It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House Bush relied on "propaganda" to sell the war.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
funny post over on huffingtonpost.com about this. mcclellan speaks on bush's coc aine use as well. they were talking about it, early in the administration apparently, bush tells him "they keep bringing up my coc aine use. truth is, i don't really even know that i have tried it. we had some pretty wild parties back then." mcclellan thinks, " how in hell could you not remember trying coc aine?"

as to this, when they could not find the weapons, he should have been ran out of town and then put in prison.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
And if even one more Citizen learns something new with each such "revelation" coming out in public view, then we're just that much closer to the proverbial "last straw on the camel's back." Once the camel's back breaks, I could see a complete shake-up of the government coming...

I used to hope for that. Not any more. I recently read "The Shock Doctrine" and it really proved how crises of any sort can be spun in any direction, even 180 degrees from what the conclusions 'should' be.

Let's not break the camel's back, let each person made more aware be change enough, in themselves. I still think the US Constitution, and the principles its founded upon, is one of the more insightful documents I've ever read. The founders really understood so many things that today's politicians choose to ignore. I can certainly see a crisis in government working to undermine that.

I'll be interested to see how the media covers and reviews this book. Since most people don't read extensively or search out news on the Internet, the MSM still act as gatekeepers. The real shake-up that's needed is for more honest media -- will they ignore this book like they've ignored the Pentagon media programs, Ron Paul, and countless other issues? How long can they keep that up?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I blame my poor memory on way too much sex, drugs and rock and roll in my youth... or not enough... I can never remember which.

It could be old age creeping in. I've heard that there's three sure signs of old age:
1--Loss of memory.
2--
--
--
--Damn, I always forget the other two...

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I still think the US Constitution, and the principles its founded upon, is one of the more insightful documents I've ever read. The founders really understood so many things that today's politicians choose to ignore. The founders really understood so many things that today's politicians choose to ignore.

...And things that the public school system never really teaches.

I'd have to say that at least 96% - 97% of what I learned about the Constitution has been through after-school self-study.

I still think that it's only going to take a certain number of people "waking up" to the truth before that "last straw" falls into place...I'm equating the "camel's broken back" to the same point in time when there's enough people willing to stand up & really make the proper changes in the government. I'm still hoping that the camel's back won't be a severely violent break, but history teaches that those who are in the powerful positions of rulership are not willing to peacefully give up that power.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The true tragedy started in November, 2000. This boob was never elected. And we in the US, along with the world, have suffered ever since.

There are hundreds of incidents that makes this clown out for what he truly is....but I'm thinking the best example is the "Yo, Blair!" caught on tape....with his mouth full of a dinner roll, beckoning his lap dog over to the table.

His father vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister....that was mild in comparison!

Itis time to break away from the 'tradition' of giving ex 'presidents' a slide after their term expires....this man deserves NO respect. Zero.

As the saying goes, I wouldn't waste my saliva to spit on him if his arse were on fire!

//oops....spelling....//

[edit on 5/28/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think another important aspect of this development is that the term "propaganda" is even being used by the MSM in reference to the Bush administration. It's great that "talking points" are now being called by their true name.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LMAO--And here it comes--The ever predictable counter-attack and smear and "discredit" campaign from this admin's putrid posse of henchmen. Just look at the list of pathological liars and criminals doing the bashing--Rove, Fleischer, and the latest master of pathological lying and propaganda, Dana Perino.

In an explosive new memoir, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan writes that the Bush administration engaged in a “political propaganda campaign” to sell the Iraq war and that it misled him on the Valerie Plame scandal. Today, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino slammed McClellan today as a “disgruntled” employee; former press secretary Ari Fleischer said he was “heartbroken.”

Other former White House officials started the smear campaign last night. Karl Rove, interviewed on Hannity and Colmes, asserted that McClellan sounded more like “a left-wing blogger” than himself. Former Homeland Security adviser Frances Townsend, interviewed on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360, called McClellan “self-serving” and “disingenuous.”

Full article:
thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Don't you just know the GOP candidates at all levels are squirming, because they know some hard questions are going to be asked of them as well. As well they should be.

Question authority and just hope the MSM has the cojones to actually report the news instead of sucking up to the PTB.

I wonder how the military families must feel now.

