It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Uniter now has the Native Americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Damn Hollywood liberals.

If your life is sub par, perhaps because you're of color, blame the government. I love that twisted ideal of 'change'.

Do I dislike him for another reason? Nope. Immoral tactics.

[edit on 2008/5/20 by SteveR]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Damn Hollywood liberals.

Nope.

Ironically, I am watching the Obama victory speech in Iowa as I type.
Seriously.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I believe it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
It might be easier to just start an Obama bashing area where these irrational threads can be sent to. I have no dilussions about Obama, he is a politician. Are we honestly getting riled up because he appealed or pandered to a voting bloc? It's what politicians do! What scares me a little is how eager some posters are to start these threads.

It smells of closet racisism where people are just itching for any excuse to pounce on a critizism of Obama that might be more publically acceptable than simply saying I am uncomfortable with a black president. So he tried to win over Native Americans...given the history, they are probably just elated that there is an american politician even interested in appealing to them! Good for Obama! You don't have to like Obama, but is a presidential candidate, a poltician, appealing to Native Americans worthy of scorn and crazy slander?

And it always goes the same way with these Obama bashing threads....he is the anti-christ, a closet muslim etc.. Really, some of you people are just really out there. Not sure why I even visit ATS anymore, it's like I keep expecting to find interesting discussion of cool topics and end up opening a thread full of dog waste.

My thoughts exactly!!! I am not a huge Obama fan, I don't trust anything he says, but you can't trust any politicians, you want to but can't. But I really agree with what he does say and I hope he does mean it, I think he could be an amazing president...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't trust ol' boy. I'm telling you guys MCcain is your best bet. Vote 4 mccain. BTW, Bush wasn't that bad---he was actually a quite good president , but don't listen to me.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

That's kind of misleading tittle don't you think? We don't all come with short memories and I'm not about to toe the line and run with the GOP talking points and help perpetuate another straight out of the book smear campaign.

"The Great Uniter" was what George W. Bush was billed as before the Supreme court reversed the other courts in a 5-4 decision to stop the counting and place him into power, or did you forget already? Great Uniter? What a Joke! Then to go on here and create a post and move all that negativity associated with that title (that turned out to be almost as big of a lie as the WMD's in Iraq) and the real man who turned it into a great big lie, is ubsurd.

No star or flag from me. Hands down the absolute worst thread I've viewed on here thus far designed purely for hanging out the laundry...No substance, completely basless skewed perception, and totally useless!

[edit on 21-5-2008 by skyshow]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Then why waste your time on it.

Thanks anyway, good contribution.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
One question, what is your leading motivation for thinking Obama is full of #?

My leading motivation for thinking Mr. Obama is full of ***t is his voting record. His actions speak louder than his words. I'm in Chicago which makes him my senator, does he represent me? The answer is NO he does not. A man that misses over 200 votes, continuously votes piar yeah, piar nay, or present is not representing me, nor is he backing up his supposed beliefs. Do you honestly believe that such a man can run a country ? How many important issues will he be there for as president ? How many times will he he just base his decisions on what his constituants want, rather than what the people want, or what's in the best interest of this country ?

If he was really true to all the pretty little things that come out of his mouth don't you think he would back them up when the time to vote on them came around ? Check out his voting record and see if he really backs up what he says are his beliefs. It's easy for a politician to spew forth all the things that we want to hear, but when it's time for them to stand up and vote thier beliefs that's when thier true colors come shing through. And if he really stands behind his so called beliefs then why won't he take the political courage test ?

As far as him trying to unite people, standing up in front of native americans and saying that as an african american he understood what they went through, are people really that blind ? He was so obviously playing the racist card ! He cares not about uniting people, he cares only about getting as many votes as he possibly can, no matter how low he has to stoop to get them.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Good post.

I think he missed the voting on purpose as to create a neutral area when it came to running for President. He wants it really bad, obviously. He thinks by not voting, no one can tell where he really stands.

He stands with Blacks, Muslims and Marxists.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
maybe im not dazzled by him, but early on i did give him credit for being a smart man.

The same "smart man" who honestly thinks there is 58 states? And the same smart man who talks on a phone backwards?

He's another george bush, just with darker skin. Same old, same old.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski

That is a very unflattering picture of the messiah.

You would think that people would get it by now but what can you do when most of the media are on the Obama bandwagon?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Well spoken, Chise.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

You would think that people would get it by now but what can you do when most of the media are on the Obama bandwagon?

And watch this video. Obama is stupid, not a good speaker, he only seems like a good speaker to the sheep, because he has people telling him what to say. But when he doesn't have people telling him what to say, or when he doesn't hear them correctly on this earpiece, he makes mistakes like this:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It has two stars, thank you! Go ahead and compair the numbers but they are still smart and Osoma is still a Marxist communist no matter what his GPA is!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

And watch this video. Obama is stupid, not a good speaker, he only seems like a good speaker to the sheep, because he has people telling him what to say. But when he doesn't have people telling him what to say, or when he doesn't hear them correctly on this earpiece, he makes mistakes like this:
www.youtube.com...

You ARE aware of course, that the big, highly credited race speech he gave he wrote himself, aren't you?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

The same "smart man" who honestly thinks there is 58 states

Yeah, HE'S the dumb one, while you sit here and think that he 'honestly thinks there IS 58 states'.

Give me a break.

First, you should have used the word 'are' (normally not important, but since you are bashing someone ELSE'S mentality, it is).

Second, are you that daft that you think a Harvard graduate really 'honestly thinks there is 58 states'? C'mon.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Obama just seemed tired and worn out, to me.

Easy mistake to make.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Yeah, HE'S the dumb one, while you sit here and think that he 'honestly thinks there IS 58 states'.

Give me a break.

I would have believed you but that little picture with Obama talking with the phone backwards is damning.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Wrong on so many points.

1). You claimed he didn't back up his voting record but provided zero examples.
2). Telling Native Americans he knows how they feel is no different than Hilary telling middle Americans she is "One of them."
3). You say he doesn't represent you? So are you a republican?

He cares not about uniting people, he cares only about getting as many votes as he possibly can, no matter how low he has to stoop to get them.

Your entire post, had many words, that didn't say anything. All you revealed is your dislike without any real proof. And if you want to go negative tit for tat, any politician would be satan by the standards you hold Obama to.

AAC

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just the facts.

You claimed he didn't back up his voting record but provided zero examples.

He voted "present," effectively sidestepping the issue, an option he invoked nearly 130 times as a state senator. www.nytimes.com...

Telling Native Americans he knows how they feel is no different than Hilary telling middle Americans she is "One of them."

Obama didn't just tell Native Indians he knows they feel. Obama used his race in an effort to make lowest common denominator appeals.

You say he doesn't represent you? So are you a republican?

If a constituent says he feels unrepresented when his state senator continually avoids the job he was hired to do, that doesn't make him a republican.

Your entire post, had many words, that didn't say anything to me.

Sentance corrected.

And if you want to go negative tit for tat, any politician would be satan by the standards you hold Obama to.

The vast majority of politicians vote one way or the other. The vast majority of politicians do not invoke their own race in political speeches.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join