting at is that could it be possible that these metal pieces are parts of the rocket that put the satellite into orbit, falling back down and re-entering the earths atmosphere ?

Source: Long March rocket launches first Fengyun-3 weather satellite

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tulkos

That is very possible...that does look like straps that would wrap around a rocket, they would normally be round but, because of the explosion, they have been flattened out. Might be the answer...good find Tulkos.

[edit on 5/29/08 by riotact1]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tulkos
Could this perhaps be related to China's Fengyun-3 satellite launch ?
It was launched at 3:02 GMT on Tuesday 27th.

What im getting at is that could it be possible that these metal pieces are parts of the rocket that put the satellite into orbit, falling back down and re-entering the earths atmosphere ?

right along the theme i was going to post,
everyone is focused on an aircraft [likely because of Cambodian reports then denials of a lost aircraft earlier]

instead of space junk falling from a decaying orbit
or else a launch mishap of a second stage or whatever --
the rest of the vehicle & payload came down unnoticed. over a wide area

there was a report from 'Sun' a British news (?tabloid) (cited in a thread that was trashed) that reported a BooM !, from 5 miles up...
i asked myself, don't the Vietnamese use metrics like kilometers & not mile measurements? And an exploson 8 km up and away would be so faint and delayed as to barely noticeable from a chance observation of a visual explosion & plume of smoke.

however a fuel tank from a jettisoned satellite with some volitile substance in it would tend to blow up during reentry, ergo, round pieces of debris and those apparent harness straps we see in the pic of alleged debris from that incident

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well, someone says that the color of those pieces is yellow and green, others say that is grey... This is a kind of confusion that means it's probably a fake. Only checking very well the all about it's possible have the exact answer.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The poster of this theory noted that the launch time for the rocket was about the same as the reported time of the crash/explosion. The debris field is more than 3,000 km south of the launch site. While a rocket should be able to cover that kind of distance in a few minutes, shouldn't it be going up rather than sideways?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join