It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in Extra Terrestrials?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Couldn't have said it better myself. I personally think that if your stupid enough to ignore the fact that "you" yourself exsit and yet deny the fact that other possible intellegant life has no chance of exsisting in what we presently consider an "unlimited" universer... to sum it up "how can one exsist and yet not believe or acknowledge the slightest possibility no matter how improvable it may be, but truth be told we will not know untill that day comes."

Me, yeah I'm for it 100% and I hope like hell they swing on thru and pick me up cause the next 3 years are gonna be hell for a lot of people. Just waiting for the big volcano eruption to get things kicked into full gear.
But that's a different topic...

I wonder if aliens get frequent flyer miles?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Hello my name is OllinXiucoatl, I just want to agree with this statement. Its a Mathematical impossiblity for life not to exist in this vast Universe, the number of solar systems and galaxies are astromical. So yes, I do believe life does exist elsewhere in this Universe. Also number of intelligent life that is either equal or more advance is also high. Whether I believe in "UFOs" its a possibility that Extra Terrestrials might have come to earth, but Im kind of semi skeptical. If "they" did Im sure governments would cover this up.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Most people in here believe in Aliens right? I could be wrong. Anyway, the question is, why? have you seen them or something? have you had a close encounter of the third kind? or is it just because you seen fake pictures posted on the internet. Could be for several reasons.

I hope you don't believe in Aliens just because you saw Spielberg's E.T. Or because of hollywood's images of aliens over the years. what solid evidence do you have for yourself to believe that they have come here in a flying saucer or whatever it may be. just give a simple reason why you believe that they are real. Please no youtube stuff, that's not validation.

I believe in them for the following reason: "I been to their planet in an OOBE and I've seen their race and their planet" So that's my reason why I believe in Aliens. Discuss and give a brief, but solid answer. thanks!

Im not really sure if I belive in it...
Sometimes I belive..... but sometimes I just think it is silly...
I think ... theres the possibility of the existence of aliens....because the universe is so big, and why only our planet would have live? Its strange to think that, we are the only planet with life isnt?
In the other hand, I doubt about it because... I never saw it, and even if I saw it, Ill probably would try to found 1000 reasons to justify what Ive saw.. so....

I THINK THIS IS INTERSTING... and I don't know if I really want to see an alien! Imagine they are some kind of monsters!!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by spacedementia]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

TextReply to Belief in Aliens and UFO'sReply to eief in Aliens and UFO's
I'm a 60 year old Matured Mother of Three and a Grandmother of three who not only believes they exist but have witnessed sightings of so-called UFO's in Greece, Maui, Hawaii, on the coast in South-west Mexico and in Vancouver, B.C., during the summer of 1979 and 1980. In late November of 11980 on the grounds of Harrison Hot Springs, outside of Vancouver, was the spot chosen for me to have a close encounter of the 4th Kind, meaning the actual appearance of two Nordic-like beings, telepathic communication and teleportation all in the space of a few Earth minutes. Even though I was not allowed a witness to this experience, I've never forgotten it or what was shared with me. I'd had an Ankh carved from Mastadon bone, which I wore attached to a very solid Gold Chain with a tight clasp . That disappeared after my brief teleportation and the Gold Chain was hanging around my neck but unclasped.I looked down and my boots were dry even though I thought I was walking on wet forest floor. I could not find when I retraced my steps back to the Hotel. I know what I saw. I know that I never saw the pendant again though I looked for it and neither could I find my foot prints. Something very significant happened to me that late November afternoon. It's not a question of belief , It is a fact that other-wordly beings do exist, have always made contact with certain humans and mean no harm. On the contrary, they for the most part are considering our future survival and want us to be aware of all that is in Nature. As is Above , So is Below. Peace on Our Quest For Truth

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Most people in here believe in Aliens right? I could be wrong. Anyway, the question is, why?

I wouldn't say that I 'believe' in aliens. Belief by definition is the fervent acceptance of a viewpoint without any concrete evidence to back it up.

I consider it an extremely strong probability that life exists elsewhere in the universe.

Let's consider the basic requirements for life (at least out here in our little corner) so far as we know.

- A star that will last long enough for life to evolve to sentience.

- A planet whose position from its primary is in the habitability zone - the region within which liquid water can exist without being permanently frozen (too cold) or evaporate away (too hot).

- Probably a single, non-fluctuating star, to avoid the potential problems a close binary system could cause a developing planet, or the periodic excesses of solar radiation that would play hell with any life that might develop.