Notice a conspicuous absence of our more conservative/Right leaning members on ATS, on this thread?
I would be very interested in their take on this.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD...LOL!!!

Dana Perino?

This is what the shrub 'admistration' has sunk to.....a poor, ignorant 'bubbleheaded bleach blonde' to spout the lies. I doubt they pay her enough to make up for losing all credibility......

Just hope Dana can make a great book deal in a year or so, to help pay her mortgage......

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Can someone... anyone.... show me a time when a war was waged and propaganda was NOT used???

When truths where not exaggerated...

When lies where not told??

How about a war where there really was not a clandestine reason for the actions??

Or a war where someone did NOT profit?

Not defending Bush. Had I known it was possible for a World Super Power to be bogged down in a backwards podunk country like Iraq for 5 years I would not have voted for the idiot..

But still I got to ask ... did he REALLY do anything different?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

When was the printing press invented??? I think the year before that...

Coven

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

lol.

True. Because before that, the war started, then by the time it was half way over the people had just found out it started, by the time they complained it was over!

If ever the world government made a mistake, it was not covering up the invention of the printing press! lol

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That was ill-mannered? I thought it was rather humorous actually.

It was a reference in its own oblique way to bush minor's assertion that he couldn't remember ever doing coc aine or not.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

this is pretty well known around the world...

right now i'm watching a guy try to spin this on CNN..so sad

evil people should be banished from this world...only good people get to go to the next level imo.

goverments have the power to control that means they must have the power to help or be good...why choose to be evil?

if i was a king,i would take care of my people and teach them and love them and do amazingly good things with them

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I hope Tony Snow is recuperating nicely at this time, but HE also got the hell out of Dodge because he found out things that even overwhelmed his
Republican ars.

Its all coming to light every day-which is why the NWO is speeding up their pace because time is running out quick like.

I feel an attack here, to quote Bush's famous words, is IMMINENT. He should know.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yup your right all wars there is some form of propaganda and profiteers and truth stretching wont disagree there. But here is the difference Bush started this war specifically to make the profiteers rich where as like WW2 we were attacked so it wasnt like we started the war to make people rich. And the propaganda in this case shouldnt even be called propaganda because usually in propaganda there is some sort of truth just certain things left out but Bush really had no truths he was spouting out. They were all lies that he made out to be true. Now in Rocks case he likes to throw out his propaganda to get his pro Israel Zionist themes out there and he uses stuff like this......

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
He will not be the last to write a tell all book about the Bush Years. So far, I haven't read (limited) or seen anything about the Bush years that surprised me. Having been through Nixon and LBJ while I and thousands others were in Vietnam at the time, nothing shocks me anymore.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well it looks like the White House is in full attack mode... the problem is of course they are turning on the person who helped in character assissinations of the past so he is not going to be easily cowed.

The question is who do you believe: A White House that is known by now to lie through its teeth just for practice...

... on the one who helped sell those lies?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This may go somewhere. Looks like the House Judiciary Committee wants to have a talk with Scott...under oath.

“The admissions made by Scott McClellan in his new book are earth-shattering and allege facts to establish that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby – and possibly Vice President Cheney - conspired to obstruct justice by lying about their role in the Plame Wilson matter and that the Bush Administration deliberately lied to the American people in order to take us to war in Iraq," Wexler said. "Scott McClellan must now appear before the House Judiciary Committee under oath to tell Congress and the American people how President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Scooter Libby, and White House officials deliberately orchestrated a massive propaganda campaign to sell the war in Iraq to the American people.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
McClellen's book doesn't really tell us anything new. I does, however, confirm what we suspected. Over the next two years, we will see more confirmations what we already knew to be the case about this administration. I don't like seeing my prefered political party going down in flames, but I do recognize that its happening.

Let's be clear on one thing. This is pay back. McClellen's timing is significant becuase the President's approval ratings are at an all time low, and the economic news keeps getting worse. McClellen struck now, so that he could get his pound of flesh, and get away with it.

Every excerpt I've read suggests to me that he felt a deep sense of loyalty to President Bush. He took his betrayal personally, whereas most press secretaries expect it and roll with the punches.

I value loyalty above all else. If you lose my trust, you'll never get it back. If you're on my bad list, you ARE toast. For these reasons, I understand Scott McClellen, and what he did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join