It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Have we ever had a racist President before?

Probably. But that doesn't mean that we should vote for one now.

You scared now because you happen to be on the other end this time?

This is 2008. People understand racism better now then ever before. People don't want a racist in the White House - no matter who that racist hates.

So are you going to think all retarded and vote for someone that hates others as long as its not "your" people?

:shk: OMG .... could you be anymore childish?

Michelle is racist....Trinty church is racist... and.....list them all if you want. I don't see Obama as being racist.

- Obama's wife, who is his closest friend and advisor, is a racist.
- Obama's mentors, one who is close enough to be called 'uncle', are racists.
- Obama's friends from church that he sat next to for 20 years are racists.

With all this going on around him .. and all his closest friends and mentors being racist, and his spouse being a raving anti-white racist, somehow Obama magically excaped being racist?

Quit smoking that hope-ium

Originally posted by Sheeper
With as much attention as this mysterious tape is getting I just don't see how it could be a rumor, it most definately HAS to be real when so many people are taking it seriously.

Apparently Obama is taking it seriously.

His bloggers and internet-workers are out and about spreading the claim that Michelle and Farrakhan were on camera and Michelle said 'why'd he' instead of whitey. Apparently Obama isn't disputing that the tape is real or that the conversation on that tape took place. He's just disputing the words.

Sounds like he has a copy of the tape. Perhaps they dug it out of the archives at that 'church' of his.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ARE YOU GUYS THIS BLIND?

How in the hell can you be a member of a racist church for 20 years.... give money to that church in pledges, tithes, and offerings.... sit there week after week AND NOT AGREE with what you are being taught on the pulpit?

Is there only ONE church in Illinois?

I'm so sorry, but the churches I've gone to all taught that you love your brother, no matter what color they are.

It's total BS OBAMA if you think people will buy that excuse, "you cannot blame the canidate for what is taught on the pulpit". Because Obama this is the Great country of America (that you don't pledge to btw), and no one had you chained to your pew for the last 20 years.

What you have done however, is brought your children up in a racial atmosphere. I believe the blacks just want to hold on to bondage...while most of us whiteys are raising our children to respect all no matter what skin color they are.

You cannot, MR OBAMA, be a Christian and a Racist at the same time. I don't care what color your father is... And if the only reason YOU attended Trinity church was because YOUR WIFE wanted you too...what sort of POLICYS will you put forth because your Racist WIFE wants it?

This NON Racist WHITEY will continue to teach her children to respect blacks, hispanics, etc.

Remember MR OBAMA... It was a REPUBLICAN that freed the Slaves....IT was the REPUBLICAN troops that fought to end Slavery in the civil war.

David Duke is a Democrat...not too mention so many now people in the democratic party that are up in age that are racists...but they set that aside to BUY the poor peoples vote because we all know....

WELFARE AND FOOD STAMP ADDICTS vote DEMOCRAT!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Story Here

Bob Beckel says that something 'big' is coming out tomorrow that will destroy the Obama campaign. It has to do with Michelle. It's worse than that racist crap of a college thesis she wrote.

hmmmm ... The alleged tape?? Or just hot air? We'll find out by Thursday morning I'd guess.

The Wall Street Journal is also reporting on the alleged tape. Looks like the internet rumor has hit the MSM.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmmm, what were they doing in the same room with Farakhan anyway? Given any kind of real power that guy would be worse than Hitler, he wants to exterminate the Whites and Jews. This is the kind of guy they keep company with, I don't even care if she really did say why'd he, which is obviously waaaay too conveniant for a rational person to except, the one fact alone is enough to condemn her/them. Some people are so sick, like this real shanti character, so many people don't want to except that we have a real problem in this country and it's people like Rev. Wright and Farakhan that are fueling it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You know, I'm caucasian, but I totally hate "whitey" too. So I certainly sympathize with Michelle here.

To me, the term "whitey" is almost synomymous with "white racist" and has a much different connotation than a racial epithet. It refers to someone who is proud of their white skin colour, which is really pretty stupid. White people have a good enough self image that this shouldn't disturb anyone -- I would think.

It is like someone who is excessively proud of their silky blond hair. That might merit merit me calling them "blondie".

I guess I would have to see the tape and judge it in context. So long as the Obamas are moving in the right direction on this complex path (that is, reconciliation, understanding) I don't think that forgiveness is even necessary.

