It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
during an interview, Sharon Stone said she heard about the earthquake and she said it is interesting and she think that earthquake happened in China SiChuan province Wenchuan county is karma because she don't like what China did. and she stressed that dalailama is her friend.

btw: Wenchuan county is located in Aba autonomy region, Sichuan province. there are not only Han Chinese but also tibetan Chinese and qiang Chinese living in Aba autonomy region. the population of tibetan Chinese living in Aba autonomy region is 52.9%, qiang Chinese is 17.7%, hui Chinese is 3.2%, and Han Chinese is 26.6%

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
And this is why celebrities should stick to doing movies...and people should not listen to their opinions more than anyone elses.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Since when can Sharon Stone form a rational sentence?

Stick to the drugs and your crazy lifestyle, how ironic, i wonder what will happen when HER karma comes and bites her in the rear?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Holy hell! What is this woman smoking? These celebrities are so removed from reality.

I wouldn't call 60, 000+ people dead and missing as a simple act of 'karma'. Damn, karma hey, can she prove this? What did all of those people do individually to 'deserve' being hit by an earthquake?

If a similar incident struck the United States, even on a much smaller scale, and an Arab-equivalent celebrity (hey, I'm sure there must be some!) said that it was the work of Allah or something, it'd be WWIII.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Im sick of bull# celebrities misunderstanding the concept of karma and spouting off more than their intellect allows.

This is a gross misappropriation of the concept of karma, and does not conform to the laws of the universe.

The woman is plain stupid if she can equate the actions of an unelected communist dictatorship with the effects upon the poor enslaved chinese people.

If the quake were down to Karma, there wouldnt be a single citizen's house collapsed, while there would be numerous damaged government buildings.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
she is a psycho in those movies,never thought about she actually is also a psycho in real life.what is her opinion about the 9.11,hurricane katrina,asian sunami...will she say the same?

[edit on 25-5-2008 by haidian]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sounds somewhat sanctimonious of Ms. Stone to assume its karma. At least to me.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Come on everyone; give her a break, its got to be difficult getting up everyday and have to like say non-scripted lines!

I mean it’s like soooo difficult to be asked like really intense questions and then in like just a few seconds respond with like made up words, all of my own! And, I know this really cool word called Karma, it’s like what happens to all those very bad people that make me sad, like all those very bad little children who I saw with their little hands sticking out of the rubble with like their little pencils. Well they have to be bad right? Anyway, I'll like ask my really cool friend the Dali Lama next time I'm donating to his Karma fund against like bad people?

I guess she missed the teaching sutra on cultivating compassion?

But, in the vain of understanding and compassion (and cheap jokes aside) she has at least spoken correctly about issues that affects her own country and that’s commendable for someone in the film world.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OMG! Who cares what celebrities think? Their job is too look fabulous with hair, makeup, clothing and plastic surgery and smile widely for the camera and that's all! Now I hear garbage such as 'karma' as an explanation to why this natural phenom (i.e. earthquakes) occurred in China. Personally, I think there is an alien war raging underneath our feet (or underground) as we speak and they are using radioactive weapons. It's all nonsense. Hogwasssh!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When is society going to get past blaming misfortunes on gods or karma?

I sometimes feel like we're living in the middle ages still.

How primitive is this type of thinking?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
She is not very articulate. But in the whole context, she seemed to make a point that she was wrong to think it's karma and have negative thoughts, but the Tibetan foundation has helped her to realize otherwise.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It was a shock for me to hear her interview, and wondered how could she say that.
One thing must be very common for this world, whatever you are, just as a humanbeing.
Natural disaster has nothing to do with politic.
I am not against your political opinion, but you might be not so "cold bloody" towards the victimers, who lost their lifes and loved of family.
I might ask you to consider it again. please!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
can't believe this....she's talking about the loss of tens of thousands of human beings here, and those children. Even tho myself does not like China that much, but what she's saying is def across the line. shame on her.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join