Within 50 lys of Earth, there are about 1000 stars. Weeding out the class O thru F7 (don't last long enough) variables, binaries, classes K2 and later (last a good while, but too dim - habitable zone is too close), you get about 50 stars that would work, or 5%.

If our galaxy has 200 billion stars (current minimum estimate), that's about 10 billion stars that would work, if that 5% holds for the whole galaxy.

Given that the laws of physics, and therefore chemistry, would be the same all over, it is reasonable to assume that on at least some of the planets out there lucky enough to be in the habitable zone, life probably managed to develop. Or at least would have a chance to.

And given the 13 byo age of the universe, and the 4.6 byo age of the earth, it's likely that a portion of the life that might have developed out there would have done so earlier, by at least a few hundred million or billion years.

Therefore, any beings that developed earlier would (assuming they survived) probably achieve a level of technology exceeding our own. A few of them might even pass through our area. Maybe drop by, a few small groups of interstellar anthropologists, checking in on the cute little hominids. Or maybe a film crew for a documentary series on primitive races. Or just tourists who need a good laugh.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Because I saw one in Sedona Arizona while on a walk. A beautiful phenomena to behold.

But alas, she changed into a human being to make me feel more comfortable, even though I had the courage to walk up to her and 'talk'.

At no time did I ever have the feeling of fight or flight.

I have lived a very good life and if that was the way that God chose for me to leave this container/body, then it was worth it. Just could not pass the opportunity.

Life is a wonderous blessing, and so filled with the mysterious and the unknown. Although I have never met another with my same experience, perhaps one day that will change.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
[edit on 23-5-2008 by anusualusa]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well I do believe. And there are many reasons why I do.

First of all when I was very young I saw something that resembled to a small angel, all white, really pretty. I don't know what/who he was, but I saw him.

Then I was an Atheist for some time, but my search for God did not stop. I still believed something was missing from my Atheist picture. Then one day everything changed and now I am more than certain that God is there, he is not of any religion or name, he is just everything. Everything you are and see is part of him. And we are all one.

As for aliens, they do exist. They are so many that we can't even grasp their divesity and number. God did not manifest himself only as humans, he can be found everywhere. The Universe is huge and huge in life. Our ignorance and lack of knowledge does not mean that there is no outer life, it just means that we are still very small.

Everything you can imagine, exists somewhere in the Universe. Infinity makes possible anything, God is infinite as we all are.

The use of God in our society has become so perverted and misused that we as a society need to find a new name for "God" once our spirituality will grow in awarness.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I believe in aliens becuase i believe in god, if i say that alien does not exists it means that i am putting limitation on god creativity, which is not good.

And i think that alien dont want to fight with us, they only want us to help them. They come here becuaes they have lost their planet, and they want to continew their race..

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I believe the probability of aliens is near 100%. I won't say I believe because no one has offered convincing proof they exist. Current astronomy suggests planets are probably an ordinary by product of stellar formation. If so there has to be 100s of billions of planets. With that great a number of planets the probability of some of them having intelligent life is near 100%. I personally believe all so called "alien abductions" are either in the abductee's mind or hoaxes. And pardon me if I'm not impressed with your out of body experience. On the other hand, I'm convinced not all UFOs have a prosaic explanation. If they are machines from elsewhere then someone had to build them.

I guess you could say I believe in aliens I'm just not sure they're coming here.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
WHY? why do people believe in god? no one has seen him, yet a huge mass of people think that there is a god, why i dont know. and alot of people think the bible is whole but really its missing alot of info but it also talks in the bible about giants such as goliath that used to in habit the earth but do religous people think giants are real? NO they'd prob tell you that was hogwash but yet it states it right there in the bible. i believe in aliens because as far fetched as the bible becomes the more and more it gets read, people are starting to smell BS, if you believe an old man built an ark to hold over 10 billion, not hundreds or thousands or millions but billions of spiecies but you want to discredit the idea of alien life is ridiculus! it seems more realistic than some of the things i've read in the bible, i believe we were created but not the way the bible dipicts it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker816
WHY? why do people believe in god? no one has seen him, yet a huge mass of people think that there is a god, why i dont know. and alot of people think the bible is whole but really its missing alot of info but it also talks in the bible about giants such as goliath that used to in habit the earth but do religous people think giants are real? NO they'd prob tell you that was hogwash but yet it states it right there in the bible. i believe in aliens because as far fetched as the bible becomes the more and more it gets read, people are starting to smell BS, if you believe an old man built an ark to hold over 10 billion, not hundreds or thousands or millions but billions of spiecies but you want to discredit the idea of alien life is ridiculus! it seems more realistic than some of the things i've read in the bible, i believe we were created but not the way the bible dipicts it.

