It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel like they are constantly waiting?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes,Yes,Yes i fell like everything i do now,i mean school and job will fade and wont be key in my development as good human,i fell like waiting i think for about year and a half maybe less.We should try to be good to each other and develop spiritually as much as we can.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I can agree I've been waiting for a long time for something major to take place in my life. Almost as if there's something I've missed but I can't put my finger on it. A Lapse in time that I either was to stupid to realize or my mind couldn't handle the truth in front of me. Who knows been this way for a long while now say about... 10 years. Whatever the occurance I personally feel like it's something that will shape the rest of my life.

To the posters that acual feel the thread has meaning to them... What are your birth dates.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I too can greatly relate to this feeling of "being in the waiting room." It's been this way for many years now, and one way of describing it is a general boredom with all the hub-bub, fanfare, and pretentiousness of life. I feel that I have personally evolved past this status quo and am waiting for something better (but it never comes and society seems to be "de-evolving" further around me). Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying I am "better" than the rest of society - but just sick of it!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can totally sympathize, I also feel something big is just around the corner. It's a cross between there is no tomorrow, to there is definitely a tomorrow, will be kindof like today, but a little more closer to certain goals and objectives. In some ways I don't want this big event to come and in other ways I can't wait for it to get here. Just a year or two ago I felt much different, I was alot more content, enjoying my wife, my kids, and life in general, but a tragic event occured and I haven't been exactly the same since. I recall knowing about this event before it happened and that it could be changed, IF I COULD REMEMBER to change it, but when the time came I didn't recognize it and now I am stuck in the timeline after the event happened.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've been feeling like this for the last 5 years.

About 5 years ago I was just an average guy with no interest in paranormal or anything conspiracy related, had a good career in a good job, had atheistic beliefs & never had an incling into anything spiritual

Then all of a sudden 1 day I had a need to find out about all things UFO related, I went & downloaded as much videos on the subject as I could find.
Once I had assimilated as much information I could find on the subject without ever coming to any conclusions I started searching for more information related to it & this brought me to ATS.

It was very strange for me at the time as I was so anxious about finding out more information & it wasn't just UFO it was all things paranormal.

So as I mentioned before I wasn't in any way spiritual & had an atheistic/scienctific belief system, I didn't really think I had a belief system.

Now I can't really pinpoint where or when this all changed but I started taking an interest in the sort of new age/pseudoscienctific beliefs & looking at things like recurring dreams, deja vu, synchronisity etc..

It was here I started looking at the ascention process & started to understand things about my psyche that I had never previously been aware of.
I used to have people who I hated because they had wronged me or somebody close to me & this felt like a normal thing to do. I would say I was emotionally driven.
It was then that I realised that they all have a part to play in our lives so we can learn the lessons they were meant to give.
Sometimes it's hard for people to learn these lessons as they get clouded in their own delusions & base their rational round self preservation & fear, which is all too common today.
What I learnt from all this is that it is only detrimental to ourselves having these feelings.
I learn more about the way I am from people & situations that stir negative feelings within me & I have to be thankful for that, no matter how bad the situation is.

I am getting to the point of this so please bear with me.

So I started to become more attuned to the more etheric forces in the world around us, the amount of synchronicities I notice now it's almost a daily occurance.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Very interesting, I've perused the comments here and I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Obviously i'm not. The fact that this feeling is so wide spread indicates that we all can't be crazy. I felt this way for many years and every year we ease a few steps closer to whatever it is or will be. I'm sure its similar to how slaves felt years ago, that one day we will be free, but "CRACK" the whip would remind them that that day won't be that particular day.

2012 Dec. 21st is the day that whatever is going to happen will happen, the Mayans were on to something. Before I educated myself to get to the point of understanding these things, and finding people of like minds, it was just loose thoughts and impulses that have driven me to discover for myself what's coming. Fortunately the internet has sped up my learning a thousand fold and helped me connect the dots. This is a special time for enlightened people and not so special for those who are still asleep. Very similar to knowing its going to rain based on the smell in the air. Only the observant pick up on things like that. Only the in-tune can put their ear to the earth and hear horses many miles away. I used to be fearful of what is coming, how can i protect my family and such, as i see things speeding toward this date. I've been able to predict things years in advance, not because of secret psychic skills, but because I smell the water in the air. But I'm not scared anymore because the same source that alerted me to this feeling is also telling me that if I focus on being real, positive and true, that whats coming will be better than it is now. But to get the dirt out will require vigourous scrubbing. This source is also telling me that we (the enlightened) are here to witness and help survivors through the transition. The evil have almost reached their apex, good must hang on to witness what happens to the evil. So that when we have to communicate it to others after "the great whatever" why it happened we can tell it properly so it never happens again. The lies and manipulation are being exposed everyday, evil is fighting truth hard. But we all know what will be victorious in the end don't we?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Absolutely! I'm with you and trying hard not to think in dire terms, but the best way I can describe it is that we are being setup.

