It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO explodes over Phu Quoc Island

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Okay, I haven't found anything remotely like our debris in any of the pictures of plane crashes I've looked at. So I started looking at missile debris:

Pakistani tribesmen on Thursday display a piece of a U.S.-made laser guided missile, found in the debris of a house which was destroyed after an alleged American Predator aircraft fired on the house.

Similar in colour but not in shape. And our Viet Nam debris seems to have markings on it. Almost like scratch marks.

Debris, which Georgia says broke off a missile fired by a jet flown from Russia, lies on the ground near the village of Tsitelubani some 65 km (40 miles) west of Tbilisi, August 7, 2007. Georgia said on Tuesday that jets flown from Russia fired a missile on its territory, narrowly missing hitting a village, but Russia's military denied any involvement. The missile landed without exploding in a vegetable field near the village of Tsitelubani, Georgian officials said.

Now the bits in the top left seem a lot like the Viet Nam debris. But as with the Pakistan one it has markings from it's country of origin on what look like tail fins. You'd have thought some kind of indentifying marks would have survived on the Phu Quoc debris.

I have found nothing similar to the riveted piece of debris. Only the regular "crosshatch" structure that is used on aeroplane wings and fuselage.

I will keep looking.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What wonders me about the photos from the debris found in cambodia, is the fact that the explosion was clearly over phu quoc and not cambodian territory ... so who knows what we are really looking at there.
my husband happens to be on Phu Quoc right now and i asked him to go and find a piece of debris hehe, but all he found out is that military has confiscated all pieces known to be found.
intresting detail he just wrote me: the debries that the local people said those pieces glowing when they falled, not burning like normal airplane crashed
so, eventhough it is a public topic over there noone knows yet what it was, and there's still room for all sorts of speculation

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What wonders me about the debris-photos from cambodia is that the explosion clearly happened over phu quoc, not cambodian territory, and the closest cambodian islands do not belong to kampot province, as stated on yahoo where the pieces were found. who knows what we are really looking at there.
my husband happens to be on phu quoc and i asked him to go and look for some piece of debris , unfortunately all known to be found pieces have been confiscated by the military.
quote from our most recent convo: intersting detail about the debries that the local people said those pieces glowing when they falled, not burning like normal airplane crashed.
as of now, eventhough this is a public topic over there, noone knows what exactly that was.

(@mods, you don't have to publish my anonymous post now, obviously i registered
)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Welcome [officially] to ATS. Your husband is on Phu Quoc right now? Did he say what military confiscated the debris? Cambodian, Viet Nam or US?

Glowing when they fell to Earth...thats pretty interesting. A conventional fuel explosion wouldn't heat metal quickly enough to make it glow red...

The plot thickens.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ossophile
What wonders me about the debris-photos from cambodia is that the explosion clearly happened over phu quoc, not cambodian territory, and the closest cambodian islands do not belong to kampot province, as stated on yahoo where the pieces were found.

Phu Quoc is only 10km from Kampot. If the explosion(s) happened at an altitude of around 8km (as repeatedly claimed by VN authorities in the media, although no basis for this has been given) then it's entirely plausible that the debris field would encompass both northern Phu Quoc and southern Kampot.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ossophile
my husband happens to be on phu quoc and i asked him to go and look for some piece of debris , unfortunately all known to be found pieces have been confiscated by the military.

Ossophile, if that's the case then your husband is well-positioned to gather some useful information. It's unsurprising that the known pieces have been collected by the VN military, although others will no doubt turn up. Irrespective of that, local people should be able to supply some helpful testimony. For example, the media has quoted people on PQ talking about a long smoke trail, which in turn should indicate the direction in which the object was travelling. So, what was that direction? If not north-south, then would probably rule out the Chinese rocket theory...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I found another picture from the telegraph site

looks man made to me

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hello there folks at ATS.

I am Tom from Norway.

I had a look at the pictures taken by freelance photograph : Chor Sokunthea

If this was a rocket it would round before the explosion ok ,but this one has a strait

piece of wood on screwed on too it at the end.

Maybe we are looking at two different types of aircraft debris here.

1 from a China rocket (metal plates)

and one from 2.WWar or the Vietnam war airplane.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A reliable source said " Nah it was an old SR-71, we have been flying those around that area to make Chinese think they are Aurora SR-91 ....we fly anywhere we like intruding other countries...we are good people..... "

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If this is alien in origin, then it is nice to know that, like us, they use good old fashioned flathead screwdrivers.
See image at the following link:

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 31-5-2008 by no name needed]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It ia an old american snail plane SR-71

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, it certainly looks like common aircraft debris. It appears to be aluminum with ordinary rivets. It would be helpful to find part numbers or inspection stamps but that is not alwyas as easy as you might expect. I recently climbed all over a mountain studying debris from a plane wreck. Most of the parts, even major assemblies had no markings but i finally found a data plate identifying it as an A-7B. You just have to be diligent and have access to as many pieces as possible.

