It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Uniter now has the Native Americans

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
[1). You claimed he didn't back up his voting record but provided zero examples.
2). Telling Native Americans he knows how they feel is no different than Hilary telling middle Americans she is "One of them."
3). You say he doesn't represent you? So are you a republican? :lol

I don't need to provide examples, his voting record is a matter of public record, you can see it any time you chose to investigate it. I did my homework, you do yours. Give you a little hint though, he professes to be hard on crime, go look up his voting record check for a vote that came to the floor concerning charging minors as adults, see how he voted on it, or rather if he voted on it at all.

I never said Hillary was any better than him, nor did i say that she didn't use any of the same tactics. However the discussion was not about anyone other than Mr. Obama, so please do not try to distract from the topic. You put forth what i thought was an honest question, so i put forth an honest answer.

I honestly don't understand the juvenile laughter when discussing ones political persuasion, but no i am not a republiclican, i am and always have been a democrat. Does the fact that i'm a democrat mean that i should support a candidate that i do not believe should hold office merely because he runs under the democratic flag ? That i can't support any republican, independant, or any other political beliefs, or candidates if i feel that they're better suited for the job ?And before you go there, no i don't support Hillary either. And that's as far as i'm willing to go about who i do and don't support. I don't support candidates based on what thier political party is, I support candidates based on what i think thier qualifications are, and who i believe would do the best job.

When i stated that Mr. Obama did not represent me i was referring to the fact that he does not represent me due to the fact of his poor job performance, i was not referring to his, or my own political party. His job is to represent the people, vote according to thier wishes, not dodge the bullet by being absent over 200 times for voting, or merely voting present, piar yeah ,or piar nay. I was referring to the fact that he represents no one in the state of Illinois, as he doesn't do his job as required. You may be ok with a representative that does not represent you, but i'm not, as is my right.

As far as my holding him to high standards, if you mean by expecting him to represent the people of this state by voting on issues for us, then yes i do hold him to high standards. I'm sorry you must think it terrible of me, but yes i expect him to be present, and to actually vote. And actually i do hold all politicians up to such high standards, i have a right as an American citizen that has exorcised my right to vote at every election since i was 18 to expect them to do thier jobs,

As i stated earlier you put forth what i thought was an honest question, and i gave an honest answer. If you do not like my answer so be it, but i gave you what you asked for, and i'm not going to let this turn into a bickering match. I investigate the candidates before i cast my vote, i do my homework, however i will not do yours for you, if you want to know how he votes go investigate it.

Please excuse any spelling errors, rough day.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
More on that "victory speech".

Barack Obama's Audacity

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Don't forget the Cheroke went to NEBRAKSA where only those that want to live free can come. When they refuted their settlement with the government.

No Bush, take your land and shove it. I like that, thats heart.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am a white country boy from Southern Illinois, but I somehow I see myself in Obama. He connects to me in way that no politician ever has. I watched his speech at the 2004 Democratic convention and instantly felt inspired and passionate about our future. I hadn't felt that in a long time. Since that time I have prayed and crossed my fingers that he would run in 2008. Once he declared himself a candidate I prayed he could somehow win. Now on the threshold of victory I feel like my dreams are coming true. I donated to Obama's campaign. Granted it was only $50, but it was the first time I ever did that, and right $50 is a lot to me.

Does Obama have faults? Absolutely. Does he have special interest groups backing him? What politician doesn't. He is by far the best candidate the democratic party has had since Kennedy, IMO. I feel that he is going to be one our greatest presidents ever, and will raise the U.S.A. in the eyes of the rest of the world. Get ready to make room on Mt. Rushmore.

Wow, it sounds like I have a huge man-crush on Obama, oh well the man inspires me, what can I say?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by The Oak]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4373437#pid4373437

Important thread.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Of course that is a typical racist remark. I can't believe this type of commentary a and ignorance.

The Hispanic population in the United States numbers about 45 million.
Native American Population numbers about 2 million in the United States.

Now you will have a little more information.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Don't be fooled with Poker-Politics. Reverent Obama was specifically chosen to play this Poker-Game, with the sole purpose to play the Joker in the Box, while the "Pick-a-Box" judges decide how to prepare their Ducktail Hillary, who has already been chosen to do their Laundry for the New Hunting Season. American Presidents never ever get Elected.....They are Pre-Cooked !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join