For example, oil prices. I'm pretty tired of hearing the supply and demand lecture. Has demand increased nearly two-fold since last summer? But oil prices have more than doubled. There could be more output but Opec and related ilk have chosen not to. The result, everything goes up.

Something's going to break. Small businesses will struggle, some will fail...maybe many will fail. The dollar is inflated beyond all recognition and, I believe, is on its death throws.

Part of me feels like I'm getting ready to be told that we're all going to have to join hands and sing kumbaya in order to make this world a better place. Not that this wouldn't have merit done genuinely, but I detect more sinister plans are being made.

The question I have is what will we do if the feces hits the rotating oscillator? Will we bow to those so-called elite who want deperately to institute their brand of society or will we stand up like the underdogs in the movies right before claiming victory.

I guess time will tell...something's afoot.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I also feel like I'm waiting for something. Not just for a few weeks but a few years. Seems I alway get there too early and find myself waiting with the other early birds. Is it death, or is there something on the horizen that I have yet to see. I know whatever it is its big, but I also know from past history when it happens I'll go Whoo, and then start waiting for something else.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have always had the feeling of waiting but i never could quite fiquer out what for. Waiting for death i guess, i had a sever head injury about six years ago, i was legally dead for about a minute and in a coma for four days people always ask if i saw a light or anything like that, all i remember was conscious blackness but it was paradise i had no desire for any materialistic thing that our minds have manifested into reality, it was nothing but all knowing, all embracing, all accepting love, so i guess im just waiting to get out of hell and back into paradise, see how many people want to tag along

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've felt like I have been waiting for a change ever since I was in junior high. I am 22 now, I have been in the Army for 5 years, served in Iraq, and with all my life experience so far (limited only by age) I have come to this simple finiality. Life is no longer lived. We, as a whole, are ran like retarded sheep. Myself more so since I am in the Army, but still I know that I am in this pattern. I don't feel any joy in life unless I am with my girlfriend and her children. Only then, when we have no deadlines, do I feel like I am truely living life.

I say this next part in complete honesty too; I am on anti-depressants now. Have been for about 6 months so far, and guess what... still depressed. I am happy about being depressed, but no the less... it's still there. I know why too! We, as humans, were giving free will from the moment we are conceived, but at the moment of birth we are stripped of that natural instinct. We are FORCED to live day to day working for someone elses gain, not our own. I don't care if I am being paid 10k a month or 20k a year, I still own some one something just because I was born! That is the biggest load of b/s I have ever come to realize. No matter who you are, you owe people the entire time you are alive.

And why? So some NWO can take controll from our tax money, to use the citizens as paid-slaves to build a grand empire? I don't care why, I just know that in my heart it is wrong! I have been waiting for a major change... but I may not be alive to see it. If it were not for my girlfriend, I probably would just end my life really soon and be done with it, but on the same hand, I want to know what's going to happen next.

So in closing, I guess no matter the choice I make people will suffer. If not me, then those I love. The only truely caring thing to do is wait it out untill either A.) All those I love are killed in the FEMA camps
or, B.) Just try to keep myself so sedated on meds that I can't feel the emptiness of daily life

It really is enough to make a guy like me want to take that endless sleep. If I didn't have family or loved ones, the choice would have been made soooooo much longer ago.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If everything were to supposedly end tomorrow, that gives you all the more reason to appreciate today. Creation goes on in some way so all your fears are created in a mind that does not fully understand it's place in the universe.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Things are changing already. Something "clicked" in me on May 2. Now everything feels like it's getting quicker and closer together. Deja vu and synchronicities have increased well beyond the point of mere coincidence.

