It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO explodes over Phu Quoc Island

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The poster of this theory noted that the launch time for the rocket was about the same as the reported time of the crash/explosion. The debris field is more than 3,000 km south of the launch site. While a rocket should be able to cover that kind of distance in a few minutes, shouldn't it be going up rather than sideways?

Rockets level out in the lower atmosphere I think.

Take the Earth's rotation into account. Also, the debris could have been effected by wind.

What I don't get is if it was a rocket you'd expect the debris to be flung over a very large area, few and far between rather than 3 big lumps (as the picture shows) landing in a small area.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Mad Larkin]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
reply to post by Ecidemon

"It was a huge explosion, and we thought at first that it was thunder," Truyen said. "But then we saw a 100-metre-long smoke trail in the sky and knew that it was the explosion of a flying object."

Quoted directly from the link.

Read. It's not difficult to understand.

Touche. At no point do they say "it made no noise at all" until they were referring to events prior to the explosion. I thought that much was obvious, and didn't see anything that anyone should be confused about. Read. It's really simple to comprehend.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Larkin

The poster of this theory noted that the launch time for the rocket was about the same as the reported time of the crash/explosion. The debris field is more than 3,000 km south of the launch site. While a rocket should be able to cover that kind of distance in a few minutes, shouldn't it be going up rather than sideways?

Take the Earth's rotation into account. Also, the debris could have been effected by wind.

What I don't get is if it was a rocket you'd expect the debris to be flung over a very large area, few and far between rather than 3 big lumps (as the picture shows) landing in a small area.

Crash site pretty much due south of rocket launch site, so hard to see where the Earth's rotation comes into play. No abnormal weather events in the relevant area at the time, so wind unlikely to be the reason that chunks of metal moved three thousand kilometers in a few minutes. The photos available online are clearly not representative of the debris field as a whole; they're just a couple of snaps from stuff brought to one particular police station in Cambodia, and media reporting makes it clear that there were many more pieces found throughout a much wider area encompassing Vietnamese territory also.

Wouldn't discount the rocket theory for a second, and the fact that a launch like this occurred in the same region around the same time.... well, if it's not responsible then it's quite a coincidence. Nonetheless, seems strange that the booster should have come down where and when it did... unless something went very wrong with the launch...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by authors

Not saying it isn't a rocket or anything, but wouldn't a rocket leave a trail of smoke right up to the explosion? I don't recall them mentioning any kind of contrail or anything left behind. That, of course, doesn't mean tehre wasn't one.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
IF IT REALLY WAS an flayer saucer then i wonder why would it explode after all their technology is vast from what we heard or perhaps they were at war ????

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Starred and flagged! You never cease to amaze me internos!

I think the major thing that will reveal what this is, and it seems rather obvious, is the black box (Which never really is black...hmmm). If they can't find one, it will be interesting what their excuse will be!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There are a couple images of the debris located here www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I saw on Drudge report this afternoon, pieces of the wreckage. The LGM's sure know how to use rivets and brackets, which look welded on to me. I wonder as a welder if I can get into their union? Meybe I can actually find a job there. Kudos

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hello to you all,
Nice find!
I for one think it's only an 'unknown' craft to us - the public, not to (parts of) the govt, the army & the elite. They´re probably just testing new stuff again. Don´t you guys think so? I don't know - I just have that feeling those few ones are always a (couple of) step(s) ahead of us, so we are now discussing exactly what they expected us to..

Is that just me thinking in overdrive?? Or are there any like minded outthere ;-)?

By the way, I'm not saying all UFOS are man made! I mean after all, we did get the technology from them in the 1st place, right?? So what I think is up there, is traffic of all sorts of crafts, with all different origins, hovering and warping through space..

Toine

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was running with the rocket theory because it seems pretty logical that you can connect a rocket launch with debris falling to Earth in a reletively close location.

However, that isn't conclusive proof that whatever exploded was a rocket and there are some anomalies with the story like the trail of smoke, the silence before the explosion, etc etc.

Originally posted by authors

Crash site pretty much due south of rocket launch site, so hard to see where the Earth's rotation comes into play. No abnormal weather events in the relevant area at the time, so wind unlikely to be the reason that chunks of metal moved three thousand kilometers in a few minutes. The photos available online are clearly not representative of the debris field as a whole; they're just a couple of snaps from stuff brought to one particular police station in Cambodia, and media reporting makes it clear that there were many more pieces found throughout a much wider area encompassing Vietnamese territory also.

Wouldn't discount the rocket theory for a second, and the fact that a launch like this occurred in the same region around the same time.... well, if it's not responsible then it's quite a coincidence. Nonetheless, seems strange that the booster should have come down where and when it did... unless something went very wrong with the launch...

Sorry I must admit I didn't read the whole report and I wasn't aware of where the debris fell in relation to the rocket launch. However, if debris had been caught in a jet-stream (high altitude air currents of up to 400kph) it's logical to assume it could have been carried a great distance. I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas to see if I can spark peoples imagination and help them come up with theorys.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I do believe that would make sense. In fact, that's the first thing I thought of!

