It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
reply to post by ADVISOR

2. You may work in some low level unclassified ho-hom government job that does nothing important at all, and you have heard some co-workers talk about other things that only have a grain of knowledge about.

I'm going to go with the above, "You may work in some low level unclassified ho-hom government job", for $600. please.

Thank you, my day has been made.
It is true though, the government, especially in the military, doesn't always follow procedure or requirements. While in Iraq, we had people with out any clearence, when they should have had one, operating FBCB2s and Blue Force trackers, even though it was classified "secret". Unfortunetly, need to know, plays a bigger part than classifications.
They were needed to do the job, and waiting for a check was out of the question.

I'm not trying to jump in this topic, with mine is bigger than yours syndrome, was just adding, from my perspective.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Off topic, but I am curious - what schools offer undergraduate and graduate programs in "homeland security"? I ended up doing a master's degree in public administration (now in a doctorate program), but when I looked a few years ago all of the schools offering a graduate degree in this area were not respectable (low ranked/diploma mills). I'm guessing things have now changed...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

I am currently attending American Military University. They are accredited regionally and nationally.

AMU

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I see. Accreditation doesn't mean much - the University of Phoenix Online is accredited. But almost no employers will hire someone with a UoP degree. However, I haven't heard of AMU so I'm not sure if its a UoP type of school, so I can't comment on that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Lol. Yea, honestly if I seen a UoP on a resume I probably wouldn't go with them. But, from what I have heard, AMU is mostly utilized my the military, especially overseas.

Plus, I have my foot in the door with the feds and I don't forsee a problem with anything for now.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ah-so, sites like ATS are being watched by the ‘monitor lizards’. I see. Well, then maybe a black suit won’t look too shabby on me. Oh and by the way, is the color level still ‘Peri-[wink]-el’? I’m thinking perhaps the color has taken on a darker hue of maybe more ‘mauve’, eh. [Never mind, it's late in the night.]

[edit on 2008-5-27 by pikypiky]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Lets just say I dont work for anyone, just look at this from a rational view and then reaccess my post. Anyone, either skeptical or an avid kool aid drinker, can understand my point, point being parnoia leads people to great exagerations. As for my employment nothing I say or through the net could prove anything, therefor I wont engage in it, plus its not healthy for me. lol Publicity equals death, ask Britany

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree that ATS is watched but I think its not some CIA sub contractor or whatever the case is. It's a lot more effective to just harvest all of the ATS post into a database.

I do believe agents are out there on "teh interwebs" doing there thing but in my mind the main question is man power. Would the CIA/NSA/ETC even bother to outsource such a menial job? Then think of the numbers of the goons they'd have to have in order to watch every half decent tin foil web site!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i know i read it somewhere most likely this thread,
someone was sugesting that perhaps ATS could cross check users IP's to see where the user is logging in from... eg Government, or NASA, Monsanto etc. etc.

i was wondering about the logistics of this but think that it could be a good way for ATS to remain uncensored.

someone also mentioned something about a sort of suspicion section on the profile page, where other users can put what they think somebodys "agenda"'s might be...

i think thats a pretty cool idea...
it would be interesting to see who would be suspected of what...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus187

Yes, actually SO has stated many times that you can cross check the ip. Usually this is done at the server level, unless they have some other type of software. He goes onto say:

One of the tidbits I didn't mention is that the thread has also been heavily visited by nearly every intelligence and law enforcement agency you can imagine.

But yet, people still believe, no one comes here.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

yeah it baffles me too...

youd think that most people who sign up to a site like this, with the slogan "deny ignorance" would be open minded and learned enough, to accept that a site like this, could not go un noticed by the authorities on some level...

Espionage is something that all governments would like to say they are good at...

After all.... Knowledge IS Power....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It doesn't surprise me that this site gets visited by LE and Intel people, with some threads or categories being of more interest than others of course. However, I see a distinct difference between the ability of this site's owners being able to determine the IP's of visitors, and your post title that "sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst (sic) and assigned a threat level (sic)". The first can clearly be done and here it is done, albeit without any guarantee that the IP's identify all LE/Intel "hits" or even that people working from those IP's are acting in any official capacity, but your statement, while quite possibly correct and not all that surprising if it is, is basically impossible to prove. In any case, how exactly does this imply a NWO scenario?

I'm not trying to put you down. I'd really like to know.

Thanks,

Mike

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
2 things here that I see:

1.) Jhill lists all of his "certifications" in his tagline. Those certifications are meaningless and its interesting that he used them. Anyone can pay for classes and take a test and pass it and get a nice pretty spiffy piece of paper, but it in no way means that the person knows anything of substance about the subject.