I'm seeing how all these events in our history are repeating and converging at the same time. I'm noticing all these connections and repeating underlying themes throughout movies, literature, and daily life... I've got an understanding of the universe and reality that I've come close to but never completely grasped, until now. It's been a real trip.

Things have definitely been exciting (and weird) for me these past few weeks, and if I'm just one of the first of many, get ready for a rush. It's not so much an information download, but rather a way of perceiving things that connects everything together.

It must have something to do with 2012, or I'm just off my rocker.

That's exactly what I have been getting for a while now, spot on the same.

Deffinatly not off ya rocker mate.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've been feeling this for the better part of the past 10yrs. Only now I feel like I won't have to wait much longer. It's like I am just going through the routines of living while part of me is aware of some MAJOR event that is coming. It's like I am on earth here, now, for this coming event. I have dreams about it and feel like the dreams are preparing me. Heck, I even had a strong urge to get in good physical condition and have been walking and weightlifting every day (don't know if it will really help, but it cant hurt). I also have been wanting to talk to family and friends about it, to see if they feel it too. I do careful probing but do not come right out and ask for fear they might think I'm crazy. I think they sense something isn't normal about things. I wish I could talk with them about preparing for whatever it may be. The feeling comes and goes but lately (past couple of months) it has been stronger than ever. Somehow I KNOW something is coming and it will change life on earth forever.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I know what you are saying. its a feeling as though somethings changed, like time stopped. It feels as this isnt the same world. I only just now started reading on this site. I never even knew it existed till I started searching for answers.
Something's happening, or something big is coming. Im not paranoid or crazy either. Although I felt I was when I first started feeling like this.
Seems lots of people are feeling like that as well. Waiting, just waiting for something, We just dont know what.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

As a newcomer to ATS, i am amazed at the community unity we all share. i too am waiting, wondering, every now and then i shudder to think of the future. I am a father of 3 wonderful children and i begin to cringe at the thought of their future, but do you all agree that this world needs to be flushed? i do... this world needs an enema!!!! please keep up the posts an wonderful humor, we all need to laugh at lifes idiosincrencys.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
hi,at the risk of sounding paranoid,i now exactly what your on about however i have had this feeling all my life(like alot of ATSrs) and the bottom line is there is no point to waiting around worrying about whats coming..if there is such a thing as the NWO or ET is gonna visit us!!or Armageddon is on its way,then its gonna happen..All we can do is live out our lives and try and figure out the puzzle and fingers crossed one day someone will stumble on the TRUTH

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This source is also telling me that we (the enlightened) are here to witness and help survivors through the transition. The evil have almost reached their apex, good must hang on to witness what happens to the evil.

Bravo! Yes, and it is to these enlightened ones that new information would come forward and be available. The evil are not winning as much as they used to.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Waiting ..its a common meme..for the baby boomer's we were sold the promise that science logic and reason would solve all of problems..we had some false starts..Thalidomide Agent Orange etc..but for most things we seemed to be on a rising curve. Little did we know that the moon would remain untouched for 5 decades and counting. Science would solve problems that industry can sell to the consumer which explains why SOLAR power has also languished from popular use. If a man has a solar powered house the large conglomerates are denied a guaranteed income. They are even now greedily watching the rise in oil prices and anticipating their own run at the American consumer.
We could have been efficient 30 years ago but we were not Hummers and Escalade's ruled the road and with no impetus to downsize or be efficient Corporate America kept on selling us the rainbow of cheap oil. Once again we find ourselves facing a war we can not lose..or withdraw from because we need the Government in Iraq to be very much part of USA INC. Anyone whobelieves we will ever leave is not facing the geopolitical facts of CHINA and her stunning headlong rush into the new century. The management of the Sino Russian threat means sitting astride the Gulf Politically and if need be LITERALLY until the conflict that is to come is won lost or drawn.
Iraq was a PNAC chess move gained by pretext and IRAN is next.
If I am waiting for anything it is for the American people to REVOLT at the polls and make a shift that DIEBOLD can not STEAL from them. To Put RON PAUL atop the Political heap and bring the Military industrial complex to heel.
Since that seems unlikely to happen, I ponder the purchase of stock that will weather the storms ahead and seek to find a place to secure my future of the vagaries of government. Fresh water ,good soil and seclusion.
The next decade looks decidedly more negative than the one that preceded it and the prudent would have all ready seen the signs ahead and moved.
I would like to say keep WAITING for change..but We NEED TO MAKE THE CHANGES WE WANT HAPPEN. Work diligently to re assert control of the political process. Reset the agenda. Waiting is wasting time and benefits only those who are currently in control. Its hard not to be apathetic in the face of such long odds but we all have to try. The Jew waited in the ghettos for the night that the NAZI'S came for them and took them away. If we wait long enough they will come for us all first one by one and then later as a group rounded up and herded into special zones. Freedom is a declining asset today and if we wait too much longer the assertion of our Constitutional rights will be deemed a criminal act. I have waited for long enough I can't wait anymore for the truth to be packaged and sold to me I have to seek it out and make a choice about what to believe and then act accordingly. If your representatives vote against your wishes then recall them. Deny them your funding. Cross party lines and support Libertarian 3rd party candidates.
Fight the idea that your vote is wasted and assert that it is yours to waste.
Split the unholy 2 party monopoly and send only those with the courage to speak and stand up for your rights to privacy, security from search and seizure , right to keep and bear arms, speak and assemble peacefully and your right of redress of grievance from the specter of Federal edicts.
Our children are too young to remember and so it falls to us..to show them how to speak truth to power and suffer if need be for having spoken.
I believe we can wait too long and allow too much latitude for the courts and the elected bodies and the country we now live in is proof of that. Dumbed down issues dissected into 30 second sound bites by talking heads beholden to one party or another by corporate concentration and political donations propoganda masquerading as truth and those who would question the party line marginalised as CONSPIRACY NUTS. We can not WAIT anymore

