It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To non believers in GOD. What in the world do you believe in? and why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Guided

I believe in many things, have faith in many things - just not in any god(s) or religious stuff.

Why? There is no evidence to suggest that these things exist. Simple as that!

G

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Why must I have faith in anything? Does your faith do anything for you except give you the idea that someone is looking over you and helping you through tough times. The business of prayer is nothing more than meditiation. The truth is no one is there, there is no santa claus in the sky who give a **** about you or anyone else.

I am forever fascinated by the believers who think that God controls everything, but never wonders why he sent them down a disease or tornado, or hurricane, death of a loved one or all the other crappy things that happens as a part of life, they are all so busy giving glory to God for the good things they never give him the credit for the bad.

If I get on a plane I will feel lucky and grateful that someone tightened the darn screws tight enough for it to stay in the air, that's it, I have no faith in anything or anyone.

When you accept the holy spirit into your life, you would understand what I am talking about. GOD is there. When believe in GOD and his words of the bible. All these things (earthquakes, tornados) must take place. As it is written in Revelations. It is awful. I don't know how I would cope with it if it wasn't for GOD. Do you have faith in yourself?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Maybe a better question would be to ask yourself why you feel the need to have faith in something out of this world. I understand why. This world is a depressing place sometimes, and to think that there's nothing more is terrible, but unfortunately we have 0 evidence to suggest that any of our religions are for real. Everything we generally "have faith" in has reason and logic to back it. We have faith in airplanes because we've seen them work. We know that there is complicated technology, and that professionals have dedicated a lot of time getting them to work. We can literally touch them and watch them fly. When I was losing my faith, I prayed constantly and desperately for God to please give me any kind of sign that he exists. I "sought" him out. I tried just "believing," but it didn't work. Believing in something that has no evidential backing whatsoever is simply illogical. I haven't ruled God out, but I simply don't have the ability to just trust that he exists when not only is there no evidence, but there's also quite a bit to the contrary. Honestly, I wish I could believe...life would feel so much better.

What do I believe in? Nothing. I don't know what's out there. It could be God, it could be nothing, or it could be something. I simply do not know, and that's ok.

I really don't have a "need" to have faith. I just do. GOD through Jesus has offered all of us eternal life. Simply just by believing. It's so simple. It is mentioned throughout the bible not to put GOD to the test. You have to have faith and he will be there for you! He will.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Personally, I don't believe in any one thing. I believe in the possibility of things.

I'm not saying you don't feel the presence of God, I am just saying, that I personally, have not.

And so the only thing I can believe in, is the possibilities of things being true.

Thanks for your post! From what I read you seem "skeptical" of alot of things. You can't be skeptical at all when it comes to believing in GOD. Once you truly do that. You will see. Your possibilty will know longer exist.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
If I'm honest,I don't know what I believe in. I know i don't believe in a god. But I'm open to the idea of the possibility of there being one.]

You allow the holy spirit into your life. I guarantee you will no longer question it!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Only i can help myself

You are absolutely right! What you chose it toally up to you!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
What can be said about your God? He's merciful? He cares for all that he created? He forgives all sins that are repented?

Say I break in to your mothers residence, slap her around and torture her a bit and then I decide to rape her and finally bleed her out like a pig to a very bad death. I get caught and all you can see is blind rage for the horrible things I did to your sweet mother. But while standing trial and sitting on death row, I repent for the sins I have commited and accept god in to my life as my god an savior. Would I be fogiven by this god? Would I be forgiven by you?

I believe in the Force. .

In order for someone to do something like that they have to have "Satan" on there side. So yes, if you repent GOD to rid you of it. He will. Forgiving would be extremely hard but, I would. Otherwise I would like my like angry, vengeful at you and GOD. I know it is not your fault nor GOD's.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
reply to post by Guided

I believe in many things, have faith in many things - just not in any god(s) or religious stuff.

Why? There is no evidence to suggest that these things exist. Simple as that!

G

There is evidence every single day. Miracles, disasters. All these things are in the bible and are playing out. Right down to the "aliens".I don't know if you have ever read the bible. You would see for yourself!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Guided

I used to be a christian, I fell for the promises and lies and used to pray everynight and everyday to God, when I was younger, I walked to church for miles with blisters and then one day woke up to the fact that the comfort I felt after prayer was nothing more than the comfort one feels after meditation.

There is no proof of God, he is a myth invented by people who had no science to explain life so they invented Gods and we are still saddled with the sad effects of the belief in God, look at the misery religion has caused, God is a lie and a dangerous one at that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guided
I really don't have a "need" to have faith. I just do. GOD through Jesus has offered all of us eternal life. Simply just by believing. It's so simple. It is mentioned throughout the bible not to put GOD to the test. You have to have faith and he will be there for you! He will.

Well, I'm very glad to see that you're comfortable with your faith. I wish it were possible for me, but it simply isn't. Believing in something that you have no proof for is anything but simple.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In these religious debates.

I always have to ask: What is a god?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose

There is no proof of God, he is a myth invented by people who had no science to explain life so they invented Gods and we are still saddled with the sad effects of the belief in God, look at the misery religion has caused, God is a lie and a dangerous one at that.