Man...stuff now-a-days really makes you think, huh?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sorry I must admit I didn't read the whole report and I wasn't aware of where the debris fell in relation to the rocket launch. However, if debris had been caught in a jet-stream (high altitude air currents of up to 400kph) it's logical to assume it could have been carried a great distance. I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas to see if I can spark peoples imagination and help them come up with theorys.

The rocket theory still has to be the best explanation out there so far. The interesting bit, though, is the way that folks in south Cambodia claimed to have seen what they thought was a small plane trailing smoke prior to the big bang. If a rocket booster, this suggests that it hadn't broken up yet, and the subsequent explosion reports suggest that when it went, it was quite the event. I dunno much about jet streams; could they have carried the whole thing so far south so quickly and intact?

By the way there are some new (and better) photos available here:

search.news.yahoo.com...

Surely someone must be able to identify this thing?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
no way its a rocket, it could have been anything, but its definitely something nobody wants to admit it owns... An secret plane on an unauthorized flight over an foreign nation... Or an alien craft... But could aliens still use riveting technology? It seems primitive to me. I would think they were able to mold metal together.

Hopefully some bodies or parts of the craft start showing up from the sea and those who find it know well enough NOT to tell the authorities without taking photos, samples, etc, especially if its nature is extraterrestrial.

We can only hope.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
First off I would just like to say hi ! I'm new here so don't hurt me, I break easy

I think what is shown in the yahoo photos looks more like a man made missle body of some kind. Why I say this is because in one photo that looks to be the back or inside of the larger structural parts you can clearly see nuts and bolts (these bolts are commonly know as carrige bolts). These are bolted to what is called a structural "Tee" or "T" which is made from an "I" beam (known as a "W" shape in a steel handbook).

Now if you take the large structural chunk and roll it so that forms half of a long cylynder and cover it with sheet metal you have part of a missle. The two brackets on the side would be good for mounting guidance fins. Bet they find another chunk to complete the body.

Did someone drop something by mistake and detonate it before it hit the ground ? No noise from a bomb until it blows up.....

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Grayarea]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why isn't this being spoken about in the news? I can't even find anything about it in the news...at least not anything new. Somebody, somewhere is missing a rocket, missle or plane. Come on everybody don't let this fade to black.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I am an American Living and Working in Bangkok, Thailand and this was was a small story on page 5 of the Bangkok Post early this week. Thought it was quite to the point with the headline saying "UFO Explodes Over Vietnam" If anyone wants to dig up the article at the bangkokpost.com go for it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm thinkin Arby's ...I mean North Korea!! That's what it is after looking at the pics on YAHWOO.

Yep. NK lauched another of their "tree bark rockets" to the who-knows where it will go but lets do it anyway cause nobody will do anything about it.

LOOK AT ALL THESE BAD BOYS

SOURCE ASIA TIMES www.atimes.com...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by authors
If a rocket booster, this suggests that it hadn't broken up yet, and the subsequent explosion reports suggest that when it went, it was quite the event. I dunno much about jet streams; could they have carried the whole thing so far south so quickly and intact?

By the way there are some new (and better) photos available here:

search.news.yahoo.com...

Surely someone must be able to identify this thing?

I'm not sure about how far a jet stream would carry some debris but I know weather baloons can be carried many thousands of kilometres in them. It's safe to assume that the debris could have been carried quite a way before gravity pulled it out of the jet stream.

Thanks for the new pics btw.

Originally posted by Grayarea
First off I would just like to say hi ! I'm new here so don't hurt me, I break easy

I think what is shown in the yahoo photos looks more like a man made missle body of some kind. Why I say this is because in one photo that looks to be the back or inside of the larger structural parts you can clearly see nuts and bolts (these bolts are commonly know as carrige bolts). These are bolted to what is called a structural "Tee" or "T" which is made from an "I" beam (known as a "W" shape in a steel handbook).

Now if you take the large structural chunk and roll it so that forms half of a long cylynder and cover it with sheet metal you have part of a missle. The two brackets on the side would be good for mounting guidance fins. Bet they find another chunk to complete the body.

Did someone drop something by mistake and detonate it before it hit the ground ? No noise from a bomb until it blows up.....

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Grayarea]

Welcome to ATS
And thanks for there great info there. I'm going to start looking at the wreckage of known plane and missile crashes and see if I can find anything similar to our debris. I'll let you know how it goes.

Peace.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Is it possible this was a drone or UAV that had lost control and needed to be shot down? I have wondered about the UAV's that are being used and the fact that they are sometimes armed with missiles. If they lost control or had control taken over, they would pose a large treat to wherever they crashed. That would make sense as to nobody claiming this mess. Just my 1.2 cents worth.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Is it possible this was a drone or UAV that had lost control and needed to be shot down? I have wondered about the UAV's that are being used and the fact that they are sometimes armed with missiles. If they lost control or had control taken over, they would pose a large treat to wherever they crashed. That would make sense as to nobody claiming this mess. Just my 1.2 cents worth.

I'm not so sure. Some reports say that they saw a small plane, which would fit the description of a UAV. But why would they be opperating a UAV in the middle of Viet Nam/Cambodia? Is it possible that it could have been on its way to China?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join