It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001

Originally posted by zarzar
Anyway, I was working in the area of human rights throughout the years, and I think what we have done both domestically and for the oppressed countries had a good result. In our case we could not just stay and watch quietly all those dictators doing a serious harm to people in the countries they have the power. We had to speak out and we will always do that, either individually or not. That is our moral obligation - at least for us.

Obligation? Is that called moral superiority complex?
Are you sure Chinese people need your "obligation"?
Are you going to persuade Chinese people that those separatists who
want to split their country is NOT their enemy but their friend?
I guess that must be a toooooooooo hard work.

The separatists you are talking about are just normal people that want to live a peaceful life. If it was not for the cultural genocide of the Communist party there would not be any talks even for autonomy.

There are millions of Chinese people that I could help and they dream of our help. Even if they amount to a small percentage of the Chinese population, I am still going to extend help. There are millions of people in the world that I could and I want to help as well. That is what I believe in and that is what many of us here believe in.

You could spare your bad manners of insulting. It is bad for your image and the image of your nation.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

if ur 80m means the FLG practisers persecuted by the CPC, i doubt it. we have only 1.3 billion ppl. a masacre as large as that scale could no way be coverred from our eyes. maybe u means some other victims, not to my knowledge. I think you barely know how difficult it is to feed 1.3b ppl in such a formerly backward, invaded, badly racked country. but i'v to admit, i'm not FLG practicer, and i have no idea what they have experienced because of their religious belief. Yea, I'm just an ordinary civilian and most of the time just care about my own business.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry for all in distress for whatever reasons. I think we are culturally divergent. We put more emphasis on the interest of the family, the group, the country, while you cherish personal freedom. You might think the interest of a small portion of the population is more important and their wishes shall be respected and supported. but are you sure all they want is only "peacefulling living". I'm not sure. I guess most of the ppl have not access the full picture of some history or events. We judge by what we hear, read, see, but is it enough for us to draw a fair conclusion? I'm not sure. I think I have enough freedom to lead a peaceful life in china per my own experience, and so do most of my friends and acquaintances. I don't know what kind of pursuit would have plunge these u mentioned into that tragic situation. I guess the gap between we chinese and u westeners will never be bridged, not that I may live long enough to witness.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
zarzar sounds like a radical anti china activist.but thank god,most people here either westerners and chinese are sharing similiar attitude on this thread,he is just a nasty individual,we can forget about him.some people cant tolerate to see the fact that china is rising amazingly fast and becoming a world power.let them grind their teeth and hit the ceiling.the more furious they are,the more happier we should be.cause we know our country is racing to the top of the world.they are lefte behind further and further.we should just focus on one thing,developing the economy and making china rich and strong.now we are on the right track,they can make noise,but who cares,noise can not stop our dynamic development.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
thanks for the kind comments made by most ATS users here,your heart is in the right place.thank you!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarzar
The separatists you are talking about are just normal people that want to live a peaceful life. If it was not for the cultural genocide of the Communist party there would not be any talks even for autonomy.

There are millions of Chinese people that I could help and they dream of our help. Even if they amount to a small percentage of the Chinese population, I am still going to extend help. There are millions of people in the world that I could and I want to help as well. That is what I believe in and that is what many of us here believe in.

You could spare your bad manners of insulting. It is bad for your image and the image of your nation.

Have you ever been to China?
Tell me what help have you extended to those "millions of Chinese people"?
Have you ever been to Tibet?
If not, pay a visit to Tibet and talk with local Tibetan instead of
former slaveholder.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by gs001]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

There are millions of Chinese people that I could help and they dream of our help

sounds crazily condescending,tell us how can you help us,i think we chinese people have more realistic ways to help you,go and check how many things you cant live without are made in china.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I find it interesting that Stone is part of the liberal Hollywood crowd who gave so much grief to Pat Robertson when he suggested Katrina was punishment for new Orleans sinful ways.

Add hypocrisy to the liberal list.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There are millions of Chinese people that I could help and they dream of our help.

wow, this one actually make me laugh loud.

seriously, are you sure you are not just kidding??? cuz it's really sound like Lex Luthor is dying try to help Clark out.
like we are reeeaaally want you to "save" us or the "evil Chinese government" will kill us all.
well, anyway. who knows, maybe the people in the middle esat or those black slaves will agree you more than we do.

and 80 million??? wow that's nearly 10% of Chinese population. can you so called "human rights" dude be a little honest with people?? cuz you're not only talking nonsense , but also humiliating yourself.

btw: don't tell me that your number is coming from one of those FLG fancy website or anyother western government raised anti-China group website or that can be easily self updated wiki site. cuz it's only making you look worse.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zhangxi0183]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
seems like zarzar has successfully lead us off the topic.

so, why don't we stop the trash talking and stick back to the topic we suppose to talk about.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I seriously wonder what that vaccum head would say about 9/11. It's not even a natural disaster. What about her brain tumour? Must be getting bigger judging from what her notion of "karma" is. To bring that sort of slur on to hundreds of thousands of innocent people, most of whom children, is simply malicious totally biggotted. Shame, shame, if that's what super-star quality is all about.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
China enjoys rare moment of global support

The country won long-sought international sympathy for its tragic earthquake and rapid government response.
By Peter Ford | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

from the May 27, 2008 edition

Compiled by Leigh Montgomery

Beijing - In an unexpected silver lining to the tragic Sichuan earthquake, China's international image has enjoyed dramatic improvement over the past two weeks as people around the world react with sympathy for the victims and admiration for Beijing's immediate response.

Beijing's rapid response was encapsulated by the hands-on efforts of Prime Minister Wen Jiabao, who flew with other government officials to Sichuan Province within two hours of the quake. Television crews followed him for the next several days directing rescue efforts, shouting encouragement to buried survivors, and comforting bereaved parents.

Mr. Wen made his second trip to the quake zone last week, where pressing problems remain: A strong aftershock on Sunday killed at least eight people, and looming storms heightened fears that rivers and reservoirs clogged by landslides and quake debris could flood.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I remember seeing Elvis Presley interviewed on TV when I was 7 years old. At that time, he had 100 times the "star power" Sharon Stone could ever have. He was adored.
The interviewer asked a string of questions about morality, politics and the Vietnam war. Even though he surely had his opinions, Elvis replied: "I don't know about all that, I'm just an entertainer." I always thought that was cool.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
oh my goodness! just now i went to yahoo new,just out of curiosity i typed "sharon stone karma "in the searchbox and clicked search.it came out tons of that report and comments,she is being personally attacked by the people around the world,mostly americans.the poor lady now is under ferocious fire.i kinda feel pity for her now,what a stupid woman,one silly and heartless remark got herself into such a big mess.

come and check them out,she is not very bright but doesnt deserve this.let's cut her some slack and let her go this time.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by haidian]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by haidian

Too late...the horse is out of the barn, as they say.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

just like Brad Pitt,the main actor in the movie "Seven Years in Tibet"
when being asked about his opinion about tibet,he replied:

"Who cares what I think China should do (about Tibet)?" he told Time magazine. "I'm a #ing actor ... I'm a grown man who puts on makeup."

i think being an actor,not a politician,it is ok to say that you dont know much.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join