It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO explodes over Phu Quoc Island

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

VietNamNet Bridge – An unidentified flying object exploded at about 10a.,m on May 27 over the northern part of Phu Quoc Island, off the coast of the southern province of Kien Giang, according to Col. Nguyen Van Qui, military chief of the island district.
Many local residents found many grey metal pieces, including a 1,5m long piece.
The island district authorities quickly contacted airline companies in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, but as of 10p.m. the day, none had confirmed any of their flights having faced accidents.
The explosion happened at about 8km above the ground, and perhaps it was a plane, but authorities could not identify whether it was a civil or military aircraft.
The Phu Quoc Island People’s Committee mobilised local armed forces and residents to rescue duty.

english.vietnamnet.vn...

Hanoi - A large unidentified flying object exploded over an island off southern Vietnam, and local officials said Wednesday they suspected it had been a military or civilian aircraft.

The explosion occurred Tuesday morning above Cua Can commune on Phu Quoc, a large island belonging to Vietnam just off the coast of Cambodia, according to Ngang Van Truyen, chairman of the commune.

"It was a huge explosion, and we thought at first that it was thunder," Truyen said. "But then we saw a 100-metre-long smoke trail in the sky and knew that it was the explosion of a flying object."

Truyen said people in the commune found six pieces of aluminum-like metal painted yellow-green on one side. The largest piece is more than 1 metre long and 50 centimetres wide. However, no markings or letters are found on the pieces.

"One of the pieces pierced the metal roof sheet of a house in the commune, but no one was injured," Truyen said. "We are searching the area to see if there are other pieces, or even bodies."

According to a military official of the district, who requested anonymity, there were no military planes operating in the area at the time of the explosion.

"We haven't identified what it is, but we suspect that it is a plane," the official said. "It could be either a military plane or a civilian plane, but I don't think it's a flying saucer."

According to Ngang Van Truyen, the metal pieces are curved, and no noise had been heard before the explosion.

Several of Vietnam's government-controlled newspapers Wednesday reported the incident, but none had any further information on the object, which suggests that it was not a Vietnamese military aircraft.

Recent accidents involving Vietnamese military aircraft, including the crash of a light transport plane in April that killed five pilots, have been openly reported in the Vietnamese press. (dpa)

www.topnews.in...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Great find Internos, it will be very interesting if anymore is said about this object. I doubt anything will though =[

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

great work! Thank you!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I find the contradictions of the author to be interesting. It sounds like he believes there is more to this than the military is saying... Great Find!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Well, they don't know what it was, so there is more to this than what the military has said. They're assuming it was a plane, but doesn't sound like they've found any plane parts (such as maybe a wheel, landing gear, a door, wing, anything). Sounds to me like there is definately more tot he story than what they've said!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

According to Ngang Van Truyen, the metal pieces are curved, and no noise had been heard before the explosion.

Depending on the altitude this could be a clue. But just not enough evidence to suggest anything other than a plane.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Nice find Internos---There is most probably a special Moon Dust Unit there already picking up the pieces and taking them away to who knows where and what happened will be speculative debate for some time.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
interesting find

Seems like the second link doesn't want to load or either its been taken down?

I hope this turns out to be a genuine find/sighting

lets wait and find out shall we.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good find. I hope it's alien life, but it's highly doubtful.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

There is also no evidence to suggest that is WAS an airplane. No actual airplane pieces have been identified, there was no sound, just a large explosion. Last I checked, airplanes didn't randomly explode large scale mid flight leaving no identifiable pieces to be recovered, and then have no one report a lost plane.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
reply to post by Scramjet76

There is also no evidence to suggest that is WAS an airplane. No actual airplane pieces have been identified, there was no sound, just a large explosion. Last I checked, airplanes didn't randomly explode large scale mid flight leaving no identifiable pieces to be recovered, and then have no one report a lost plane.

HELLO SHANKSVILLE! :-)

The part of the article mentioning a piece with yellow paint on one side sort of makes it clear that it was some type of terrestrial aircraft, at least to me anyway. Great story though and I'm following this as I can

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"We haven't identified what it is, but we suspect that it is a plane," the official said. "It could be either a military plane or a civilian plane, but I don't think it's a flying saucer."

Beautiful. So no one knows what a plane looks like these days?

Sheesh....

I am not smart with large forms of transportation, especially air transportation, and I could pick out pieces of an airplane in a second.

Also, I am assuming there was a pilot, or pilots, and if it was a civilian plane, it would have....well, civilians.

At least one would assume

Sooo..........they found this obviously unidentified flying object. They haven't found any bodies, or pieces of something that could resemble a being of some sort.... and they *think* they know that it is a plane...But they can't even give the type of metal that it was made of.

What

A

Story!

I am going to keep my eye on this one. I would love to see what else they *think* it could be, while avoiding the idea of it ACTUALLY being an Alien spaceship!

Thanks!!

---Jade---

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They said painted "Yellow-Green on one side of the peice" they found, Most airplanes built have what is called Zinc Chromate paint that is applied on most interior and exterior aircraft structures as a corrosion proofing treatment.
Zinc-Chromate is usually Greenish bright yellow, Green, or plain bright Yellow.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by 38181]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
excellent find!!!

The Nam has always had tons of ufo activity. Ive read countless reports of Ufo sightings taking place during the vietnam war and after.

Im not surprised there where not many witnesses on the beach at this island as " charlie dont surf "
( had to get that in there )..

Flagged for further developments.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Some reports are indicating it was an SR91 Aurora which may have been as high as 5 miles at the time of the explosion. Oddly this site claims it was fired upon by an American Naval Ship.

You make the call. I'm just tossing it in.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
They said painted "Yellow-Green on one side of the peice" they found, Most airplanes built have what is called Zinc Chromate paint that is applied on most interior and exterior aircraft structures as a corrosion proofing treatment.
Zinc-Chromate is usually Greenish bright yellow, Green, or plain bright Yellow.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by 38181]

Thanks for the info - I'm glad to see we're still using highly toxic paint on our airplanes.
BTW - I am not disagreeing that this was an aircraft from here. I just think it's suspect they can't identify any parts to say "Oh, here's a wing tip" or "A piece of an engine". Ontop of it not making any sound.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Some reports are indicating it was an SR91 Aurora which may have been as high as 5 miles at the time of the explosion. Oddly this site claims it was fired upon by an American Naval Ship.

You make the call. I'm just tossing it in.

That sounds like a bit of a streeeeeetch to me.
In any case we'll just probably get the old government line.

"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus."

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
garyo1954, thank you for pointing it out: the purpose of this thread would be to find a possible explanation to the incident, and you have kindly shared an interesting one

I have a problem with the link between the russian analyst report and THIS incident, though.

The website states:

Russian Military Analysts further report that the trajectory of the doomed US space-plane shows it had left the vast American Military base in the Indian Ocean called Diego Garcia and headed towards the Pakistan-Iranian border before its being shot out of the sky.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Diego Garcia approx. coordinates:

Lat: 7°18'39.36"S
Lon: 72°24'43.13"E

www.dg.navy.mil...

Now, a rough calculation returns an (apparently) strange result, which i display in the next two images:

The support of some of our experts in aircrafts would be needed to say the least, so i'm going to U2U someone of them.

Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread.

[edit on 28/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So if it's not an aircraft then the only other explanation is a long rage missle.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
At one point in the article it is stated that the residents heard a large thunderous bang. Then later it is said that there was no noise at all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join