It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To non believers in GOD. What in the world do you believe in? and why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I'm curious and maybe I missed it, but what do you hope to accomplish with this?

A better understanding of why people choose not to follow the word of your god? Or to push your views on other people? Or is there just a curiosity that you have of why? I think it's rather pointless to talk about religion. This person believes that and if he/she wants to believe that, then let them be. If it's and understanding you want, well, kudos. Just don't try to force your god on to people. Not saying you are, it's just not polite. That's why I dislike mormons and jaho...jehov...the witness people.

I would never intentionally push anything on anyone. I hope I don't come across like that. I don't mean to. I will tell the truth. My heart absolutely "aches" for people who know about GOD but, chose not to believe. I do not know any of yous on here. You are right, why should I care really what you believe in? But, I do. If you allowed yourself the chance, truly and openheartedly, you would know what I am talking about.
Thanks

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmiasma

Hi bmiasma! You seem to be opened to alot of things. If there is one thing you should read it is Revelations in the bible. It is not very long. The world is Revelations and it is being played out chapter by chapter right now. You should read it!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
That's why I dislike mormons and jaho...jehov...the witness people.

Just an FYI: Mormon's are not allowed to force their belief on anyone. They "witness" according to the bible. Mormon's are Christians and study bible scripture.

If a Mormon approaches you - they are required to ask your permission to witness. If you say no - in any way - they should leave immediately. If they do not - they are going against teachings.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The bible is a compilation of selected ancient scripts. There are thousands of ancient scripts that are not included in the bible - - from all parts of the world.

These scripts were written by men who interpreted events by their perception and understanding at the time.

As stated earlier - if you translated an automobile back to cavemen - - how would they describe it?

I do not believe in any mythical god. I do believe people of ancient times were visited by advanced beings - - referred to as gods.

Scientifically it is probable/possible these advanced beings had discovered how to time travel and knew of future events - - which explains prophecies.

Therefore - I have no problem from a science viewpoint believing ancient man was told of future events and wrote them down as prophecies.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
The bible is a compilation of selected ancient scripts. There are thousands of ancient scripts that are not included in the bible - - from all parts of the world.

You are right, Annee. From what I have researched about that. They all have pretty much the same ending. That was from the lost bibles. Here is a link:

www.sacred-texts.com...

Annee(quote)
These scripts were written by men who interpreted events by their perception and understanding at the time.

As stated earlier - if you translated an automobile back to cavemen - - how would they describe it?

You are right. The basic thing said was "automobile" which after interpretation still ended up mostly likely with "automobile" somewhere. Whether they could put it together? Probably not. After trying and trying they probably would figure it out. That's why when you read the bible it is open to interpretation. Generally the same though.

Anne(quote)
Scientifically it is probable/possible these advanced beings had discovered how to time travel and knew of future events - - which explains prophecies.

Therefore - I have no problem from a science viewpoint believing ancient man was told of future events and wrote them down as prophecies.

Why would they do that? If they could time travel into the future. Then they could theortically change the future. Couldn't they?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That which is not earned has no value.

You can lead a horse to water - you can't make him drink.

Sorry - have an appointment - must leave

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Annee: I hope I did not upset you. I didn't mean to. You could ask me a bunch of questions as well in regards to GOD/bible and there would really be no "proven" answer. You are right you can't make a "horse drink". I just hope that you are "somewhat open" to the possbility of GOD and haven't ruled it out completly. Take care.

SR

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'd pretty much say that Buddha nearly got the nail on the head in my opinion if there was ever going to be one 'religion' to follow although the Jews, Christians and Muslims i've met hate to admit the plain as day fact they all came AFTER and copied most of his ideas, older fables and each others ideas.

You can be a good person without religion i personally don't need a crutch to tell me what's right and wrong and how to behave amongst my fellow human beings and what i should do to impress some thing in the sky.

I don't need the addiction of belief either or to justify it to others. Although that kind of sounds like a contradiction by saying this LOL but obviously you have to break a few eggs to make an olemette.

That's just my 0.02

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Guided

i am a hindu,i belive that there is someone loocking out for us ,he created us ,but people say why dosent he help us the answere to this question is simple ,
WE ARE HIS BEST CREATION WE WERE CREATED TO HELP OTHERE THATS WHY WE ARE HUMANS ,BUT WE CANT HELP OUR SELFS HOW CAN WE HELP OTHERE ITS A DISASTER WE ARE DISTROYNG THINGS .
YOU JUST NEED TO HAVE FAITH IN HIM HE WONT GIVE YOU EANYTHING HE WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY ......