I don't believe in god. I believe in Energy - Energy evolved into an intelligent consciousness.

Nothing exists but thought - everything is a thought creation.

Question: are we creating ETs by our thought - or are they creations from earlier thought of the Creator - or of earlier beings of Creation?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe because Ive seen a UFO with my owns eyes and therefore know that they exist.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agree with what Acidtastic said (the first response to the thread) it's a pure numbers game. my argument has always been (does it make sense to anyone else, have I been making a complete ass out of myself all the years I've been saying this? (no one has corrected me so far):

There are 9 planets revolving around our sun, every star in the sky is another sun, (some may not have planets around it, I don't know much about planets and stars) but for the sake of argument, let's say each star has about 5 planets revolving around it (some have less then ours, some would have more then ours)

the Math:

5 x infinite = a whole # load.

But like ours, only one has a breathable atmosphere (Mars could and possibly did support live, but instead of adding two I will give the non-believes the benefit of the doubt)

For every 5 planets revolving another sun, only one of them could support life. 5-4 = 1

1 x infinite = still a whole # load.

Even if I were to use a real number (let's say there are a million stars in the sky) which would be about 1 million planets with breathable atmosphere.

Some may have no life on it. (900,000)
Some may no LONGER have life, similar to Mars (50,000)
Some may have life on the microbial level. (20,000)
Some may have primitive animal form on it. (20,000)
Some may have human formed life, lower then our current state of technology (9,000)
Some may have technology equal to ours (50)
Some may have technology superior to ours (50)

Out of the last 50, the inhabitants from one planet could of travelled here.

I kind of just pulled the numbers out of my ass, but it's a fictional equation, I just didn't want to leave it at (there could be a million planets with breathable oxygen out there)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have had OOBE as well( Astral body..it's a common experience,don't do it too often or you will be found of unknown causes.

Also I have seen an orb (they can be seen in the infrared spectrum)

they look like this goto:

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/area51.mpeg

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I believe they exist because I've seen them for myself.

I was taken by beings with large dark eyes and grayish skin, shorter than human beings and much thinner. This happened about six or seven separate times in my life, the last time being about 20 to 25 years ago, that I can remember.

On one occasion some time in my teens, they took me to Titan, the methane-rich moon of Saturn, where they showed me a base, where there were American, British, French, and perhaps Canadian soldiers using this base, dug out of a hillside. They were using modified Jeeps to explore the area around the base. I don't know how the soldiers got there, or who built the base, but they looked very enthusiastic about their mission.

On another occasion, when I was 18, they showed me that I had two hybrid children, both girls, and at the time they were about 4 and 2 years old. They would now be about 28 and 26 years old. I never saw them again, that I can remember.

On another occasion, when I was 17, they took me on a flight that I feel fairly certain landed in Ohio and in Missouri. They were picking up children in different places and they had them in a round room of an orange color, and they were playing games I'd never seen before but which resembled advanced versions of "Simon Sez." The games, or toys, would change shapes and colors depending on how they were touched, and you had to touch them in certain ways to get them to react. On this occasion I met a 12 or 13 year old girl from Missouri and a blond boy about 10 years old from Ohio. The boy was supposed to become a musician later in life. He would be about 35 now.

The girl wore a Christmas sweater (like a red and green Charlie Brown sweater with that sawtooth pattern), and was very social, she was trying to teach the younger kids how to play the games, even though she had no clue how to do that herself. I had a conversation with her, we tried to tell each other our names but as soon as we would say it, we lost the memory. We also talked about the cold weather, as it was February 1983, and this caused an argument because she was apparently unaware of where she was, and insisted that we were in Missouri, and was getting angry when I said we were in New York, where I lived then. I believe that we shared a kiss, but that we were somehow supposed to demonstrate this for someone that was watching out of our view. If it was, then this was my first romantic kiss. She would be about 38 now.

This isn't all there is to it, but it's more than enough to make the point. I recovered these memories from amnesia that I had for years, some time in the mid 1980s after praying to God about a fragment of memory that was tantalizing me at that time. I was never hypnotized, and some of the memories are not that clear and could be dreams. I do however believe that I was definitely taken and that things were done to me in the pursuit of their ends.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join