It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Osama bin Laden has been 'located'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
also, why would a dubai based news network be the first to know

This may or may not be related to your question ... but Dubai is the new headquarters of Halliburton. Halliburton moved their world headquarters from Houston to Dubai, then the cable cutting fiasco, and now this.

Cheney's breadcrumb trail for the media perhaps?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
okay this is a little off topic but does anyone remember seeing a guest who was on The Daily Show around 2002-2003. He was a reporter for the NY Times... i think. He was a younger guy late 30s maybe.

He had been in Afghanistan pre 9/11 and stayed to report on Operation Anaconda. He told a story of how he was in the mountains with a group of Afghan fighters for months. While in the mountains he claimed that it was common knowledge where Bin Laden was. He said that he could literally see Bin Ladens campsite from his location.

Jon Stewart did a double-take and said jokingly "well dont you think thats some information you should pass along to the army?"

The reporter kinda laughed and said something along the lines of oh dont worry they know already know where he is, they have always known, and he wasnt joking.

Stewart looked dumfounded and ended the interview around then.

Does anyone know who that reporter was????????????? Ive never been able to find that clip or the guys name.

The post of the guy saying he found Osama and they left him alone reminded me of this

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
nobody's mentioned that this could be dis-info to continue the "terror alert" and terror fear so they might get some support when they bomb Iran.

using the fear factor of oh my ....... Osama is still alive and we need to stay at war with the terrorists is the only way they can keep this war proceeding to the next step.

obl....will never be caught or shown dead if you ask me......and guess what ? so far i am right

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

If this really is fresh intel about the location of Bin Laden what the hell are they doing releasing it to the media? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of knowing his location in the first place?
They should have used that intelligence, kept it classified, and gone after the guy.
Now he knows to relocate.

The entire story makes no sense. If they really had the intel they would have acted immediately, not waited to release it to the media only so Bin Laden can relocate and find another hole to hide in. That's the entire reason he's been so hard to find!! This story seems fishy..

-ChriS

[edit on 28-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The lead in his head would hardly be worth it. He was a figurehead. More than likely dead by now.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
wat a fake. Osama die already long time ago, so bad using his name as bait

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Nice find Infinite

As others, I find it unlikely the Intel agencies would allow vital information like this to 'leak' out. Unless..... there is another reason for it.

I believe OBL could very well be alive and hiding in the mountains.

I think his location or locations have been known for a long time, but for reasons unknown he has never been apprehended.

I think this is a way of letting the American public know that they didn't just 'stumble' across him. That their long campaign, and diligence has paid off.

I know I will feel safer when he is caught, and that all the time/money/effort/lives/etc will all be worth it.
[sarcasm off]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
HEY!

Can you find Osama?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Now that was funny.

I was need'n a giggle too

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
1. Did you mean Osama, or Obama??

(thats a joke on the Fox News issue from the other day....don't get your knickers in a wad).

2. Maybe the article actually meant they found Osama's tomb...since he more than likely has been dead for awhile.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

HA!

Osama Bin ABadBoy

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavius
I was in the army for about 2 years, went to afghan, found osama, told by superiors to leave him alone. Get the picture yet infinite?

This story here is just bs... 95% of everything you hear about osama is bs.

It's a shame you all ganged up on Xavius and ran him off before even asking him a question. Is this the "I know for a fact OBL is dead and nobody else is entitled to an opinion club"
Anybody have any proof this fellow was lying? Anybody?

I have no idea where he is or if he is dead. I suspect none of you do either. If there is proof he is dead, I can not find it. Where did I miss the proof? He could be dead, but without proof its just a guess isn't it?

CX

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Xavius
I was in the army for about 2 years, went to afghan, found osama, told by superiors to leave him alone. Get the picture yet infinite?

This story here is just bs... 95% of everything you hear about osama is bs.

It's a shame you all ganged up on Xavius and ran him off before even asking him a question. Is this the "I know for a fact OBL is dead and nobody else is entitled to an opinion club"
Anybody have any proof this fellow was lying? Anybody?

Did he provide any proof that he was telling the truth? No. Fair game for being doubted then in my books, especialy on a site where proof accounts for a lot when claiming things like this.

If i may explain my lack of belief for his story.....as i said, if he was in the army for just 2 years, he would have not been out of training long, and relatively inexperienced.

I am hazarding a guess that the teams that are out there looking for OBL, and i don't mean the average troops on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, will have slightly more experience that a newbie. I may be wrong on that one, but you get my drift.

He says his post was true, but the way he reacted to my post indicated that he could have been just being sarcastic. In which case he is lying about the "finding OBL" claims.

Confusing either way. Maybe it's a lesson in making a post clearer, or using the emoticons when being sarcastic so people at least know you are trying to be funny..

The way he responded anyway, was the kind of thing i hear off of my two daughters all day, however they are 9 and 10.

I ignore them too when they are like that!

CX.

CX

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Back on topic.....a question albeit a hypothetical one....

Say for discussions sake he is on the border of Afghanistan and China as is stated in this report, how would our government and forces play it if he was chased into Chinese territory?

Not quite as easy to just go rushing into China is it?

CX.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

good point, but I belief he is one of the few people in this world who would not receive amnesty in any country. While we are leery of china becoming the new world power, we still have strong trade relations with them, and decent foreign relations. as such someone like Bin-Laden, especially if Chinese intelligence finds out about it, would probably be expedited to the states if caught in China.

I'm no expert but from my understanding of the current situation there would be no problem with China handing him over to the U.S.

Coven

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Maybe get him to help out with the relief effort.

I'm still inclined to think that OBL has been 'educated'.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Bush: "Osama, old buddy, we need a scape goat for something we are planning for 2001. If you agree, we will make sure your family will be taken care of and whisked out of the country to somewhere safe and we will put you into protective custody, then later when the sheeple of USA and the rest of the world is behind our war, you can make new video's to keep them scared and in our control especially if we need to take matters into our own hands again. Not to mention you will be looked at as a king of your people. You in?"

Osama: "Sure, im down"

I believe that the US government has always known where he is and is under their protection. They need him to help keep people in fear. He's probably at camp David or some secret base in the USA (no one would ever think to look for him there). But this is all just my opinion.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting little post. I don't know why it received such a sour reaction early on.

Lets just suppose for a moment that it is a fake story, that in itself is very interesting. Interesting that a respected news media would do that, and why?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I can think of a couple of reason.

1. to stir up more fear that he is still at large
2. to get public opinion to back the military/government more to go find him and kill him which = more $$$ and support from congress.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Not much of the public knows about this story

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join