It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House Bush relied on "propaganda" to sell the war.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that McClellan still managed to protect Bush in all of this? He claims that Mr. Bush was only following the advice of his aids. I don't buy that. I think Bush was just as complicit as everyone else in the White House.

I know that Valerie Plame's book had to be reviewed by either the CIA or the NSA, and I'm sure that McClellan's book went through a similar process before publication. That means that we are still only getting half-truths.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

LOL!! Nancy Pelosi isn't stupid, because she's a Democrat. She is just stupid. It has nothing to do with her being a woman.....she is just an idiot.

George W Bush is a man, and a 'rebublicrat'......heh, heh....!

But he is an idiot.....a really stupid, stupid man.....

Thing is, as third in line....Ms. Pelosi, as Speaker, would become CiC, if the shrub and the dick were eliminated by impeachment...which won't happen anyway, takes too long.....we will have to prosecute once they're out of office....but first, we will have to break through the barrier, of putting them on a 'pedestal'....time to let that go, and prosecute these bastards!!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

How long has Pelosi been a politician? Long enough apparently to use tragedies that people actually suffered through for her little political tally marks.

I am so disgusted with politicians using Katrina to fling mud at each other. Sure it was a black mark, but what does that have to do right now with Scott McClellan and why is she suddenly agreeing when she's been the perfect lapdog all this time?

Disgusting. They all need to go, from the top down, Republican/Democrat/Purple People Eaters. We're building all these "secret" Rex84 prisons, I have a good idea who the denizens of such places can be.

*Edit to add: And the sick part of this is, there are a lot of people out there that are going to fully buy what she has to say, just like there are a lot of people that will immediately hold tighter to their "Republican" values. It's all the same, just a different name.

[edit on 5/28/08 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Scarlett. Yeah. I caught that action. Poor Bush. Relying on his advisors. You and I know that is a load of horse puckey.
Bingo NB82. It has become laughable. If it were not so danged serious.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone here wonder why it took him almost 3 years to come out with any of this? Personally, I think he was looking to cash in like so many others before him. If there are any prosecutions, I think Mr. McClellan should be first in line. If there's any truth to any of this, I find him to be a coward of the highest order.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Soldier Mom. These angles of inclinations were inevitable. I am sorry we as a nation were pimped out for militaryindustrial concerns. I am often wrong. I realize this is a majorly sensitive topic.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

Absolutely he's a coward, if he's telling the truth. In either case, his credibility is questionable.

And isn't in interesting how the man can go from being the scum of the earth to being a hero in 48 hours, just because all of a sudden, while he's hocking a book no less, he tells everyone what they want to hear?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

soldiermom....I well, I was going to say, i'd echo what jpm said....but....I began to think, maybe I have no right to even speak about what you posted.....

I'd rather hear what you have to say.

I will not interfere......you have the floor, so to speak!!

edit to add....and all should not interfere......!!!!!!

[edit on 5/28/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think this story has Washington and the MSM completely offbalance.

Maybe it is time to turn on our DVR's or VCR's and record the slip ups.

I was just watching CNN w Anderson Cooper and one of the the reporter commentators openly admitted to being pressured to put a positive light on the policies of the Bush administration on the run up to the war.

This caught Anderson off guard where he actually stopped the interview and said something to the effect of "Wait a minute, wait a minute..you mean to say you were pressured by the administration to sell the war to the American public.

And you could see she realized that what she just said was a terrible mistake. So she started to back pedal and then she said that the "pressure" did not come from the administration but from the corporate managers of her former news organization!!!

Wow! She slipped and told the truth and I am sure she will pay the price.

I think they are scared and they are making mistakes... we should keep our eyes open and recorders running!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually as I believe it was YOU who posted it, Republicans historically have bigger governments and employ more people then Dems. And I would actually say massive corporatized democracies are tendencies of Fascism.

Correct the republicans these days are closet democrats. In fact I almost think the roles have switched. It used to be the republicans were for small government and individual rights but now its almost the dems that are this way. Well I take that back dems are still for big government they are just for paying as you go ie higher taxes where as the repubs put it on the old charge card.