Your right about religion. That's because people are so divided instead of being one. If you are talking science. We are really no better off now then we were before. Science stilll can't answer the question as to, "Why we are here or why do we die?(I mean we know your heart stops, brain does not function). But why does that happen. No one can answer that. I feel except for GOD.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Well, I'm very glad to see that you're comfortable with your faith. I wish it were possible for me, but it simply isn't. Believing in something that you have no proof for is anything but simple.

Hi Herman! It can be simple for you too! I am no different than you. The proof is the word of GOD in the bible. For example. You know that Mars exists. How do you know this? You have never seen it. You are taking the word/pictures from men. Maybe it's all made up. How do you really know? You don't. You have faith in the men who are telling you this.

All I am saying is if you can believe the word of man about Mars, then why can't you believe the word of man about GOD and Jesus. Who told this information straight to man. I am not saying every word in the bible is exact but, the overall basis of it is. You have to give it a fair chance in your life.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Guided]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Great question Annee! Very hard question. I look at like this. God is our one and only creator. I really have no idea in my mind what GOD looks like. You really just don't question what is GOD. GOD just is. I know that's not much of an answer. I do know if you allow GOD into your life you feel his presence all the time. Through good and bad. GOD does something to you that I just can't explain in words. I hope this makes sense.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Great question Annee! Very hard question. I look at like this. God is our one and only creator. I really have no idea in my mind what GOD looks like. You really just don't question what is GOD. GOD just is. I know that's not much of an answer. I do know if you allow GOD into your life you feel his presence all the time. Through good and bad. GOD does something to you that I just can't explain in words. I hope this makes sense.

OK - but I do question: What is a god.

My version: I believe in Energy. In the beginning there is only Energy. Energy evolves into an intelligence with consciousness. All that is - is thought - thought Creates all that exists

The Energy Creator created our universe and worlds without end. I believe there are beings from worlds more advanced then our earth. I believe in "the Watchers". I believe god is a title - such as a General in the military. That gods of earth are only advanced beings.

IMO - man created the mystical omnipotent god of religions - - to explain the advanced technology of advanced beings.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Iquote]

OK - but I do question: What is a god.

Annee: How did you become to believe in that and that only? I believe in "aliens" as well. Except, I believe they come from Satan. Only because the bible says that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

from Guided

Annee: How did you become to believe in that and that only? I believe in "aliens" as well. Except, I believe they come from Satan. Only because the bible says that.

What is Satan?

Where do you get your belief? My guess is you were born into it. It is not "your" belief - but what was taught to you. You were assimilated.

I cleared my mind. I presented a blank slate to the universe. Then I listened.

If I say it was channeled - you'd say it was Satan's trickery.

Since I believe the "War in Heaven" was a real war between advanced power races over how Earth and humans were to evolve - - obviously I consider Satan a fear based man-made myth.

[edited to fix quotes]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Annee]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

from Guided
What is Satan?

Where do you get your belief? My guess is you were born into it. It is not "your" belief - but what was taught to you. You were assimilated.

I cleared my mind. I presented a blank slate to the universe. Then I listened.

If I say it was channeled - you'd say it was Satan's trickery.

Since I believe the "War in Heaven" was a real war between advanced power races over how Earth and humans were to evolve - - obviously I consider Satan a fear based man-made myth.

[edited to fix quotes]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Annee]

Satan is the devil(fallen away from GOD). I was nowhere near born into this. Non religious parents. Never had me baptised. I always believed in GOD though. Don't really know why. It was very important for me to become baptised at the age of 23. Chose catholic because my boyfriend at the time was. Don't agree with all Catholic beliefs. Especially now since the Vatican came out with the statement about "aliens" being from GOD and could be "forgiven" as you or I. I am in the middle of reading the bible. My own doings.

Where did your beliefs come from? Thanks

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Satan is the devil(fallen away from GOD). I was nowhere near born into this. Non religious parents. Never had me baptised. I always believed in GOD though. Don't really know why. It was very important for me to become baptised at the age of 23. Chose catholic because my boyfriend at the time was. Don't agree with all Catholic beliefs. Especially now since the Vatican came out with the statement about "aliens" being from GOD and could be "forgiven" as you or I. I am in the middle of reading the bible. My own doings.

Where did your beliefs come from? Thanks

Born into by society. Assimilated by associates. Doesn't have to be parents. We are a society of believers in God. Non-believers are still persecuted.

I was quite traditional religious/Christian at age 23 also - or so I tried to be because of society. 23 is kind of an idealistic age. My mom was into metaphysics - psychics - ETs back in the early 50s - before it became main stream. She shipped us off to church and other places with any neighbor or friend who wanted to take us - - because she believed you need to be exposed to everything to find your own path.

I just couldn't accept Christianity as real. It makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

The bible? Personally I don't know how anyone can believe it literally. It is a compilation of ancient scripts - written by man from their knowledge and perception - - - then translated by theologian students. If you are a theologian student - - you have a preconceived belief prior to translating anything - - which of course is going to influence your transcription process. So I hardly find it realistic.

I do believe there is truth in the scripts of ancient man. I just don't believe they understood all they wrote about.

Seriously - how would a caveman describe an automobile if it was transported back in time?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hi Annee. Fair post. You seem very grounded to where you stand, as do I. That is the most important thing. I never question what I believe in. I have to admit I can see how one can change in their mind after everything I have searched about on the internet. Reasons why GOD does not exist. Reasons why GOD does exist. I follow my own intuition and never let anyone else influence me differently. Won't happen. You seem the same. Thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join