It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you Zorgon...I don't know how much more proof can be presented.

Although I think you have a few things mixed up. Its impossible for anyone to access SIPRNet that is not supposed to be there. Ok, well nothing is impossible I guess, but Ill just say that its never happened.

I think you might be a little confused, or perhaps gotten some faulty information on this "global" thing...there is nothing higher than JWICS, as there is no security clearance "above top secret". There are compartments and different shreads and such, but no higher clearance, therefore no need for a network higher than JWICS. I think the global you are talking about is the combined umbrella that is used for secure, classified, real-time information.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
You will also noticed as stated that SIPRNET uses TCP/IP protocols, in other words it CAN be accessed via the internet... (This issue came up during a thread regarding the hacker Gary McKinnon )

For God's sake this again?

You cannot access the SIPRNET without being allowed on the network. There is no way for you (or anyone else here) to access the SIPR side without the specialized equipment and access to either the sat signal, a secured phone, or physical connections.

Now for those brave enough to check it out... here is the internet portal for SIPRNET... be careful (no you cannot get in the door
) but I guarantee you that they WILL know you are knocking

I was brave enough, and I can assure folks here that it is not a backdoor to the SIPRNET. You probably won't believe me, but I am sure I am not the only one around here with a CAC card. I am sure someone else can verify it for me.

[edit on 27/5/08 by COOL HAND]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonm56
Its funny, because nobody that doesnt know me in real life will never know who I really am over the net, so Im pretty safe.

Talk about being naive

I have a search term for you

NSA ECHELON

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Secret Services runs many operations online. One prominent example was "operation firewall".

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

For God's sake this again?

You cannot access the SIPRNET without being allowed on the network. There is no way for you (or anyone else here) to access the SIPR side without the specialized equipment and access to either the sat signal, a secured phone, or physical connections.

Well hello Mr Spook! I was sure you would pop up pretty soon...

If you read my post I did say that you could not open the door... I am surprised an agent such as yourself failed to notice this... I merely pointed to the door for those here who did not have this information and the sign on the door says

Note: You must have a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) and originate from a .mil address to enter this sited

But the door exists and no amount of your attempted sidetracking changes that fact. You slipped a long time back mentioning the "50 gigs of files you have on sensitive materials at work"

I was brave enough, and I can assure folks here that it is not a backdoor to the SIPRNET. You probably won't believe me, but I am sure I am not the only one around here with a CAC card. I am sure someone else can verify it for me.

Again let me repeat myself I NEVER SAID IT WAS A BACK DOOR... I never implied it was a back door... I pointed to the FRONT DOOR with the warning notice and the fact you need a pass and be at a .mil computer to access it...

BUT THE DOOR EXISTS and most people did not know this... and that is what ATS is for to SHARE INFO...

Now I personally thank you for confirming your CAC access... I wasn't positive till now

I would say this is proof positive and a case in point about the subject matter of this thread...

But next time before you go gung ho... please read the post carefully... I do not advocate sneaking in back doors or attempting illegal access... but there are many public info sites available from the Agencies themselves that most people never even thought of looking up

So COOL HAND, have any interesting files you can share 'from work'?

three stars on your post amusing so there are at least three more

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thats why I love the SECRET OPERATION stuff it lets you get to the root of the source, way to go bud.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Great thread, and I could not agree more. If they infiltrate little 10 member peace movement groups, and spy on political bookstores,

www.aclu.org...

you can rest assured they will have a presence here as well. Especially since one of our "demographics" is that the members are well educated. Got to keep an eye on those intelligent ones.

Nice point though, about them not being new members that create an account just for one topic. I think that was an excellent "profile" you gave. Of course it would be someone respected, and who had been around a while. Just a "good 'ole boy." (or girl, women could probably gain trust more easily on the internet)

A good area to look according to your theory would be people who fit that profile but also start a large number of threads that would lead people to make strong comments one way or the other about the government. They dont necessarily need to be "anti-government" threads, even a strong "pro-government" thread might prompt a member to make some rather strong and unfortunate comments about our leadership.

We would not want to start a witch hunt here. (and for the pagans out there I apologize, I mean no offense by the term) But it is a good reminder out there for the hot heads who pop off and say random stuff without thinking that someone might be taking something you say in the heat of the moment very seriously. Such as this guy who thought it might be funny to claim to be involved with Al-Qaeda

dcist.com...

It may have been a joke, but nobody (including him now) thought it was very funny at all.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Did you read my post...two posts above this one? I pretty much said the same thing.

Why people dont believe the ones who use this everyday, and have vast experience with it, is beyond me.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You cannot even get on the SIPRnet on a .mil computer. The .mil domain is the NIPRNET!!!!!

I guess for the sake of conversation you could think of a "military computer" as a .mil, but that is wrong. .mil is for unclassified information. .smil is for classified.

And I have never logged onto a SIPR or JWICS machine with a CAC card. Its always been with a UNIX username and password.

What exactly is that disa site you linked to supposed to prove? Just because it needs a CAC card doesnt mean its classified. That site is not classified, or you wouldnt be able to get to it from this side of the internet.

Seriously, guys....some of you have just enough information to think you know what you are talking about, when you really dont. I hate to break it to you.

Oh, and Zorgon, a CAC card does not mean anything....you have to show one to get onto any military base....its just an ID.

Oh no, I just realized that the above post might be construed as rude to some people. Let me say im sorry in advance. :-) Puppie Dogs and Rainbows :-)

[edit on 27-5-2008 by PokeyJoe]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now I personally thank you for confirming your CAC access... I wasn't positive till now

Nice trap, whether it was intentional or not. Have a blue star.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
CAC card does not mean anything....you have to show one to get onto any military base....its just an ID.

