It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 11th hour - What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The 11th hour - What do you think?

www.channel4.com

The 11th hour, program just aried on channel 4 in the UK
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just wondered if anyone has just watched this and what your views on the subject are? Is this a government cover up for something out of our control. Or are we really responsible for whats happening to us?

www.channel4.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
11th Hour Film by Leonardo DiCaprio hits home

I have just watched the film 11th Hour by Leonardo DiCaprio. It was very well done! Personally I believe in an energy from which we were created capable of showing us un-conditional love. The energy created the most beautiful things which we inherited as a gift. After all the best things in life are free!!

The beautiful blue ocean, the lush green meadows, the magnificent rain forests, thousands of variety's of flowers, plants, berries, nuts. The most weird and wonderful displays of sea creatures, insects, creatures all shapes, sizes and colours and it is all FREE!!!!

I felt depressed to even be on this planet at first but then some light at the end of the tunnel. It was nice to know that we are the generation who can now try to turn the mess that the industrial revaluation has caused to our planet. Of Course it isn't all down to industrial movements there are plenty other man made contributions and factors to destroying our beautiful planet.

It is so sad with our materialistic lifestyle that we can't see the cause and affect happening behind the scenes. It's only when well documented films such as this are bluntly put in front of our faces we can see how stupid a species we really in general in my opinion. (Please note I am not calling every individual stupid because thankfully there are also intelligent people amongst us too trying to put things right)

Why do some people believe they are superior to other animals that inhabit our planet especially when they are not destroying it WE ARE!

My husband is terrible always wanting bigger and better! He never seam’s satisfied with the TV, PC, music center. Me give me a little old fashioned TV with four buttons on it, a simple small basic CD player and I’d be more than happy to NOT KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'ES. I recycle everything; I have a compost heap, I by eco products where I can. It may not make a big difference but every little helps for a better, more hopeful future XX

I must admit I am a Leonardo fan and it's is great that he is so much more than just a pretty face!! Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just saw this movie on hbo... made me quite sad. I would love to move to this 'green' economy.. it seems so simple yet so far away because people are greedy and unwilling to change their lives.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Could somone explain to me the differrance between the distruction and polution cause by man..... or a meteor or asteroid impact that happens quite often.... or a massive volcanoe..... or CME hitting earth square on?

Stupid green people.... sooo soo ignorant.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Sure, there are a few differences. Pollution is preventable. The asteroids and such are not. The huge natural disasters that you're citing will instantly kill millions of people, the damage we cause slowly chokes out the planet.

It really just boils down to greed.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The planet will get choked and distroyed a hundred times over. You crying next to a tree because somone threw out a beer can is rediculous. Soon asphalt and plastic will become edible to the micro organisms....

we may even create a new ecosystem based upon breaking down the plastics we throw away. Just like the oxygen the trees "littered" created life as we know it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Could somone explain to me the differrance between the distruction and polution cause by man..... or a meteor or asteroid impact that happens quite often.... or a massive volcanoe..... or CME hitting earth square on?

Stupid green people.... sooo soo ignorant.

It's not about green people like green peace you moron, go watch the movie...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
The planet will get choked and distroyed a hundred times over. You crying next to a tree because somone threw out a beer can is rediculous. Soon asphalt and plastic will become edible to the micro organisms....

we may even create a new ecosystem based upon breaking down the plastics we throw away. Just like the oxygen the trees "littered" created life as we know it.

btw, examples like the one you just stated (edible asphalt, etc) were in the movie... showing us how new technology could better suit humans. For example, a dance floor that generates electricity from the movement above it.. so before you comment go watch it because it has nothing to do with tree huggers..

btw I wonder if you are an a-hole in real life.. maybe it just comes across that way on the pc.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by porky1981]

new topics

top topics

join