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK????

WE ALL WISH WE WERE KIDS AGAIN NO WORRIES LIKE WHEN WE WERE ADULTS.

THINK ABOUT IT??? WHEN YOU WHERE YOUNG YOU HAD NO RESPONSIBILITY'S NO WORRIES REALLY (MOST OF US) AND ALL YOUR LOOKING FOR IS YOUR 1ST EXPERIENCE IN EVERYTHING. YOU COULDN'T WAIT TO BE AN ADULT AND HIT A CLUB, BUY YOUR OWN BEAR OR PACK OF CIGGS.LOL..THATS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS I THINK FOLKS..

NOW THE THING IS WHEN WERE ALL GROWN UP! WE HAVE MEGA RESPONSIBILTY'S WIFE,KIDS, BILLS, F**KED UP ECONOMY AND WE REALLY SEE THE WORLD FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS..... BUT "US"(ATSER'S) ARE MOSTLY OPEN MINDED AND LIKE TO SEEK TRUTH SO WE WORRY MORE BECAUSE WE FEEL THAT WE REALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON IN OUR WORLD. WHILE THE REST OF THE PLANET IS IN A ZOMBIE LIKE STATE. WORK! WORK!! WORK!!!!

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Maybe its that our lives seem like they are pointless and we can only aspire to achieve meaning in our lives. The grind as some put it is but a shroud of darkness like a daydream only we are living it. The few of us I would say are realizing that this is all but a dream and we are slowly waking up.

Dazed, half asleep yet we don't completely understanding what’s going on. Our wanting to know and understand it all is what is keeping us from falling back into a deep, demented existence.

Perhaps the 2012 will be the awakening for all of us and for some of us it will make a little sense and we will be prepared to cope with the change, where as those who are jolted awake will be surprised and find illogical answers for what it could be, turning an unknown situation into something bad or dangerous even.

This are interesting times and we all know it.

This waiting, this anxiety for something exciting and different could be a turning point for us all. whether is planet x or a false alien invasion the point is that we are all in the survival mindset and are simply waiting for the shot heard around the world to act. You all are preparing for what you can not see and yet only time will tell. Its ok to be wrong just as long as you know why and act on it.

Maybe its that we feel so completely helpless in the chaotic world and we have not the means to turn it around. Its as if we are in stalemate and everything seems wrong but the big question is whether is going to change for the better or for the worst. Not to many signs for greatness, No Goals, No purpose. Nothing! Yet only more bad news which turns to worst news which keeps us in the coffin like bed that we are so afraid to leave, knowing that this is mine this is safe and this is where I will die so leave me in piece.

Tick tock, tick tock the minutes are passing around the clock no body know when your time is about to stop.

Make each day count. Nuff said.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join