It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Osama bin Laden has been 'located'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Reports: Osama bin Laden has been 'located'

www.spectator.co.uk

The Dubai-based satellite TV channel Al Arabiya is reporting that Osama Bin Laden has been “located” by US intelligence in the Kararakoram – a mountain range that spans the borders of Pakistan, the Kashmir and China (K2 is one of its peaks).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The source is a highly respected British current affairs journal, how do not make stuff up. Apparently, this a genuine report and US officials were in the area. Al Arabiya does have a English site, but no word from them yet.

I shall make some calls and see what I can find out

www.spectator.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No offense to you, infinite, but his thread should be moved to the "Mythical Beasts" board, along with sightings of Bigfoot, Yetis, the Loch Ness Monster, and chupacabras.

Doubtless this will remain little more than an unsubstantiated rumor. OBL, if he is even alive, is hanging in the foothills of K2?

[typo]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

That is hilarious, I think that the thread tittle should be change also but to Osama binladen has been sighted, not located, as with all mythical beasts they are never founded.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think if they were going to find bin laden it's about 3 years to late IMO,i think like most he died a long time ago and his vids are just old footage.
It would be great to get him but i don't think it will happen,getting him alive anyway

[edit on 27-5-2008 by rhynouk]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Interesting report. But why would anyone publish such a report before he was captured?

Are we trying to tell him we know?
Are we trying to get him out in the open?

Or do we want to warn him?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was in the army for about 2 years, went to afghan, found osama, told by superiors to leave him alone. Get the picture yet infinite?

This story here is just bs... 95% of everything you hear about osama is bs.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

That made me laugh for a few minutes

The boogeyman is dead. Go home people. The show is over.

Back in 2001, some accounts stated that Bin Laden had Hepatitis C and only had about two more years to live. Doctors said he was in poor health.

This is 2008. Seven years later.

Do you HONESTLY think that, in poor health, and needing dialysis every few days, he would be able to run for SEVEN YEARS?! That's not even factoring in the stress involved and the fact that EVERYONE knows his face.

I mean, really. There comes a point where you just have to accept that your fantasized enemy is gone and there's no recognizable figure to scare you anymore.

He's dead.

www.guardian.co.uk...

CX

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavius

This story here is just bs... 95% of everything you hear about osama is bs.

Which story is bs? The one Infinite posted or the one about you being in the army for 2 years and finding OBL? Just curious. You certainly did well for someone who would'nt have been long out of training.

Don't shoot the messenger as they say, Infinite merely posted an article from as he said was "highly respected British current affairs journal".

Unless anyone knows anything to the contrary about this journal, flame the people people who first leaked this story, or the US intelligence that have let this get out....not the person letting ATS know about it.

I'll watch this with interest. Not that counts for anything, but i still believe that he won't be "found" until he needs to be. Just before Bush leaves office would be handy for him.

Maybe they have decided it's time for him to be found, with all the talk of impeachments, maybe finding the boogyman will restore everyones faith in the administration.

CX.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I shall make some calls and see what I can find out

Thank you Infinite for going that extra mile and making phone calls at your own expense for us!

Perhaps you could also ask them "which" Osama? Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When he is found, his head will be the next addition to S&B collection, right next to Gerry and Panchito, other foes that also somehow evaded US capture.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Oh wow they found his grave site? About time. Now can we stop hearing about a new video release?

The man has no power, only what we give him. Enough.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

removed "mannered" post.

Thats really not necessary. Either answer the questions and address the posts or don't even bother posting.

I see you're new. We try to keep a certain level of decency on this site by not attacking people, but rather their arguments and posts.

If you want to resort to name calling and immature "sticking up for your boyfriend" type commentary, please go to a website frequented by fourth graders.

[edit on 5/27/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

If you want to resort to name calling and immature "sticking up for your boyfriend" type commentary, please go to a website frequented by fourth graders.

Will you join me?

One Line Post Reminder

[edit on 27-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I was in the army for about 2 years, went to afghan, found osama, told by superiors to leave him alone. Get the picture yet infinite?

Army in two years and went straight to Afghanistan and was told to leave Osama alone...?

From the way you write and act on this board; my best guess you are probably 15. Others and I do not waste time with odious individuals like you. Your comments are pure excreable.

Got the picture yet?

*clicks ignore*

[edit - typo]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by infinite]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A target THIS big WOULD NOT be leaked to the press. It is a hoax or a ploy to lure UBL out of hiding. Nothing more. The intelligence community would not risk giving away their advantage to one of the biggest captures thus far in its history.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

It has not been leaked to the MSM press. The arabic version of Al Arabiya has the story, nothing on the English though. The news organisation is refusing to comment, I have called around and Al Arabiya will not confirm or deny the story at all.

Apparently the US is taking the report as "the most serious to date".

So far, four individuals have this story. We are one of them.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Pakistan media now has the story;

LAHORE: Al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden is hiding in the Karakoram segment of the Himalayan range, Arabic television network Al-Arabiya quoted its sources as saying on Monday. According to the Dubai-based network, in the past few days United States (US) security and military officials had a top-level summit at a military base in Qatar’s capital Doha to plan an operation to hunt for Osama. US commander in Iraq General David Petraeus and US ambassador to Islamabad Anne Patterson were reported to have attended the summit. Last week, Petraeus testified before a US Congressional committee about security in Iraq and warned that members of Al Qaeda based in Pakistan’s Tribal Areas were planning a new attack on the US. According to the channel, reports say the Central Investigation Agency (CIA) has located Osama in the “rooftop of the world”, the area of Pakistan that borders Afghanistan to the west, in particular the chain of mountains of Afghan province of Nurestan and China to the north. The report says that support for Al Qaeda is broadening, not only among the Afghan Taliban and Pakistani tribes that deny Osama’s presence in the area, but also fundamentalists including the Muslim Brotherhood that has changed its strategy.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.dailytimes.com.pk...\05\27\story_27-5-2008_pg1_4

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join