I've been working the MicroComputer industry since 1981 and I have some pretty spiffy nice pieces of paper too, but in contrast between Jhill and myself, I have over 27 years experience in the field that I work in. To me and the folks that I have worked for over the years, including the US Air Force and the US Government, Jhill doesn't know diddly (he barely has dried the water behind his ears). Its not a put down Jhill, just a fact of life. You have no life experience or hands on experience to go with those shiny pretty pieces of paper.

Keep in mind, they are not equal to a college degree, even though the computer industry has tried to make them look that way.

2.) Why would anyone on this site want to go to work for DHS or any spook agency? To be a part of the Problem ? To SPY on folks and report us all to their handlers? Hmmmm, you folks just need to think things through a little longer.

I have been alive on this pretty blue rock for almost 1/2 a century. Seen alot of things, experienced a lot of things. Wisdom I have plenty of. Knowledge I have and am seeking more, always.

Folks have to decide whether to take the BLUE PILL or the RED PILL !

And Jhill, I'm not trying to disrespect you. I think you bring a fresh view of things here. Just remember, us older folks can pass on lots of wisdom to you younger folks. Everything is not as it seems and as for us older folks, WE know the difference and you young bloods still have to learn it.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Evisscerator]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

[edit on 27-5-2008 by JimSparks]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Once again, I am going to have to challenge what you are saying. The gov't holds information security above everything else, and to allow someone who is not holding the proper clearance to operate equipment or gain access to a network that is classified should result in the least an inspection by the IG, and at the worst a court marshal. You seem to think this kind of thing is funny, or ok....well I dont.

How about you go to anyone where you work or go to a scif nearby and try to gain access without the proper clearance....see what happens to you.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the background info Jhill. You may well have achieved all that you say and you may well be charting a course for yourself in the intelligence industry, but is it authentic or do you just fancy yourself in that role? There's a big difference between a diploma factory and actual miltary experience or an advanced specialty degree from a traditional university. What better place to play a role than on the anonymous internet?

Somehow I think that a person who is doing all of those things at such a young age and in such a short time-frame would either not have time or not be so interested in posting on ATS and, at the very least, would not be broadcasting so much info about themselves and their intentions on the web - out of concern for their future employment prospects.

I still agree with the premise of the OP but I also think it's just as likely that a linguistics bot is collecting the data based on key search terms and subject matter.

All the best to you, OP.

[edit on 27/5/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i work for a government agency, and we do stuff like this, but to monitor the mafia and other organized crime and such. Any way, I can say that the OP is about spot on, that is procedure.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I was referring to his post about cross checking ips and that has nothing to do with my original post. Then I say, people still don't believe they come here, because a lot of people in this thread have stated, no one comes here.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I am not going into the intelligence role, I never said that. My role is actually just in networks. Wow. In my spare time, I do read upon the intelligence community that is about it. I have nothing to hide, I just hate to be accused of making it up. I can give you countless references if you would like to check. As a matter of fact: E-mail me: [email protected] and let me prove to you even more. Just because I am young does not mean I have never achieved it.

I am not worried about the e-mail address, as I can easily discard it and create another one.

Again, I work in networks and will never pursue the intelligence agencies. Do you know what they actually do all day, they just sit in an office all day, nothing glamorous at all.

I have time right now because I am off this whole week, also, school doesn't start for me until next month.

Lastly, what is the difference in telling someone on the internet or a stranger on the street. Can they strip me of my credentials, no. Again, I already work where I want to work, so how going to the University I am going to is going to stop me. I see it as a learning experince, I bet money I will never even use anything I learned from it. But, unlike other people I can NEVER STOP LEARNING.

Also, you stated that you think a bot does it, basically saying you don't know, but I will go my way. I just want you to do some research, don't take my word for it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Anyone can pay for classes and take a test and pass it and get a nice pretty spiffy piece of paper, but it in no way means that the person knows anything of substance about the subject.

That's funny, I argue that same argument to everyone I encounter. Wow, I mean I been messing with computers since I was seven, never really had a social life. E-mail me: [email protected], I will give you 10 people you can call, meet, or e-mail that can attest to my skills. I never studied for the tests, I took the tests blind and passed, because of my understanding of the subject matter.

My experince:

20 sumin years, technology has changed greatly. Every single day since I was 14 all I do is breath the computer. Don't tell me about experince. I know a 15 yr. old hacker who could run circles around you. These aren't the mainframe days anymore. Man, I could go on all day. But, I'll keep it simple. Computers are not like construction or mining. You have to relearn the technology today. Yes, the principles are still the same. Take Server 2008 for example. You are going to have to re-learn that operating system. In my case, I start with NT Server. What person my age can say that. Hell, I grew up on DOS 4.

Ha ha ha

Again, I never said I want to work for the spook AGENCIES.

I am working for the GSA as a network engineer. Hardly a spook agency.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join