I didnt call you a libertarian I called you a democrat theres a difference. Dems are for big government and the nanny state where as libs are for small government and no police or nanny state. We like liberty hence libertarian. Sorry for calling you a dem though I know that hurts

I see. We say the exact same thing, only you get 10 stars I get nothing!

I said don't call me a LIBERAL. Not a Libertarian.

I am a Libertarian.

You called me a Dem, which is a Liberal, which I find insulting.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I gave you a star!! Feel better now????

wait, allow me to read your post again....oh, nevermind, you spoke from your heart, so I stand by my star, on your post!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

shoot! if I could, I'd give you another star!!!

Good post!!!

Be patient....stars will come.....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
it's sad to see the government control the media to hide the truth.

i suggest checking out this video series for some info...

video.google.com...=Endgame%201.5&sitesearch=video.google.com

edit= well that link didnt work out too well..do a search at google video for end game 1.5

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Absolutely he's a coward, if he's telling the truth. In either case, his credibility is questionable.

And isn't in interesting how the man can go from being the scum of the earth to being a hero in 48 hours, just because all of a sudden, while he's hocking a book no less, he tells everyone what they want to hear?

I want to point out that his credibility is not questionable, his credibility was MADE questionable. The trusted a man they "Didn't really know" in the freakin White House? Are you kidding? This Administration has managed to discredit everyone who comes out and calls BS on their propaganda machine. And they do it by driving the conversation the media has about it.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Soros-McClellan Connection

littlegreenfootballs.com...

I was just digging around and found this.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I fell asleep at the helm from 1030 to 0230. Tried to go back asleep but had my windows open. I am as cold as stone. Caught the early morning news this morning. WH is indeed over a conundrum over this. Good. They need to sweat this one out. There is much sweating that yet needs to be done on Pennsylvania Avenue.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
soldiermom I reread your post. I think you have the most clarity of any poster on this subject. The worst rat is a conspiratorial rat. Those that turn tail after the damage is done. McClellan is a rat of 33rd order. Now he wishes to wash his hands.
Out damn spot.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Just a thought but I'm finding McClellan's "tell all" very disturbing indeed because the very fact of its existence indicates that there's a whole lot more about the Bush administration that's going to be revealed once Bush is out of office -- this seems obvious to me.

McClellan is attempting to exonerate himself for those "known" issues that most Americans have issues with in regards to Bush -- McClellan is doing that by acknowledging them and publicly apologizing for them on his own accord. So why is he doing this? Think about it. The only reason why is because there's a big elephant in the room that the public does not know about yet that's yet to be revealed -- and McClellan's got the inside scoop on it or else he would not be ruining his career like this by coming out with a "tell all" book like this in the first place.

I find this very alarming and quite frankly, I think we should all be preparing for the worse.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
You can find some more info on the propaganda war here which shows the depth of deceit and lies that shrub&co sank to.

They even managed to get Blair on board to talk about WMDs even though he knew it was false info, having been told that by Dr David Kelly who then went on to report to the media that the Iraq documents had been "sexed up" - he was subsequently found dead, apparently from suicide.

Bush had been waiting for quite some time for an opportunity to attack and invade Iraq, as reported here and within hours of the attack on 911 had ordered war plans against iraq to be drawn up, which is when the propaganda war began - even though there was no evidence linking Iraq to "al qaeda" and none to suggest they had WMDs.

Indeed the UN weapons inspector Hans Blix had repeatedly stated that is wasn't the case - but he was ignored because his evidence didn't fit the war agenda.

So over five years and a reported several TRILLIONS of dollars later, including billions that cannot be accounted for in a pentagon audit the MSM are finally starting to actually report SOME of the TRUTH.

It's such a pity that it's too late for over 4,000 US troops, other coalition troops and the up to 1 million dead and 4 million displaced iraqi's.

This is truly the first great humanitarian crime of the 21st century, perpetrated by those who are supposed to be the good guys.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I see. We say the exact same thing, only you get 10 stars I get nothing!

Well rock when are you going to realize everyone loves mybigunit.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join