It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well hello Mr Spook! I was sure you would pop up pretty soon...

Just trying to deny ignorance here. I see I am too late.

But the door exists and no amount of your attempted sidetracking changes that fact. You slipped a long time back mentioning the "50 gigs of files you have on sensitive materials at work"

But it is not a door to the SIPRNET, which is what you made it out to be.

Again let me repeat myself I NEVER SAID IT WAS A BACK DOOR... I never implied it was a back door... I pointed to the FRONT DOOR with the warning notice and the fact you need a pass and be at a .mil computer to access it...

Let me make this clear so that there is no confusion here. It is not a door (front or back) to the SIPRNET.

BUT THE DOOR EXISTS and most people did not know this... and that is what ATS is for to SHARE INFO...

It isn't a door. If you don't believe me then have one of your "sources" tell you themselves.

Now I personally thank you for confirming your CAC access... I wasn't positive till now

Having a CAC access proves what to you?

So COOL HAND, have any interesting files you can share 'from work'?

I already told you I would be more than happy to share that info with you when you prove you have the clearence to hear it. That and a .smil or .sgov account to discuss it over.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn
Please, revisit the post, they do indeed both fit. English is the Kernels first language and while not garnering honors, he did quite well. Asinine? Ouch, too close to the bone?

I have revisited the post, Colonel Korn. What you're saying just doesn't make any sense -- unless, of course; you were joking.

The Kernel like ribs though. As an insult I can't see how as I wasn't even addressing you sirrah. Ah but I see something else now.

You weren't addressing me, even though I was the only one quoted in your reply? O.K.

I have to politely disagree sir. "If you are going to star him and agree with him... Ask me!!!!" That sir isn't a joke, it's a plea. Things are going South here, not that it bothers the Kernel, South is where it's at.

It was a plea made in jest, I'm almost certain of that.

My question now is, is this a 2 headed coin, or is it a triumverate? Damn, the Kernel's history teacher would be proud now.

It's an 80 headed coin, good Sir, and if you don't lay off trying to expose us, or it, we're going to have to have you brutally dispatched.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
I already told you I would be more than happy to share that info with you when you prove you have the clearance to hear it. That and a .smil or .sgov account to discuss it over.

not even one little file that isn't classified? Dang...

Well next time your in Vegas lets do lunch

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Not to interupt anything,

but regardless of wether this site is monitored by individuals or not ( i think it must be) it will surely be being monitored by some sort of super computer that picks out key words or phrases from emails...

and gives them a red flag....

no doubt tons of these phrases are thrown down here every minute,

unless im mistaken and they dont have the capability to pick out such words, then there is no way this site wouldnt be getting looked at by some branch of governmental security firm...

I hope all of you remember the "Carnivore" uproar back around 2000/2001...
those of you who dont, GOOGLE IT NOW, those of you who do, GOOGLE IT AGAIN!!

heres a couple of links...

www.eff.org...

www.wordworx.co.nz...

news.zdnet.co.uk...

www.online-tech-tips.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have just finished reading the entire thread - (don't ask) and it seems pretty obvious to me that a couple of posters here are PRETENDING to be half and/or semi informed. I guess it must be just one more technique for flushing out who knows what.

Duncan

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury

My question now is, is this a 2 headed coin, or is it a triumverate? Damn, the Kernel's history teacher would be proud now.

It's an 80 headed coin, good Sir, and if you don't lay off trying to expose us, or it, we're going to have to have you brutally dispatched.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Cadbury]

Ah, so there is an us. Not just a figment of an addled liver. Thank you for making that clear. Threats sir are a representation of a weak mind. Not that I don't take them seriously but I have a problem being intimidated by someone that may make chocolates. Poor ones at that. Do you have something further that you would like to add that will continue to amuse the Kernel?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

Ah, so there is an us. Not just a figment of an addled liver. Thank you for making that clear.

Ha-ha. You knew it all along, you old battle-horse, you.

Threats sir are a representation of a weak mind.

So is speaking in 3rd person mode, person. It's quite funny when used spairingly, but not in every single post. That would make you to be like a gimmick poster, Colonel.

Not that I don't take them seriously but I have a problem being intimidated by someone that may make chocolates. Poor ones at that. Do you have something further that you would like to add that will continue to amuse the Kernel?

And I have a problem with being intimidated by someone who's probably an undercover Colonel in the United States Military, Colonel. As for the "threat," don't take it seriously. It was an obvious attempt at humour, but I probably failed. What isn't obvious is if you are being humorous or not. You seem to be, half of the time, then half not. I can't work it out, but I'd enjoy it if you were joking, and have baited me into some kind of obscure southern style trap that I can neither detect nor understand. That would be far better than if you actually believed the gibberish you're typing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A reminder to all...civility and decorum are required. Please discuss the topic, "Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level," and not the poster.

