It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Who cares what she says? I don't criticize her, she makes an interesting proposition...what have you heard about China regarding Tibet since the earthquake? Nothing, if anything this has helped the Chinese government divert attention away from Tibet. China does some shady things and I suppose if it's in your belief system this seems reasonable...but it's definitely not a mainstream view point.

Who cares the mainstream view point? People just want to live their own lifes. US does more shady dodgy things than China does.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Shameless! Is this so-called humanity and human rights? If you really care about people and respect human being, you should feel sorry for the victimes. Humanity should go beyond politics and your prejudice. This is just the example of showing how hypocritical and shallow you are. Americans like you standing there thinking you guys know everything! Stupid.

The argument of whether she really means it's a Karma or not is not the point. The point is that you can feel that in her mind she does not care about the loss of lives of over 60 thousand innocent people including many Tibetans, even after she received 'a lesson' from the Tibetan Union. She doesn't care, her friend is more important and touching to her. I feel nothing but selfishness, hypocritical and shallow. Shame!
- A girl from Shanghai China

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

Truth is always truth, on one can make a change to it. I don't know if you r a big Sharon Stone fan or something. But what Sharon Stone said really hurt the kids & innocent people who died because of this earthquake. Otherwise, this video is not from a so-called "Chicoms"TV like you said. It is from a Hongkong or oversea Tv station. Sharon Stone said that what Chinese government did is wrong. I don't know why she made this comment. But did she ever been to Tibet after 1949? Absolutely not! The people's life become greater than before and Chinese government really put lots of effort in this region. About freedom, the Tibetans always have their religious freedom there!!!! So if you what to make any comment especially in front of the public, please get to know the truth first!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its ignorant when the religious right uses language like this and its equally ignorant coming from the left.

Sharon... do us all a favor and SHUT UP!!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
She's crazy ... she's telling that all of the 65.000 dead ... and 200.000+ injured and stay homeless ..... because of karma? She should meet Hillary - they would be best friends ...
If she was right there would be a massive earthquake in USA every day .... not just USA - all over the world ..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

Is it a karma that Sharon Stone's childless due to something wrong she did in the past?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, what I've learned from Sharon is, if you are on my side, you are human beings as well as me, if you are on the other side, sorry you aren't. Also I believe this is the phylosophy of Sharon's supporters, especially the one called this a punishment from God to Chinese people.

I now fully understand the definition of human rights given by you. I now as well understand why you are asking us to improve the "human rights". Come on, pray to your god for everyday wishing most chinese people die the next day when you wake up. That might be your best way to implement your "human right" plan, right?

Not only me, but also many many chinese people, we've learned a lot. Thanks you!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
did she know lots Tibetans dead in this quake?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Can't believe all thge hate for Sharon Stone. I think she is more intelligent than most of the folks on this site, I would love to have some intimate coversation with her.

How can any of you prove that this is not Karma? How do any of you know that the Chinese actions did not cause an energy shift on earth, which culminated in the Chinese earthquakes? You don't, then again Sharon Stone doesn't really know either. I believe we are all part of the same field of energy and that major shifts in consciousness can cause some major earth changes. At least that is what my basic instinct tells me.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think it's the same as saying 911 is a karma except that was a man-made disaster. she's heartless.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarzar
Sharon Stone DID not say that the earthquake is karma.

This is another prove how manipulative the Chinese media could be and how biased are some of the Chinese here.

Here is the transcript I quickly made. Judge for yourself what she is actually talking about. Obviously it is totally different:

And then all this earthquake and all that stuff happened and I thought: Is that karma - when you are not nice that the bad things happen to you? And then I got a letter from the Tibetan foundation that they wanted to go and be helpful and that made me cry. And they had asked me whether I would write a quote about that. And I said I would. That was a big lesson to me, that sometimes you have to learn to put your head down and be of service even to people who aren't nice to you. And that is a big lesson to me.

You made a transcript? Based on which version of the interview buddy? Are you missing a big important part? You have conveniently not added the first part of what she had said. By not adding it, that simple sentence is totally out of context and make what she had said looks much better than the message she is spewing out. If you do decide to make a transcript, make it from the whole interview and not only conveniently making it less worse than it is.

Also right from the beginning she is bashing on China, and not one single compassionate word about the 65,000 victims! This makes me even more sure that she totally believe in her so-called karma accusation and implying that everyone who felt victim to this disaster DESERVED it. Well, I don't know about you, but I bet I know what she deserves now.

There is another thing in that video that bothers me even more. Do you see that on the frames with Sharon Stone the Chinese television is blurring one of the reporters microphone with the intention of not showing which TV he is working for. Why would they do such a strange thing? Could that be one of those independent Chinese stations that makes the Chicoms really feel uncomfortable (like NTDTV)? Awaiting your comments?

Normal to not make advertisements for others. Hong Kong news always do the same, especially the paparazzi ones. Taiwan idem dito, and they do that even more with bought footages, in which they simply blur the logos.

[edit on 26/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
She's so stupid, what about some poor little kid that gets a chunk of concrete crushing her skull, is that some gods devine power, I would never want to worship a god that can murder an innocent child. But I can understand how a simple mind could think this, look at the major disasters in the world and where they are, China and Myanmar, 2 of the worst countries as far as repressing people and a history of murdering innocents, they deserve punnishment and need change, so a simple religous mind goes straight to devine power, but this doesn't punnish or change, this is just more innocent people dying randomly.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sorry, Sharon, pretty sure it's platetechtonics and not karma that's causing the earthquakes, but you still get points for breathing.

I'll believe she's an expert on karma as soon as I believe Al Gore is an expert on the environment. Which is never.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Sharon Stone implied that the earthquake was a KARMA. Then she moved on to do propaganda for the so called 'Tibetan Foundation'.

She is not as stupid as some of you commented on. She is just cold-blooded and manipulative, using a natual disaster with a loss of innocent of many lives to boost her own political cause.
Much worse than being just simply brainness.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
You made a transcript? Based on which version of the interview buddy? Are you missing a big important part? You have conveniently not added the first part of what she had said. By not adding it, that simple sentence is totally out of context and make what she had said looks much better than the message she is spewing out. If you do decide to make a transcript, make it from the whole interview and not only conveniently making it less worse than it is.

Also right from the beginning she is bashing on China, and not one single compassionate word about the 65,000 victims! This makes me even more sure that she totally believe in her so-called karma accusation and implying that everyone who felt victim to this disaster DESERVED it. Well, I don't know about you, but I bet I know what she deserves now.

I thought the first part is unimportant, nor did I wanted to waste time in that. Well did not you said you are Buddhist as well? I know perfectly well how Buddhism treats these kind of issues, and you probably know that as well. These religions talk about past lives, rebirth, samsara, etc. The law of karma permeates all these.

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

Normal to not make advertisements for others. Hong Kong news always do the same, especially the paparazzi ones. Taiwan idem dito, and they do that even more with bought footages, in which they simply blur the logos.

[edit on 26/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

Thanks. Interesting.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You anonymous Chinese brothers are getting better organized these days. Cheers! I don't see many non-Chinese people reading this thread. No need to waste much time here

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

It's understandable that this thread attracts more attention from Chinese. Because it's inciting to us. I googled "Sharon Stone earthquake" after I heard about the karma comment, which directed me here. I only registered yesterday. Zarzar, you really don't need to waste your time defending Stone's comment, which just shows that you are as cruel as her. Different societies may have different moral standards, but there is lowest standard: people should not humiliate dead innocent ones.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join