If Michelle was to say something like "blow whitey's brains out" or "lynch whitey", that might cause me to pause. I will WAIT AND SEE what the alleged tape shows, if anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

So far I have been insulted, and generally attacked for having a different take on the question of racism...yet I'm the sick one??? Does anyone else find this ironic? The ignorance you display is astonishing, and completely supports my position in this discussion.. Your attitude is typical and is the reason "whitey" has such a bad rep among people of color....ahh well...so it goes...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Thank you for admitting that your a racist, you just basically said exactly what B.O. said, that the typical white person is a racist. Now you can be ignored, and what you can't take criticism but you can give it, sounds like B.O. is right here with us. Why you calling me whitey anyway, did I say anything racist, being critical of another person is not justifiable grounds to be racist. You really are sick.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

I have said nothing ignorant, everything I've said is strong feelings of mine that I am sharing with you, I did not get racist infact quite the opposite, your ability to call us whiners and basically tell us to shut up is why I say it is you who is ignorant. I get this eerie feeling from you like your mind is clouded and you are just running on pure pride and emotion. Your not thinking logically and you have a deep seeded racism inside your soul. So because I feel that we all should be treated equally that is reason for the black community to look at me as "whitey"? Is that what you are saying to me? Again your a sick individual.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

How long ago was this tape made? If it was while he was running for office, then why shouldn't it be used? If it does exist, shouldn't the Obamas be doing damage control? As we've seen in the past, if you're straightforward about things, you're more likely to be forgiven. Trying to ignore it or saying "we're above this" or whatever will only make things worse. You can bet that if the Republicans don't have it, that they're looking for it. I only hope Hillary gets it first. :-)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
To me, the term "whitey" is almost synomymous with "white racist" and has a much different connotation than a racial epithet.

Read her college thesis. She lumps all white people together. You know .. just like Barry's 'typical white person' comment.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
How long ago was this tape made?

IF the tape exists it is unclear when it was made. We will have to wait unitl it is released. Michelle Obama gave herself a huge makeover when Barry started running. We'll have to see if she looks frumpy or if she looks made-up.

Perhaps there is a date on the tape. Dunno'.

Michelle Obama plastic surgery discussion

And no .. plastic surgery has no bearing on anything political ... it's just chatting.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

There is no tape. There is no indication that there is a tape at all. This was a stupid rumor. Tell me, in this day and age, if there was a tape, don't you think we'd be watching it now???

NRO

what are we left with? Larry Johnson, a vehemently pro-Hillary and anti-Obama blogger, who in the past was running around telling people Karl Rove was about to be indicted. Republican political consultant Roger Stone, saying he believes it exists. I'm hearing from other reporters that their (secondhand, of course) sources are calling back and adding that they saw Louis Farrakhan on the tape, a detail that they didn't mention before Johnson's update of 9 this morning. Does the presence of Farrakhan seem like a detail that's easy to forget?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But right now I think the evidence suggests this is a hoax, and that we will never see tape of Michelle Obama saying these particular controversial remarks.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
First, to the Anon poster who has a problem with the idea of a White Person being proud of his skin color. I point out a lack of further input on your side.

I agree, 100%, that being Proud of something you DO NOT CHOOSE is rather stupid. My take, people can bash me if they want. However, you specifically said White People. Do you feel it is different for a Black Person to be Proud of their Black Skin? If so, then you have just displayed yet more of the problem. You are allowing for one but not another due simply to Race.

I am Proud that I am a nice, caring, loving, helpful person. These are things I choose. Am I proud (or ashamed) that I'm 5'10, or that I'm White, or that I have Irish descent, or that I was born in Birmingham, Alabama? No. Why should I be? What did I do to cause those situations? Not a thing, these are the cards I was given.

Be Proud of Who You Are, and What You Do is a Perfect Reflection of Who You Are... not your skin color or place of birth or height.

All I ask is make it be known whether you feel White People that are Proud of their Skin Color are any more or less 'stupid' than other people from different Races that do the same. (I, personally, feel the entire idea is stupid for any Race, but will not take their right to feel such a Pride away from anyone).