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhagat singh

Very nicely said! bhagat singh.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guided

Annee: I hope I did not upset you. I didn't mean to. You could ask me a bunch of questions as well in regards to GOD/bible and there would really be no "proven" answer. You are right you can't make a "horse drink". I just hope that you are "somewhat open" to the possbility of GOD and haven't ruled it out completly. Take care.

No you did not upset me. I tend to be blunt - don't take it personally.

I have "no" - "none" - "zero" - questions regarding Christianity or Jesus. I grew up general Christian - my gramma was Catholic. She did her best to make me Catholic - but even at 5 years old I found the rituals silly - having nothing to do with what I perceived a god to be about.

I am NOT open to Christianity or any organized religion. I've already stated I believe in an Energy Consciousness Intelligence - I call Creator

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
I'd pretty much say that Buddha nearly got the nail on the head in my opinion if there was ever going to be one 'religion' to follow although the Jews, Christians and Muslims i've met hate to admit the plain as day fact they all came AFTER and copied most of his ideas, older fables and each others ideas.

You can be a good person without religion.

I agree. GOD is the main thing here. Not religion.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Scientifically it is probable/possible advanced beings had discovered how to time travel and knew of future events - - which explains prophecies.

Why would they do that? If they could time travel into the future. Then they could theortically change the future. Couldn't they?

Prophecies coming true are not proof the bible is the word of God.

I gave a science based example of another scenario to explain prophecies coming true.

I made it simple by using time travel. There are other possibilities.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR

You can be a good person without religion i personally don't need a crutch to tell me what's right and wrong and how to behave amongst my fellow human beings and what i should do to impress some thing in the sky.

That's just my 0.02

Thank you.

Nothing is more annoying then god believers who refer to Atheists as "Devil Worshipers".

I know that is not exactly what you said - - but its of the same thinking.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

[
Nothing is more annoying then god believers who refer to Atheists as "Devil Worshipers".

I hope you don't think that's what I think. I do not think of Atheists as devil worshipers at all.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I hope you don't think that's what I think. I do not think of Atheists as devil worshipers at all.

NO NO Guided -- I don't think you are that kind of person. I think you are a sincerely curious nice person.

Sorry - I've been in a lot of religious debates - - someone usually throws that viewpoint in. It is so ignorant.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

From what I read you seem "skeptical" of alot of things. You can't be skeptical at all when it comes to believing in GOD. Once you truly do that. You will see. Your possibilty will know longer exist.

I prefer the term Rational, to Skeptical. I try to look at the things from both sides before taking a stance for either one; before making a decision, I like to have all the information available.

Do you buy a Car through the Buy & Sell from a private owner without taking it for a drive? Without having it inspected? Without asking how many Kilometers are on it? Before asking what kind of Mileage it gets?

Personally, these are questions that I need answered before I will write a Cheque. I don't think this is skeptical. I think its common sense.

I am not skeptical in the existence of God. The Possibility of his existence will always exist, until someone can prove either way, until then, I will continue to straddle the fence.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

I am not skeptical in the existence of God. The Possibility of his existence will always exist, until someone can prove either way, until then, I will continue to straddle the fence.

Hi CA_Orot: Thanks for your post. You do make absolute common sense. However, "straddling the fence" gets you nowhere. Proof, on why we are here and why everything is happening, I believe, will never be answered. What are your views? Thanks

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

However, "straddling the fence" gets you nowhere. Proof, on why we are here and why everything is happening, I believe, will never be answered.

Straddling the Fence is exactly where I like to be. For me Personally, i am somewhere. You might not understand that, but for me It means that I don't disregard his existence or accept it. It means I don't have the answers. It means I don't pretend to have the answers. It means that I am perfectly comfortable on the fence, because I personally don't feel I have enough information to make a well informed decision. If I am not comfortable picking a side, then why must I? I don't have to. Sitting on the fence is what is right for me. Personally.

I don't believe that these questions will ever be answered either, which is why I'd rather not take an extreme belief in anything. I personally don't have a need to believe in anything at this point in my life. I have a need to understand first.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

Well said! Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join