It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I have felt like I've been waiting for years, it kinda gives me an anxiety feeling as if I'm getting ready for something, fight or flight i guess. I'm trying to go with it "The Truth Will Out" and I believe in my lifetime, 2012 ??

Happy waiting guys, but try to fill the gaps with happiness

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
heh.. im waiting too. im waiting for 2012 to rly see if there is brown dwarf friend. im waiting for wwIII, im waiting for NWO...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%. I feel like I am waiting for something also, and not to mention for some reason the night sky has been intriguing me for the past 1 1/2 years. I can't just shake that gut feeling that either something is coming or something major is going to happen. Well, can't wait until 2012 comes then I will find out if something is coming or nothing is happening!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
(Arthur)--All my life I've had this unaccountable feeling in my bones that something sinister was happening in the universe and that no one would tell me what it was.

(Slartibartfast)--Oh, no, that's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe has that.

(Arthur)--Maybe that means something: that outside universe we know some alien intelligence is...

(Slartibartfast)--Maybe. Who cares? Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say, "Hang the sense of it" and keep occupied. Look at me. I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway. Where's the sense in that? For a fleeting moment, they become fashionable and I get a major award.... I'd far rather be happy than right any day.

(Arthur)--Are you?

(Slartibartfast)--No. That's where it all falls down of course.

-- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yes i feel like i am waiting for something but I know it will be a few years... 5 years...

For some reason I'm not thinking about 2020 or 2030 or even 2060 its 2010 to 2012 its the kind of feeling that the survivors of a zombie shoot em' up movie have.

It's the feeling of the survivors that they are masters of their own destiny. I hope that feeling, that you are the master of your own freedom; that you shall not bow down to the elites, will come true someday.

If that has to be attained the hard way, God, bring it on.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

I'm so happy someone related this to Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide. I kept thinking about it while reading this thread and what others had to say. After reading the entire HG series last year, I couldn't shake the feeling of how much sense it could make, how I wouldn't be surprised to see all of this and what we think we know turning out to be a huge joke made on someone else's behalf. Eh, why not? Sometimes I feel that things just aren't to be taken as seriously as they usually are. But that's paranoia for you, I guess.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Waiting for pay day, waiting for the guy I like to notice me, waiting for the phone to ring, waiting for something massive to happen, I know what you mean...Its like there's a fantastic party going on next door and you're waiting for the knock on the door, for the invite to be part of that something.. I agree with another reply that It could be your soul knowing whats ahead or you could just need a massive change in your life, try something new be bold and take the leap or get spiritual enlightened...good luck

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have it too and it's a horrible feeling.

It's been going on for over a year, and the feeling of anticipation has been so overwhelming in the past couple weeks, that I woke up this morning, actually mad at myself because I..... I don't know I can't put my finger on whatever it is that's going to happen.

I guess I'm to the point if a shoe is about to drop, let it drop. If I'm going to hit the lottery, let me hit it big. And if the world is about to end - then end for heavens sake.

Let's get it on.Lol

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have felt like I have been waiting since I was a child. I've always been quite sensitive to "changes" around me. At a young age my grandmother was ill me and my cousins was outside playing ( me alone) and I felt my grandmother all around me and I've never felt happier or at peace (before or since) I thought to myself grandma just died...wow she is so happy. Well, I went in the house and everyone was so sad and trying to keep me out of grandmas room. I told them I knew grandma was dead and it was alright she was happier now. Anyways, about a 2 years ago I lost touch with my "feelings" so to speak. In January of this year I had an immense feeling of doom, followed closely by extreme happiness and a feeling of upcoming changes. I've felt happy ever since. Something is coming and it is going to be soon and it is going to be so great. I just don't know what or when. I don't know if it is global, or personal. Although it feels as though it is going to be global. I don't see what could be so great that would just affect me and my close loved ones that would make me feel like this.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i have also had this/these feeling(s).

part of it may be the consistent "not sure what's going on" with elevated gas prices, the new "terrorism", etc.

i think 911 rang a certain bell in people's heads that hadn't rung before. the only other wake up call i remember was in the mid 80's - the soviet / US cold war. but other than that, i NEVER had this type of feeling.

but back to 911. for pretty much most of us now in modern age, this was the first major social event that happened and it rattled people. i think buried deep inside now for a lot of people is that "what's next" sensation now. (i'm excluding vietnam vets and war torn minds to get my point across)

of course reading the many topics here most likely doesn't help as well on what ever level.

but i think that major blast of "trauma" we all got 8 years ago has put a little bookmark of fear/wonder/expectant in a lot of people.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Only reason I subscribed to ATS, been having this feeling "of somethin big about to happen" all my life. And for some reason it feels to get closer and closer. I'm also just an average guy with no special connections to any etheric or paranormal related stuff, might even call me bein a cynic, yet this feeling of somethin pending....
Either that, or I hafta visit a shrink someday

*editted for bad spelling, I'm sure there is more *

[edit on 27/5/2008 by d0p3d]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ever heard the phrase..."Hurry up and wait" ?

All of you are on the verge of waking up...some of you are ahead of others in your intuition and understanding...but the Matrix is about to become nothing more than a memory.

What IT is...will be decoded by each one of you on an individual basis, but in the mean time one can be productive and "wait" at the same time. Enjoy the anticipation like a child wondering what they will get for their birthday...because that is what I feel we are headed for...a birthday of unknown(at this time) magnitude.

Been feeling this way for sometime now myself...and can't wait to open the present.

reguards,

Holly

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I'm glad some one else brought this up... i've been feeling this since i was like 10 , I felt like something HUGE is suppose to happen. I always had a bit of six sense and I could never see pass age 30-35, seems black. Not sure what it all means but I think by next few years it will pan out, what ever it is and it's gonna be HUGE. Seems every year i'm that much closer to it, always thought I was the only one feeling this, but talked to many people and most feel the same way.

Maybe we're all become more synchronized or something really is happening around 2012 ... only time will tell!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've had the feeling for as long as I can remember. We all know something catastrophic is around the corner so it's natural to feel apprehensive, even excited for it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
See the text beneath my screen name? Yeah, I've been having that same feeling for some time now. I sympathize with you and the rest of my brethren, it angers me that I have it so easy and yet so many struggle and die daily. Hopefully we haven't much longer to wait.

i am the worm
i burrow deeper into my sleep
when i fall

i am the jackal
the fractal smasher
they grow from mine innards

kill die burn
sudan is simply a place i have never known
my life is so easy ignite

i will never have a feather in my cap
stab to puncture the lung
lose your breath as a jest

i am such a beast i want to feast on my failings
i keep stalling
i keep stalling

this will only ever be read by me
it is useless i think

[edit on 5/27/2008 by ExquisitExamplE]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
same oh same oh.. I have had a feeling like there where something worng or something coming, and it startet some years ago.
but it has just been some days since i saw this ATS site ( and love all about it ) and it what i have been looking fore.
but after looking and reading here my mind is sometimes about too bull up

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
11:11, that's the answer you all looking for; we have to move to another level where the spirit grow and we change as humans. So gets ready is happening.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know the feeling, I think it's simply because, the world is changing at a rapid state! Of course! You feel this way, because we are living in an amazing time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join