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I see no reason why the tape cannot be brought forth for public scrutiny. It will then shed some light on how and why there has been lots of (mob?) support for Obama. Anyway, what I heard from Michelle didn’t sound right about her ‘finally being proud to be an American’. Other than that I don’t know too much about her or Obama, whom I feel comes across as an ‘angry’ person in some of his speeches. A picture paints a thousand words and when he didn’t seem get his way, his face showed it. I dunno but that what I have observed on the videos as presented by the media via my usual cable programming. So it’s hard to determine if the Obama’s are racist. Perhaps, rumors do have some truth. But for fear of repercussion (whatever that may be), the truth about that alleged ‘whitey tape’ is not revealed. We should wait and see what happens next.

[edit on 2008-6-03 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Anyway, what I heard from Michelle didn’t sound right about her ‘finally being proud to be an American’.

Just so you can get that quote right:

Breitbart

"And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."

A bit different in context, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Sheeper, what is going on here? First, Realshanti did not call you 'Whitey'... she stated that 'Whitey has a bad rep'. No where do I see RealShanti saying "Sheeper is a Whitey". So now you are taking a classification she is speaking of, and placing it on yourself to make her the villian... when this is not what she did. If you disagree, fine. State it as such, but do now twist and mangle to discredit. This is ATS, not a National Convention.

As for you reference to Farrakhan and others, Real has already stated that such people have risen to power and do much to DESTROY and LIMIT their own Race, doing so to gain great fortune and fame by not following through fully. They only care that the idea looks good when presented on the TV so they get great exposure and more money, they fail to see the implications of their actions and how it not only hinders their Race but promotes more Racism.

As she has stated this, I don't see where you can lumped those figures into the 'leaders' she follows and respects. Her views, from reading her posts, are very different from theirs. And though they are also in many ways different from mine, I respect her view. I feel we have both learned from the other, and while my view stays firm I now have even more confidence in that view because of what she has taught me.

To be slanderous and contemptive is very unbecoming in a place of education and debate. If your style of debate and engagement is simply playing the part of the school yard bully, simply twisting words of others so you can then discredit them, then your tactic is lacking and with all the finesse and success of a bungled robbery in an alleyway. Let's try expounding on our position and using logic, as oppossed to typing the same thing over and over... hitting the keys on the keyboard harder each time. I promise, it doesn't make it any louder on the screen... nor does it lead any more credance to your stance.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I must say, I desire a Canidate that doesn't just seem but actual IS ANGRY. Why shouldn't any Canidate be angry. Have you seen the situations the US is currently involved in.

A war of attrition lasting longer than Vietnam, with no end in sight. Oil and Gas prices skyrocketing. Education failing, health care failing, retirement getting pushed back, more unemployed, more under the poverty level, food banks depleted, high crime rates, suicides on the rise, corruption in every corner of the political and legal world. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

What is there to NOT be angry about?

Perhaps I'm a patsy that is being duped. Right now, however, I'd follow any drug crazed lunitic (Not an Obama reference) waving a "CHANGE" flag. I happen to support McCain (he served in the Military, which is always points from me to a Canidate) but am captivated and swept up by Obama speeches. If the Republican hadn't served, I may well be supporting Obama.

Sensing a Canidate is angry should be the norm, not the exception. If this is your only gripe on Obama... then I'd say you may have found your Canidate.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Just so you can get that quote right:

Yes .. just so you can get that quote right:

Feb 18 -

first in MILWAUKEE she said - "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country."

then a few hours later in MADISON she changed the prepared speech and said - "for the first time in my adult life I am really proud of my country."

Obviously the handlers had to do some damage control and get her to change her prepared speech.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
if there was a tape, don't you think we'd be watching it now???

NO! I definately don't think so. IF the republicans have it like the rumor suggests then why would they use their big guns now? It would make no sense. That would just knock Obama out and then they'd have to deal with Hillary - without any ammo to hit her with. It makes more sense to WAIT and let Obama get the nomination and then nail him with the tape.

IF IF IF the republicans have a tape, then it makes more sense to hold it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I see no reason why the tape cannot be brought forth for public scrutiny.

Because if the rumor is true that republicans have the tape then it makes no sense for them to 'bring it forth' .. not until Obama safely has the nomination and THEN they will 'bring it forth' and that's all you'll hear about for a week.

It's the way politics works.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's the way politics works.

Unfortunately.

Another fact is that IF this tape exists (a big if), more attention will ultimately be placed on blaming either Hillary's campaign or the Republicans for playing 'dirty tricks' rather than focusing upon the content of the tape itself. It won't matter what's actually on it, the outcome is quite predictable.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by vor78]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join