Thank You.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

thank you MemoryShock, I was wanting to say something like that myself but couldnt quite find the words...

as great as a personal duel is, i am more interested in the topic itself and how it applies to all our other web activities we take part in...

there is overwhelming evidence which supports the FACT that governments are monitoring and analyzing pretty much every aspect of our daily lives...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes. But you still have to learn it just like I did. Just because you are 20 yrs. older than me doesn't take out the fact that I can learn it just like you did.

True, but you won't learn the same things I did and those things on top of the newest things still puts you well behind me knowledgewise, particularly in a day when "Certifications" did not exist.

My point was that anyone getting "Certifications" honestly knows very little. There is so much more that one needs to know that cannot be had from a book or a test or a class.

Perhaps when you are my age and have worked in the industry as long as I have, you will have the same view looking back. I would just about bet that you will.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hell I know i'm blacklisted. I'm a private person, so when I get contacted by people wanting to know what I know. I know I've taken it too far. I tend to keep my knowledge low-key now, but they probably just look at my net history and are just waiting to strike.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus187

Here is an old thread with a list of keywords from NSA Echelon in 2003

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wowsers off topic to ask to share info? Now ya got me dander up

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

But I see your point, but that is not the fact here. I didn't just take a test. I know the material. Your argument would hold weight if in fact I did just that, but this is not the case. I have the real world experince, I didn't decide hey I can't do nothing else in life so I'll try out this computer book. No, I grew up on the computer.

What is your stance here. You came at me talking about I don't have the experince to know what I am talking about. This doesn't even have anything to do with the thread. Please stay on topic. If you feel bad, start a thread on I dislike people with certifications that are not my age.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Originally posted by PokeyJoe

Once again, I am going to have to challenge what you are saying. The gov't holds information security above everything else, and to allow someone who is not holding the proper clearance to operate equipment or gain access to a network that is classified should result in the least an inspection by the IG, and at the worst a court marshal. You seem to think this kind of thing is funny, or ok....well I dont.

How about you go to anyone where you work or go to a scif nearby and try to gain access without the proper clearance....see what happens to you.

I don't know who you think is finding anything funny, but if the government really held security above "any thing" else, then 9/11 would never of happened, Pearl Harbor never would of happened, Oklahoma never would of happened, and counless events the government had a part in, both directly and indirectly.

You can challenge every thing, but this is from my account, seen with my eyes, the government, and the especially the people running it, are not perfect and the system doesn't always work.

Ok going to work with you here, I'm not a clerk or computer soldier. The computers we sign into, are "DOIM" based, which is a software type and that is all I know about it.

Yes, the rules say every one who uses classified systems should have a clearance, but they don't always have them. For example, some Military Occupational Specialties/MOS just don't need a clearence, like the one guy I mentioned. His job doesn't involve any thing that sensitive. Yet he still has access to a secret system, a part of his job requires he have to use the computer. He might have a "pending" clearance, but having it granted takes time.

As for gaining access to a SCIF, so long as the container is approved, any place can be used to store the info. Heck we used conexs to store secure containers while traveling to and from Iraq, just a steel box, nothing special.

The system is not as perfect as every one wishes it was. That is why bad things happen, and will continue to happen. Because some time, one of those not so perfect systems are going to fail.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I found your tag line when I started reading your posts here, hidiously funny.
That's all. I think my original post gave you credit that you deserved without trying to trivialize the topic. I just trivialized your certifications instead.

Muuuuuhahahahaha !

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I didn't know, because I never did a search or asked about it. My comment stays the same, not every one useing the system has a clearance. It might be pending, but they have no actual clearance, yet are still useing the computer.

Look, useing the computers is not in my job description, I'm not the tech guy, I didn't even know what a thumbdrive was until reenlisting ok, yes I know. Damn, where did that guy grow up under rock, but I'm serious.

Not trying to make this difficult, just explaining things from my perspective.
People keep saying it is a have to, or must, need, but not every one useing government computers have a dang clearance.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Are you trying to tell me there are ordinary folkes working in government offices

And not to worry about the rock... I know many good people with the same origin

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Shot Zorgon!!!

That was exactly the list i was looking for!!!
I had it in a magazine, and the dude was saying he attaches it to all his emails...
just to mess with them...

im about to do the same sort of thing.... We all should!!

hahaha

am i crazy?? potentially drawing their attention to me??

I dont think so... i dont really care all that much if they are keeping tabs on me after all, im keeping a close eye on them too!!

Cheers again for the list

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join