It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
All I have to say is: Karl Rove.

How can anyone believe the crap this man spews? He's the puppeteer of the Bush Cabal and created the Iraq war invasion plan in Dick Cheney's (non-executive) office.

I still have seen no proof of this tape existing FlyersFan. I have read several people eating this story up as if its fact, and there still is nothing to show for.

What a surprise.

Where's my cookie?

From your source FlyersFan:

“That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

I'm patiently waiting.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have a hard time beliveing that if there is a Tape, there is a reason for us not seeing it.

If it exists, and was avalible, it shoudl still be avalible, somebody has to have a copy of the Tape...

Then again, McCain is surrounded by a bunch of Juddess and they dont want him to win... so who knows, mabye McCains campain advisor has the tape, but refuses to show it cause it would be bad for his canidate...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Like he said, if there's a tape, let's see it.

Like I said, if there's a tape, we'll probably see it in October.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
All I have to say is: Karl Rove. How can anyone believe the crap this man spews?

Actually he's part of the rumor. We don't know if he really has the tape or not and we don't know if he's involved in this rumor at all, except that he's named in it.

I still have seen no proof of this tape existing FlyersFan.

Neither have I.

And as I said - you probably won't see it until October. Or at least until after Obama is named for sure in August. The Republicans won't go releasing this until they know for sure it's Obama that they are going after. If they did it early, they'd kill Obama's chances and then the dems would just turn around and put Hillary in his place.

Political strategy says this won't come out until after the DNC .. or even until October.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It may have been posted already but I'm not going to waste any more of my time than I actually have to on this absurd thread.

Here you go Flyers Fan...

campaignspot.nationalreview.com...

Why Does the Michelle Obama Tape Rumor Match a 2006 Novel?

Sometimes, this rumor of this alleged tape of Michelle Obama denouncing “whitey” sounds like something out of a clichéd political thriller novel.

Actually, it sounds exactly like something out of a clichéd political thriller novel. Specifically, Stephen Frey’s The Power Broker, published in 2006 by Ballantine Books.

A major plot line of the novel is the presidential campaign of Democrat Jesse Wood, aiming to be the country’s first African American president — “Wood was handsome, smart, charismatic, and being mentioned increasingly often in the press as someone who could unite a twenty-first century America growing more, not less, racially and economically divided.” (p.35)

He’s a U.S. Senator from New York and former senior partner at a prestigious law firm. His backers include “some of the old Black Panthers.” He wants to make Puerto Rico a state, and a recurring figure in his campaign is a controversial minister from Philadelphia called “Jefferson Roundtree.”

And by page 130, his opponents find a videotape that could ruin his candidacy…

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The information was interesting ... it could be where Larry Johnson got the idea for spreading a false rumor (if indeed it came from him - which it kinda looks like it did)

The information was interesting .
The additional comments were uncalled for.

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm not going to waste any more of my time than I actually have to on this absurd thread.

If it's so damned 'absurd' then don't bother coming back.

The FACT is that this site investigates TONS of rumors - rumors of war with Iran, rumors of Bush having a ranch in South America, rumors of this and rumors of that. To verify or debunk is what we do. At this point it looks like 'debunk' and that it probably came from Larry Johnson - a rabid Hillary fan.

But time will tell.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I still think there may be some truth to this story. Maybe the tape isn't going to be as damaging as the rumors made it seem but considering how angry Michelle Obama is, I'm pretty sure there's a tape out there somewhere that shows a very unappealing side of her.

What a wonderful October surprise this alleged tape would be!

Jemison

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
But McCain can openly spew racist slurs in public and the media doesn't even give it the time of day when the man looks set to go head to head with Obama for the White House and possibly become the President for over 12 million Asian-Americans, or "gooks" as McCain calls them.

Double standards? That hardly covers it. The corporate media are once again protecting their war candidate, Mr. "bomb bomb bomb Iran", Mr. "stay in Iraq for 100 years" while crucifying Obama for comments made by other people that pale in comparison to McCain's personal vitriol about his deep-seated hatred of "gooks".

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I still think there may be some truth to this story.

But WHY do you think that? Because you wish it to be true, perhaps? There is really no other reason for people to believe it.

