It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrol prices where you are

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here in Iowa, as of last night it was $3.60/gallon. But it just depends on which side of town your on. Some places are 3.62 or 3.61.

I need a bike!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
1,56 € / litre
germany

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
News reports say Adelaide is heading for 1.75 - .80 soon.

I barely drive these days, opting for public transport and I'm also considering selling my car and buying a scooter, but I'm apprehensive about getting hit by a car on it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This morning = 3.75 in Northern VA U.S.A Yesterday =3.69 and there are a few gas stops that continue to carry that ($3.69) price until that said gas is gone, then when refilled the $ rises due to the price they get it at... P.S. These stations that do this are not big comps.. They are the little guy, Own maybe 15 station around a 50 mile radious (so not too little, but able to compete and do the right thing when it comes to price inflation) and in this area they are Egyption owned... Not a bad thing but thought it's worth a mention... Last year at this time the little guy was getting crunched by the supplier and were MADE to raise prices or risk not receiving any more gas from them.. They even told the ol' lady that owend the station that if she refused to change the prices they would do it for her.....You can't tell me that there is not anything fishy going on.. Reaping Billions - R*ping the common folk as usual

Edit = This is for Regular gas not Primo or Disel and tell me anyway - how can Diesl gas be more than gas itself when Deisl is a by product of gas and just 6 months ago it was 15 cents cheaper than regual unleaded??? just blows my mind...

edit due to fat fingering,lol

[edit on 22-5-2008 by hdchop]

[edit on 22-5-2008 by hdchop]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Prices in Denmark per litre is around 11 Danish kroner

Approximately $ 2.30 American dollar
Approximately € 1.50 Euro
Approximately £ 1.15 English pounds

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
LMAO! Anyone find it ironic that the Ford F-150 Ad is still up at the top of the ATS home page? Especially since Ford announced just this morning that they are scaling back production of trucks and SUVs - it's ironic.

BTW - $3.80/gallon here in Dallas this morning.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thank G*d My Harley gets 47mpg - I can see everyone getting a Bike or Scooter - Mopeds have become a thing of the future - everyone wear your helmets

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here in Brazil is about 1,90 USD per L

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm in Pembroke Ontario, a little over 100 km west of Canada's Capital, and we're paying 124.9 (a dollar, twenty four cents, point nine cents) per litre. I thought it was bad here.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
this morning i saw $3.89 at the station next to my office. got it for $3.79 the day before yesterday closer to home.

(Raleigh/Durham, NC)

[edit on 22-5-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread so this has probably already been posted, but you can always check on GasBuddy.com.

I'm near Louisville, KY ... on AVERAGE it's $3.92/gallon here (most are closer to $3.96). I'm planning a trip "back home" (where I grew up) and it's marginally lower there. I'll probably fill-up before I leave (spending close to $4/gallon by Friday, no doubt - Memorial Day here in the States) and be able to fill-up back home for a bargain at $3.87.

First person to develop a economically feasible alternative to fossil fuels is going to make a KILLING in the near future.

Kudos to the major car manufactures in bed with oil interest to derail the solar and electric R&D of the past 15 years! Great work. The world hates you now. I'd like to poke a hole in your gas tanks!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here in New Zealand the price just went over $2.00/litre How ridiculous is this petrol price hike even after all the major petrol companies made billions of dollars in profit last year. Its slavery for the masses i say more people will work more hours to make ends meet cause of this petrol price hike... and whats their excuse? a stupid bs war in iraq... how nice.... The more prices of petrol and food go up the more peoples patience run out... I sense a Revolution in the air!! and it'll be a physical one!!! George Bush on a stake!!!! lol....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Free_Spirit this isn't directed at you because I know your post was in jest...

But every time some moron blames Bush for the high gas prices and means it I wish they would stop to realize that spiking gas prices are hitting many places all over the world, not just the United States. Bush can't possibly be responsible for a spike in gas prices Germany, New Zealand, Australia, etc. The only thing that explains a global spike is what the oil execs told the U.S. Senate yesterday - supply and demand!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
here is a link to find the lowest gas prices in your area. hope it helps -

autos.... msn.com/everyday /gasstations. aspx?zip=&Netx

p.s. 'free_spirit_earth' - i have your avatar tattooed on my inner forearm.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by branestorm]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Nova Scotia on the beautiful east coast of Canada and I just filled up today at $1.36/litre. It took about 1.5 minutes to spend 50 bucks which seemed too fast.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
In Wyoming we have a price tracker website:

Wyoming Gas Prices

Also shows history, so you guys can compare if you want.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We are at $3.99 /gal. today here in IL. I really do hope that something comes to a head concerning this particular issue. The cost of living is becoming unbearable compared even to last year, leave alone a few years back.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Free_Spirit this isn't directed at you because I know your post was in jest...

But every time some moron blames Bush for the high gas prices and means it I wish they would stop to realize that spiking gas prices are hitting many places all over the world, not just the United States. Bush can't possibly be responsible for a spike in gas prices Germany, New Zealand, Australia, etc. The only thing that explains a global spike is what the oil execs told the U.S. Senate yesterday - supply and demand!

Are you serious in that statement?!

And you want to go around calling other people morons? That's funny.

When you invade and occupy the world's Oil Heartland, it tends to raise prices by slowing production and raising demand. Oil Whores having been gouging consumers for year. What's to stop these major oil producing nations from doing the same thing all corporations do when they see the chance. This supply and demand crap is a bunch of bull. Sure, I'd slow the production too, if I were one of these refining nations. Why not? The price will only rise and as well as your profits.

We're on the back end of the pinnacle of oil production right now. Prices should be very affordable. The profits that the world's oil producer netted last year are indicative of this fact.

Yeah, it's Bush fault. He gave these nations every opportunity to gouge the consumers. And don't think for a minute that he's not making profits off it ... just like Cheney with Halliburton and also in another area with reconstruction profits from Brown & Root.

You can reference this chart here.

As you can see, prices were at an extreme low when Clinton was leaving office. When Bush came into office, prices began to increase steadily ... then 9/11 hit, they increase, dropped again, and have skyrocketed since the invasion of Iraq.

Just because you can put a name on the increase such as "supply and demand" doesn't mean the market isn't rigged.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
$4.06 per gallon here in Connecticut for 87 octane.

Has anybody else noticed that gas stations are limiting the amount of gas you can buy per transaction to $75.00?

Is this for fraud protection by the credit card companies or the beginning of fuel rationing?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Paid $4.05 in San Diego, California. USA this morning. I'm sure it will be another 10 cents higher by the time I get off work! I'ts gone up 20 cents the last 2 days.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join