It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Was the video briefly on youtube?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
From Larry Johnson

From Larry Johnson AND Time Magazine.

According to the latest, the Obama camp knew about the tape rumor in April. Larry Johnson didn't post talk about it until May.

I figured the rumor came from Larry Johnson, a Hillary fan.
But it looks like it was alive before he heard/wrote about it.

The plot thickens.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well this thread just never dies! I find it hard to believe the republicans have not gotten ahold of it though. I mean seriously, if it exists (and i really really hope it does) they have it by now. This should be one of the most entertaining elections in our lifetime!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

If I were the GOP I'd hold it until the October right before the general election for maximum effect. Though if enough comes out about it, they might have to release it before it becomes "old news".

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I do not think it will become old news. Lets face it, those that vote for errrm....change...don't look much beyond that wonderful face of change! They live in a happy pc world filled with rainbows...so I expect they would be a bit shocked to discover maybe some despise them, or at the very least make fun of them.

They may not research or read about it, but when it is on national television, repeated again and again, maybe reality will dawn on them. Maybe they will realize that not everyone is as openminded and blind to race as they think!

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Obama's official reply

I notice that Obama calls 'lies' things like Michelle speaking this from the pulpit and that she was on a committee when she (allegedly) said it.

What is clear from TIME magazine is that Obama's camp knew about this a month before Larry Johnson started talking about it in his blog. So, even though I was pointing my finger at Larry Johnson, he may not be the cultprit. He may be just a useful idiot. Some Hillary folks may have known that Larry would shoot off his mouth so they fed him the rumor knowing he'd hit the internet with it. He may be an unwitting patsy for someone else.

Or the tape could really exist.

October will tell.

For now - Obama denies it. (of course).

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Check this out. I think I know where they got the "whitey" story... (The KOS is scoring points today!)

Whitey Hoax Blown Wide Open

Conservative NRO blogger Jim Geraghty asks why the apocryphal Whitey Tape bears such an astonishing resemblance to a plot point in the 2006 political thriller novel The Power Broker, by Stephen Frey:

A major plot line of the novel is the presidential campaign of Democrat Jesse Wood, aiming to be the country’s first African American president — "Wood was handsome, smart, charismatic, and being mentioned increasingly often in the press as someone who could unite a twenty-first century America growing more, not less, racially and economically divided." (p.35)

He’s a U.S. Senator from New York and former senior partner at a prestigious law firm. His backers include "some of the old Black Panthers." He wants to make Puerto Rico a state, and a recurring figure in his campaign is a controversial minister from Philadelphia called "Jefferson Roundtree."

Of course, there's a videotape. And on the tape, the candidate uses the word "whitey."

Now. Either author Stephen Frey is clairvoyant, writing this book in 2006. Or this is one of the all time amazing coincidences. Or whoever started this rumor got the idea from a novel.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Still waiting on that 'racist' tape. Send me a u2u if and when it comes up because I think this story stinks to high heaven.

Nothing like partisanship to distract the masses from the real issues at hand, such as how to handle the Iraq 'conflict' (maybe 100 years according to McCain; watch this video please and stop saying he didn't say it, because this is a direct video feed of him saying it:
), our economy which is in the toilet, and the usual suspects.

If you want to talk about racism, why don't you look at your buddy McCain for advice on how to be a bigot:

McCain criticized for slur - GOOK

Racist against blacks - voted against MLK day and now 'regrets' his decision

Jon Stewart Slams McCain’s Racist, Hypocritical, Disgraceful FL Campaign Chair

You want to talk about racist affiliates, look at his campaign chair from Florida.

Or how about the pastor he endorsed:

The McCain - Hagee connection

Time's Halperin on how McCain can win

Allow some supporters to risk being accused of using the race card when criticizing Obama.

Give Obama his first real race against a credible Republican. (Clinton has always asserted that Obama would wilt before a fierce Republican assault.)

It seems McCain is following his advice...

Please please let me know when you have any PROOF Obama or his wife are racists, because so far all we have is hearsay from Karl Rove and other conservative whack jobs.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

So now using a term that was used by just about everyone makes one a racist?

Voting against a holiday makes one a racist?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

No but ignorance sometimes can appear to others as racism.....on the other hand maybe some folks just get "caught" more often than others

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I didn't know 'gook' was a common term in your household.

No, but his reasons for it are.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Gook was a term used by just about every GI in Vietnam. Same as the Nazi's were called krauts, and the japanese Japs.

Specifically, what were his reasons for voting against the MLK holiday?

Source?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Gook was a term used by just about every GI in Vietnam.

Sounds like you're justifying his behavior, which is in fact racist. You can't call someone else racist without first cleaning the skeletons out of your own closet (McCain, not you).

Same as the Nazi's were called krauts, and the japanese Japs.

Germans were called krauts way before they were 'nazis'. Just because people used those terms during the war does NOT make it ok to continue to use the word.

I'll give you the source again, this time with a quote: McCain criticized for slur

Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war.

"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."

It really doesn't matter who he is referring to, guards or not. He is still a racist.

Source?

McCain regrets MLK vote

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Gook was a term used by just about every GI in Vietnam. Same as the Nazi's were called krauts, and the japanese Japs.

Source?

no offense but you don't give a damn about sources - I put up a report from the justice department on prison figures on the disparity between convictions of black and white prisoners and your response was "maybe blacks get caught more often"....so please stop pretending you care about the facts...

as for the term gooks - ever talk to a vietnam vet? I was married to one and worked with many others including special forces - they were appalled by the war, by the racism, and terms like "gook".... so yeah - simply because "everyone" used it don't make it right....

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Simply because the planet becomes politically correct is no reason to stop using certain terminology.

Think he is the only vet to still call them gooks? Think again.

They were, and are still enemies of those who were there.

Clicked your little link there, failed to see any evidence whatsoever of racism being a factor in his opposition to MLK day.

Care to elaborate a little more with actual facts showing racism, and not just speculation?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

no offense but you don't give a damn about sources - I put up a report from the justice department on prison figures on the disparity between convictions of black and white prisoners and your response was "maybe blacks get caught more often"....so please stop pretending you care about the facts...

No offense, but your little chart there didn't show any proof of racism whatsoever. It showed more blacks in prison than whites. If you believe that to be racism, you better try a little harder to show each and every one of those arrests was based on race. You conveniently overlook the fact that per capita, blacks commit many more crimes than whites, or any other race for that matter.

as for the term gooks - ever talk to a vietnam vet? I was married to one and worked with many others including special forces - they were appalled by the war, by the racism, and terms like "gook".... so yeah - simply because "everyone" used it don't make it right....

Actually I have talked to quite a few, and exactly NONE of them have ever mentioned "racism" as a factor in their opposition to that war.

Stop pretending to see racism where it doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Like Jack Nicholson once said - "you want the truth???!!....you can't handle the truth!" which you have once again proved by your last post...

GOOK is a racist term and if you still hate the vietnamese and consider them our enemy then I rest my case....vote your conscience or whats left of it...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Words do not become racist over time. The only thing that changes is the sensitivity of weak minds.

Way to avoid addressing the black incarceration rate though

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Words do not become racist over time. The only thing that changes is the sensitivity of weak minds.

Way to avoid addressing the black incarceration rate though

Gook was racist then and its racist now - and as to Black incarceration rate you didn't bother to read the article I posted - so we got nothin to talk about.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Odd, you seem to know more of my activities than I do.

I did read the article, and it still doesn't prove the systematic racism you believe is in place.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join