Note to Lonte: The Phu Quoc aircraft was not an SR-71. All Blackbirds, either crashed or preserved are accounted for. Also, I have been to quite a few SR-71 crash sites. The Phu Quoc fragments don't resemble Blackbird debris in any way. They don't even appear to be titanium. Try again.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk

Note to Lonte: The Phu Quoc aircraft was not an SR-71. All Blackbirds, either crashed or preserved are accounted for. Also, I have been to quite a few SR-71 crash sites. The Phu Quoc fragments don't resemble Blackbird debris in any way. They don't even appear to be titanium. Try again.

Your data about whatever bird you called it, is NOT accurate. Try harder.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My data is most certainly accurate, Lonte. All of the Blackbird variants (A-12, YF-12A, M-21, and SR-71 are accounted for. Of 50 airframes built, 20 crashed. I have personnally visited eight of the crash sites so I am quite familiar with the nature of the debris, materials and construction methods. The remaining aircraft are on display in various museums and other locations.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

wait a little and you'll see a top-level viet official declaring that the pieces were part of a dead US satellite or something...And hell' die of a heart attack in the next three or four months...

No, i don't do drugs. Reading betwen the lines is my hobby

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Great thread as always Internos

This is a liittle video I found that has some images of the crash, might be helpful:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

If this was a rocket it would round before the explosion ok ,but this one has a strait piece of wood on screwed on too it at the end.

I was looking at this with JL on OM forum when it went down.

I think the locals are just pulling any old cr*p out of the bushes to make a buck.

Flat head screws , Hand made rivots , wood ...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them

I think the locals are just pulling any old cr*p out of the bushes to make a buck.

And it wouldn't be like they're lacking in experience. Turning up supposed parts of US aircraft crashes, MIA dogtags etc is practically a national pastime in VN and Cambodia. Although the locals often end up disappointed these days; by now the US has pretty much figured out not to offer serious bounty for this kinda crap. But there's still cash to be made, usually through re-sale to other unsuspecting locals.

So yeah, before you spend too much time trying to figure out what kind of flying craft the things shown in these pictures come from, best remember that you have nothing whatsover to prove that they are in any way connected with the event that took place in the skies above Phu Quoc / Kampot on May 27. Media reports do suggest that a couple of pieces were actually witnessed coming down. But do you know which pieces those are? Nope. And as for the bits that continue to be fished out of the sea... well, might be worth withholding judgement for the time being, at least.

Case in point, today's edition of the Cambodia Daily newspaper claims that "another large piece of debris from a still-unidentified aircraft that exploded over the coastline last week was found in Kampot province Saturday... the 32-kg piece of metal is 2.9 meters long and 0.8 meters wide and was discovered by a fisherman..."

Quite how the newspaper is so sure that this particular piece of scrap metal came from that particular explosion is not explained...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree that it is common aircraft parts. The green primer on the inside was standard on US warplanes in the 70's. I cannot speak for today though.

I sincerely hope that advanced space faring aliens are using more exotic metals, paints, and production methods than circa 1970 USA.

[edit on 6-2-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"Very cold" metal pieces retrieved after UFO explosion over Koh Tral Island

Monday, June 02, 2008

UFO’ incident in southern Vietnam reported to gov’t

Sunday, June 1, 2008
Reported by Tien Trinh
Thanh Nien News (Hanoi)

Kien Giang Province authorities have reported the discovery of metal debris, believed to be fragments from the explosion of an unidentified flying object (UFO), to the central government, an official said Friday.

Lam Quang Chanh, the provincial People’s Committee’s spokesman, told Thanh Nien metal pieces had rained down in Ganh Dau and Cua Can communes on the island of Phu Quoc at about 10:20 a.m. on May 27.

The Military Command of Phu Quoc District said militias and residents had recovered 14 metal pieces allegedly deposited on the island from the explosion.

Rumors in Phu Quoc also suggest that some individuals have retrieved “dollars” or “very cold” metal pieces following the UFO’s explosion.

Nguyen Thanh Banh, Kien Giang police deputy chief, told Thanh Nien

anyone found guilty of spreading rumors from the incident that would negatively affect security on the island would be dealt with according to law.

Banh also said the security on Phu Quoc Island has been stable thus far.

When residents found the metal debris on Tuesday, district authorities said they contacted airlines in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand but did not receive immediate news of any missing aircraft.
something may have been lost in translation here. Maybe the vietnamese were hoping to sell the cold metallic debris for dollars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join