It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Uniter now has the Native Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Obama isn't so dumb as to leave Israel behind. If he did, the suspicion around his family's religion and his other influences would be implicated and he'd be finished.

Those of you who think Obama is your buddy in government deserve to be led astray. I've never seen a candidate abuse his race and his record so much as Obama has. All's fair as long as he opposes the neo-cons, right?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In my estimation race was an inevitability in this election. So much so that it shadowed gender. Frankly, being in america, I see the media use the race card, and of course it will be defended when addressed.

Did Obama expose Reverend Jeramiah Wright? FOX NEWS continues to reiterate racial rhetoric being a major issue in key states. Karl Rove makes it a point to repeat statistics like, 1-5 people in west virginia still believe race is going to play a factor.

He uses what is thrown at him, which every politician does.

Israel can protect itself where it is. The only problem it will have is when it tries to expand, by deception. I for one am against any expansion of Israel.

Other than that, all I really hear coming against obama is opinionated conjecture and negative assertions that don't carry real weight with those that don't already dislike him.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You see nothing wrong with what he does and says. That much is obvious. It only illustrates your own bias. Simply put.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

What you mean that when someone like Chris Matthews gets a tingling down his leg for Obama that that isn't an example of media bias?

You mean that Obama's cult like speeches describing how everyone will get an epiphany is just my own opinion even though it was quoted from Obama's own lips?

Sorry but the facts are there. The media is in it for Obama. Don't get me started with how the media is trying to portray Obama as Jesus....

because it is fairly obvious

I can easily flood this forum with pictures of Obama's media granted divinity but it would go way off topic.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Don't get me started with how the media is trying to portray Obama as Jesus....

Who needs the media. AnAbsoluteCreation did it on the previous page.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Seriously dude, I don't really care one way or the other about Obama. But to me, it seems the accusations are based on "feelings" and not concrete proof. Where's the proof I ask? He represents positive change, where is his shortcomings to justify such an opinion? If there is good solid evidence, I would like to hear it, truthfully.

But as I have said, I do not think there will be an election, or an inauguration for that matter. If Obama is elected, I don't see him serving out his entire term, based on the level of haters he has.

Truthfully, I am only playing devil's advocate because I see no substanciated argument from the other side. Where's the beef?

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You mean that Obama's cult like speeches describing how everyone will get an epiphany is just my own opinion even though it was quoted from Obama's own lips?

It's not just that. Obama is promising all the wannabe-victims a next great emancipation. I can't wait to see how he will appease them. What a jerk.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

You see nothing wrong with what he does and says.

I don't like the fact that he smokes cigarettes.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

It's not just that. Obama is promising all the wannabe-victims a next great emancipation. I can't wait to see how he will appease them. What a jerk.

But what if he does? What if he truly focuses on the people? Why is he a jerk?

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Devil's advocate is one thing you have always been good at. Too good, and you may even believe it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

If you can remain unbiased though devil's advocacy, then you can truly understand a topic. I admit that Obama could all be a facade, but I don't really see a reason to truly believe it, at this point.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
voting now days is like playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun.... by your self. Mc Kain , Hillery and Obama are all CFR stooges

[edit on 20-5-2008 by OpusMarkII]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Obama is the candidate for change. When he gets done taxing the f#ck out of you thats all your going to have left, a little change. He also thinks we should pay a tax to the UN.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If I were to have sold you on obama for president before it happened would you have believed me or did you need a moment to realise his potential?

Obama sounds just like the Rock off wrestling, ever heard him talk, a likeable guy for publics sake, but what goes on behind that facade could be a very hungry wolf waiting to excute some power.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The simple fact he focuses on victimization makes him the jerk. He is preying on all the whiners of the world. He is so deeply into appeasement it discredits any plans he may have.

JFK: "And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

Obama talks to colored folks and tells them they are racially oppressed.
Obama talks to poor white folks and tells them they can't make it in today's system.
Obama says it's not your fault if you take on a bad loan, because the lenders are all "predatory".

His strategy is irresponsible.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

When your liked by everyone your really liked by no-one.

Don't let his mask fool you. He is perpetuating the moment for momentum where it stops is his potential to facilitate growth and change worldwide.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mother_jung

Stop reiterating the famous GHB's famous rebuttal to Bill Clinton's campaign of "change." If everyone remembers, people had more money in the nineties.

Listen, one president doesn't raise taxes, but with food prices, and gas/oil pricing skyrocketing, you're actually paying more and are more broke.

If the Taxes are spent wisely, it could empower the middle and lower classes by subsidizing other shortfalls in different ways. Bill Clinton saw that the 90's were plentiful, even though he raised taxes.

It's not so black and white with the subject of taxing.

AAC

[edit on 20-5-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

What's wrong with focusing on the oppressed? He spend a decade fighting strictly for them with his law degree.

I do agree, if he goes into office and ignores the people that put him there, he will be a jerk. But if the majority of the people are oppressed in some way, shape or form, and he wants to be the "people's president,' then of course his candidacy should focus on the people.

AAC

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

They are not oppressed. He is telling them they are. And 'he' is the answer. Typical communist. Barf.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Well we don't have to agree on everything do we?

Is there any other deeper reason that you are apprehensive of him? Something that is rooted within you? Just curious.

AAC

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join