It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrol prices where you are

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
South Africa - R9.45 per liter. Which is probably like $1.23 or something - per liter.

It was R6 odd not too long ago and just jumped monthly!!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Today in the Hunter Valley NSW I payed $1.54 per litre. Makes me a saaaad panda!

And I payed $1.73 per litre for 91 octane! (My other half just has to put the best fuel in his fuel guzzling XR8
)

[edit on 13/05/2008 by just_julie]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I just can't believe this! Got up this morning and the price stood @ € 1.52/L.
Emden/Germany

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz
AGENT_T's calculations are based on the Imperial gallon. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you guys in the US use the US gallon? The difference being the US gallon is only 4/5 of an imperial gallon. So unless I'm very much mistaken, the actual figure is around $9.37 per gallon. Still that's extremely expensive..

It is expensive but you need to bear in mind that the US$ has tanked recently which makes it look even higher after the conversion. The difference wouldn't have been so large when the US$ was exchanging at 1.4 - 1.5.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee

Originally posted by styxxz
AGENT_T's calculations are based on the Imperial gallon. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you guys in the US use the US gallon? The difference being the US gallon is only 4/5 of an imperial gallon. So unless I'm very much mistaken, the actual figure is around $9.37 per gallon. Still that's extremely expensive..

It is expensive but you need to bear in mind that the US$ has tanked recently which makes it look even higher after the conversion. The difference wouldn't have been so large when the US$ was exchanging at 1.4 - 1.5.

If our dollar was tanking in theirs was getting stronger would gas be cheaper for them? From what I see gas is going up for EVERYONE which leads me to believe this isnt a dollar issue like I have thought all this time.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Crete, Greece Gas price is 1,36 euros per litre. I believe that is ABOUT 8,10$ per us gallon, 1,09 GBP / litre or 2,20 AUD / litre.
I've heard that the @!#$%$# barrel will cost in September 170$ and in December around 200$.

I'm definitely going to use this www.theaircar.com... when it comes in product line.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I work in a servo in Perth, Western Australia. Tomorrows prices will be:

Unleaded 91 $1.47.3
Unleaded 95 $1.51.3
Unleaded 98 $1.57.3

Diesel $172.9

LPG $0.64.9

Also, it has just recently been brought to my attention - from a customer, none the less - that I am personally responsible for setting the Perth petrol prices.

edit: I now ride a TGB 101S the 25 kilometers or so it takes me to get to work. My petrol is about $15AUD a week.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by darkmaninperth]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Around €1.38 - litre for 95 octane petrol here. Diesel is

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
My other half just has to put the best fuel in his fuel guzzling XR8

He is better off using a 98 octane fuel in his car as it is a denser fuel, giving him a more efficient burn. What that means is, more power and more K's per tank. It would cost more to run on a 91 octane fuel and it goes better.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
In Sweden it cost about 2,3 $ / Litre soon it will be up in 2,5 $ / Litre

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by darkmaninperth

Hes got his car flash tuned and an exhaust and everything in it, I think its 91 that goes in it.... whatever BP Ultimate is! Plus we live in a smallish town ATM so most of the servos don't stock the best fuel available!
I know its expensive whatever and wherever it is!

sty

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Herbal Oli

good times, he? 1.25 British £ / liter. This is 2.5 us$ per liter, or 10$ a gallon across US and most of the EU countries. we expect like 3 us$/liter in summer

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Right now in Lansing, Michigan, USA:

I paid $3.999/gal.

what really gets me is the fact that every time a travel holiday comes around the prices go up...

If its that easy to raise the prices for no reason at the gas station level. Think about how easy it is to raise the prices on barrels.
It just seems unwarranted if you ask me

-H.P

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkmaninperth

Originally posted by just_julie
My other half just has to put the best fuel in his fuel guzzling XR8

He is better off using a 98 octane fuel in his car as it is a denser fuel, giving him a more efficient burn. What that means is, more power and more K's per tank. It would cost more to run on a 91 octane fuel and it goes better.

I think that this depends on the car. My car has the same k's per tank using 93 octanes gas and 100 octanes gas. I believe is the way you drive not the octanes.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitris
I think that this depends on the car. My car has the same k's per tank using 93 octanes gas and 100 octanes gas. I believe is the way you drive not the octanes.

Sports cars generally run better on a higher octane fuel. The Ford Falcon XR8 is classed as a V8 sports car in Australia.

But, if you drive like someone who has a small penis, then it probably doesn't make any difference what octane fuel you put in it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh Lord help us! I live in Chicago, and they reported we have the highest prices in the Nation (USA). We are at around 4.15 (if not more) a gallon!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Around knoxville, tn, it changes A LOT but it's always hovering around $3.69 a gallon :[

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
In Oslo, Norway it costs about $2,5 pr litre..

And Norway has alot of oil.. Wheres the logic?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Herbal Oli

hi there,
a litre of petrol in India costs 50Rs. to 55Rs. and 1$=40Rs.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Over here in New Zealand it has just gone over $2 a litre for the first time and thats for 91! they kept it at 1.9999 for as long as possible. I really need to sell my twin turbo automatic huh.

INFURIATION! they control the media the petrol prices the politicians the judicial system EVERYTHING! I'm going slightly mad because I feel so powerless, so helpless. How did this ever happen??? Good men in positions of power rolled over and did nothing, that's what happened somewhere along the line. Now it's too late. I just can't see a way out for this and the next generation.

Sorry bout that had a crazy night, but can anyone see a light at the end of the tunnel?

peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join