How silly of me... it means nothing but you need it as ID to get onto a military base...

ummm okey dokey

Oh no, I just realized that the above post might be construed as rude to some people. Let me say im sorry in advance. :-)

It's okay I am not as sensitive as others here. I have seen you in the issues thread

Okay seriously... yes I know you cannot get in to the secret stuff from any normal internet access device...

I also know a lot more than I am willing to discuss in an open forum, as I am sure so is anyone holding one of those 'meaningless' CAC ID's

But I have observed one thing... every time this kind of subject is mentioned... there is instant reaction from 'certain' posters...

Now considering the fact that some people feel there is 'official' monitoring going on, I find the sudden interest generated by certain post very amusing and informative...

One thing is certain... they generate a LOT of U2U's

Edit to add...

Puppie Dogs and Rainbows :-)

Some kind of code?

Well the "pot of Gold' at the end of this Rainbow is two confirmations of 'meaningless CAC ID holders

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LMAO!!!

I hope that you are being humorous....

Just to give you some perspective. My wife has a CAC card and she works at the gym.

Every single military id in the past 5 years or so is a CAC card. Do you think its supposed to be a secret to have a CAC card?!?!?!

I wonder if you wear a tin foil hat to bed at night....

But you have it right about the puppie dogs and rainbows. It was a secret code. Dr. Evil is prepping the sharks with lasers on their heads as we speak. MWWWWHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: The interest in this thread, at least by me, is to correct the straight up wrong information that some people come on here and spout....and act as though they are experts, when they are anything but.

Talk about dis-information....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Could it be you?

Originally posted by jhill76
Also, there are guys on the domestic side that lurk around the internet monitoring sites like ATS just looking for any kind of uprising, threats, etc. A lot of people on ATS believe that if you write something, black suits are going to immediately knock on your door. No, this does not happen. First and foremost your name and all the information surrounding your post, blog, etc are put into a database and is tagged with a threat level. If your threat level is high enough then your files moves up the chain and a senior analyst takes over.

Actually people who monitor these sites are not even special agents, just analysts. If your threat is severe enough then you are looked at a little more. But again, agents are not just going to come kicking down your door. These guys are good. They are going to look at your previous posts, read a little about you on your bio. So in essence, if you are always talking about how you love Bush and love his administration and then rant one of his policies, you are not going to be looked at. But, if all of your posts deal with anti-Bush then you best believe you are tagged.

These are the "good guys"? The Kernel must ask if this is a projection of ones self. Personally the Kernel likes to project himself as a laid back gentileman. Honor in one hand and some corn mash in the other. I do question this due to the extent of the detail here. What better way to hide a tree than to plant it in the forest?

Then there is more to it than that. Then of course you have your analysts that are going to post like a normal person and ask you certain questions. Not directly though, but indirectly. They will agree with you and gain your confidence and they might ask: Man, wouldn't it be nice if Bush was taken out. If you agree, you have answered his question. But, the whole time you are thinking this person is just Joe Blow off the street, but, this person is actually an analysts that is inputting all of this information into a database.

Ah, now we have analysts. That's plural. The Kernel's English teacher would be proud that he paid attention. Sweet belle that she was. That indicates a team. Would a certain Joe that isn't Gumby be a part of that team? Two trees in the forest?

Just trying to shed some light on the intelligence community.

Indeed.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Secret Services runs many operations online. One prominent example was "operation firewall".

Hmmm I might have to reevaluate my opinion on the Anonymous ATS

Thanks

www.ustreas.gov...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn
Could it be you?

These are the "good guys"? The Kernel must ask if this is a projection of ones self. Personally the Kernel likes to project himself as a laid back gentileman. Honor in one hand and some corn mash in the other. I do question this due to the extent of the detail here. What better way to hide a tree than to plant it in the forest?

Surely he said "these guys are good," as in "good at what they do." Not as in "these are the good guys."

3 stars? What?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Wow. Exactly, when ppl get starts that means people believe them. Full disclosure:

E-mail me at: [email protected] and ask away

If you are going to star him and agree with him... Ask me!!!!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
Surely he said "these guys are good," as in "good at what they do." Not as in "these are the good guys."

Only time will tell as our language is fluid. Both fit. I will reserve judgement.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Why? Is my semilucid speculation getting to close for public scrutiny?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Only time will tell as our language is fluid. Both fit. I will reserve judgement.

No both don't fit, though. Read it back to yourself. How on earth does a statement like "these are the good guys" fit in anywhere, at all, with the context of his post? Do you think because you were awarded 3 stars I'd believe something so asinine? That's a boderline insult, Colonel.

Good grief. He was joking. He meant that if people agree with you that he's an agent, or "analyst," then e-mail him and he'll give full disclosure. It was a joke.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury

No both don't fit, though. Read it back to yourself. How on earth does a statement like "these are the good guys" fit in anywhere, at all, with the context of his post? Do you think because you were awarded 3 stars I'd believe something so asinine? That's a boderline insult, Colonel.

Please, revisit the post, they do indeed both fit. English is the Kernels first language and while not garnering honors, he did quite well. Asinine? Ouch, too close to the bone? The Kernel like ribs though. As an insult I can't see how as I wasn't even addressing you sirrah. Ah but I see something else now.

Good grief. He was joking. He meant that if people agree with you that he's an agent, or "analyst," then e-mail him and he'll give full disclosure. It was a joke.

I have to politely disagree sir. "If you are going to star him and agree with him... Ask me!!!!" That sir isn't a joke, it's a plea. Things are going South here, not that it bothers the Kernel, South is where it's at.

My question now is, is this a 2 headed coin, or is it a triumverate? Damn, the Kernel's history teacher would be proud now.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join