It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on that @%! website again?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Well, I figured it was only fair that I got him hooked since it was his fault I am here…in a round about way. We have always had conspirital type discussions, and when he told me about Nibiru I started the search for info which in turn led me here.

Now we have great discussions. “Did you see the thread about…..” to which my wife just rolls her eyes.

Some things we agree on others we have heated discussion on so it is kinda like ATS but in person…

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've just discovered another problem with ATS addiction. It's cutting into my online gaming. I've got an entire clan wondering what happened to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Sometimes I wish that someone in my family was into this as well
Rush

Noooooo! No family! (Brothers/Sisters is ok)

Involving family into ATS is like Parents liking their childs Techno/metal/whatever band music... once that happens, IT'S JUST NOT COOL ANYMORE!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Agreed. Gaming suffers bad! And I hate to admit it, but it also has been eating into my YouTube watching time!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
It's cutting into my online gaming. I've got an entire clan wondering what happened to me.

Hi Deson. You are killing me dude. LOL I'm going to suggest that you keep the ATS addiction and drop the gambling addiction. ATS is freeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! And we won't break your kneecaps if you don't log in for a week. lol

Originally posted by LI(f)E.
Involving family into ATS is like Parents liking their childs Techno/metal/whatever band music... once that happens, IT'S JUST NOT COOL ANYMORE!

You've got a great point LI(f)E. LMAO because that's exactly how my teenager feels if I even dare mention that I like one of those songs that she listens to....of course, that would be rare for me to like any of those songs.....kids w/ anger issues screaming into a mic. But she says, "well, I don't like it anymore." Jeez. So yep, I think I will keep it all to myself.

(hehe) Rush

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Oh my, no gambling involved (Unless you count wondering if that monster will kill me or I will kill it when I attack it!) That's a gamble!! Lost that bet a few times.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Oh Jeez, Deson. I'm cracking myself up. I thought you said gambling. LOL HEHE

I get it now....gaming. I must not have had my fountain coke yet.

Rush

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

See thats the problem with parents, they just don't think!
If i had a child who was listening to bad music, i would rock up to their school to pick them up blasting "insert horrible band here" and singing loudly.

That way i get them not liking the band and i embarrass them as well. How cool is that!

[edit on 14/7/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

HEHE. You are talking to the queen of 'reverse psychology'. You are talking my game. Love it!!

BTW....I finally saw the koalas, LI(f)E. Soooo cute. Check out the pics in my "Koala Loving Rush" thread.

Rush

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

I am going to assume that you are referring to WOW...

ATS is the cure for World of WarCraft!!!!!

I literally, these days spend just about all of my time on this site. I currently use my computer at work (boss is even accepting of it as I am on ATS more than I do my job!!!) In all fairness, I am also one of the most productive at my job, well was, I may have dipped a bit...

At home, I have hijacked my roommates laptop, but she really has no problem as long as she can use it when she wants/needs it...which is rarely...

I will be getting my own though, hopefully soon.

And most of my pals are a part of my 'personal conspiracy' so noone really thinks that I am out of point by spending my time on 'that conspiracy site'...

...I am actually wondering how long this heightened usage will last, though...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Hi Memory. Yes, I would say that it is definetely time for you to get your own computer. It's a good thing that your roomate doesn't ats then you would both be fighting over it. :bash:

My heightened usage will only last until my husband tells me that I have to get a job.

Rush

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Rush. get a job?!?! NOOOooooo!!!!!
What ever would become of BTS not to mention DATS.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Of course it will only be a job that allows me to BTS all day.

Rush

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I used to get that at work the "What website are you on? Is it safe to go on at work? We don't want any viruses you know!" I explained to my boss that ATS is an Alternative News Website. He was alright with that - as long as I did my job -- which I did, better than he did. I was like the go-to person at work. Anyone had a question? I knew the answer. I guess that happens when you work somewhere for a really long time and you're one of the longest employed employees...

My Mom wonders, but she doesn't give me any grief. Mostly because my Dad pops on to ATS once in a while to check it out and see whats New. I'm trying to get my dad to sign up for an account -- but he's a pretty busy dude. Since they're moving though and he's thinking of retiring this year - he's gonna have a LOT of time on his hands to poke around.

Both my Bestfriends think I am a whackjob. Seriously. When I start talking about ATS their like "Is this a Conspiracy thing?" or "Did you read that on your Alien Website?" But, I don't let it bug me anymore. Even when I bring up Economic issues they're quick to judge. Oh well - thats who they are.

My ATS is almost always open on my computer -- my cousin has read a few of the threads and considered joining... he has yet to do so.

For the most part - people are supportive, and don't give me a hard time.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I found this website accidentally when I was looking into The Philaelphia Experiment and I really got into it but It started getting bad when there was no constructive debating, even when I provide information about a subject I know firsthand knowledge of I still get lured int a fight so I turned to BTS and I love it even more, the members here are great and the topics are great.....

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Your family sounds really neat. I've heard you mention your dad and his open minded-ness. Is that a word? And yep, my friends think that I'm pretty nuts too. What is one to do? hehe

reply to post by cmd18B

It has been really nice seeing you around BTS lately cmd and I'm glad that you are enjoying it. When I first joined I didn't even know BTS existed until I ran into whatukno one day. Then that was it I was hooked.

It's been so long that I had to go back and look at my op. Um, hmmmm....I can't really say that my family is as tolerable now as they were then.....nope, can't say that at all.

Rush

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well, Not be Debbie Downer but I really dont have much of a family, I have my younger brother but most of my friends are still overseas and I live alone so have nobody monitoring my obsesive ATS use, I like you guys here on BTS beause even though we are all strangers I find it quite comforting to talk about life and issues with cyber strangers, I dont feel judged and like I said I fnd olace with talking to the members on here and I hope to continue bulding a friendship with the members here!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Well, you've got lots of friends here. And I'm adding you on as one right now. Are you in Cherry Hill, NJ? My dad lived there for about 15 years.

Rush

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

OMG...Yes I live there..Just moved back....what a small freakin world

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

That's cool. They loved it, I loved visiting and going to NY to goof off. I always had a blast. They were glad to get back home to Indy though.

Rush

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join