I'm pretty sure there's a tape out there somewhere that shows a very unappealing side of her.

If you're right. it won't be the first time that the first lady has appeared "unappealing".
We are all better than the worst thing we've ever done.

What a wonderful October surprise this alleged tape would be!

Oh, this is nothing compared to what the powers probably have planned! NOTHING!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

But WHY do you think that? Because you wish it to be true, perhaps? There is really no other reason for people to believe it.

Yes, I do hope that it is true. But I don't think that a tape of Michelle Obama spewing racial comments is so far fetched. She seems to be a very angry, negative person and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she went off on some rant that sounded vaguely like Rev. Wright and it was captured on tape.

Jemison

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And that's precisely the purpose of a bit of disinfo like this.

It's not intended to convince fence-sitters, but to reinforce existing negative preconceptions.

There's no evidence that this tape ever existed, and now a strong clue that it was adapted from a work of fiction.

But because it fits your preconceptions, you want it to be true.

And this is how we are manipulated every day, by professionals that know exactly what they're doing.

[edit on 6/8/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
There's no evidence that this tape ever existed, and now a strong clue that it was adapted from a work of fiction.

- There is no evidence that this tape exists because, according to the rumor, it isn't to be exposed until October.

- On his blog, Larry Johnson has denied that he made up the rumor based upon that fictional work.

(and I have no opinion on if he did or didn't. I'm just stating that he has heard THAT rumor about the fictional book and he denies it)

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Because you wish it to be true, perhaps? There is really no other reason for people to believe it.

Because we 'wish it to be true'?? BH .. that's funny.
Or were you trying to be insulting?

'No other reason', eh? The woman rants against white people in her college thesis (yes, yes, ... you disagree ... but many others (some rather learned) agree that it's racist drivel), and she says 'for the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country', etc etc. For decades she attended that racist 'church' and soaked up the so-called 'black liberation theology' which is nothing more then ethno-babble. And her buddies are the VERY racist Mrs. Farrakhan as well as Mrs. Meeks. She wouldn't be hanging with them so much if she didn't agree with their racist bunk.

There are PLENTY of reasons to believe that she is capable of an anti-white racist rant.

October will tell if there is a tape or not.
I'm leaning towards the 'or not'.
But time will tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Why don't we all just wait till the election is over to see if it exists? That way the side that is wrong won't have too much egg on their face.

True there has been no confirmation of the tape, however Obama's reply to the question still was rather vague considering the topic:

“We have seen this before. There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mails and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about it,” Obama said to the McClatchy reporter during a press conference aboard his campaign plane. “That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

Asked whether he knew it not to be true, Obama said he had answered the question.

“Frankly, my hope is people don’t play this game,” Obama said. “It is a destructive aspect of our politics. Simply because something appears in an e-mail, that should lend it no more credence than if you heard it on the corner. Presumably the job of the press is to not to go around and spread scurrilous rumors like this until there is actually anything, an iota, of substance or evidence that would substantiate it.”

Seems odd to me that he wouldn't catagorically state there was no such tape.

Like I have said, let's see how this will play out.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Because we 'wish it to be true'?? BH .. that's funny.
Or were you trying to be insulting?

It wasn't meant to be funny or insulting. I was asking.

The woman rants against white people in her college thesis (yes, yes, ... you disagree ...

I don't disagree. I haven't seen where she "rants against white people". I read the thesis and did not see it. Suppose you could leave a quote and a link?

she says 'for the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country',

I don't see a problem with this. For the first time in a long time, I, too, am proud of the people of this country. What's the problem with that? A lot has happened to leave Americans ashamed and embarrassed.

She wouldn't be hanging with them so much if she didn't agree with their racist bunk.

How much time does she "hang" with them? Like how many hours a year does she spend with these people? I hang with you a lot. I consider you an online friend of mine. We email each other. You have heard my opinion on many subjects. Does the appearance of our friendship mean that you agree with me on everything?

This idea that people agree 100% with everything someone else thinks just because they hang together is preposterous! It's guilt by association. If this is true, I guess we can't be friends anymore because people will think you love Obama!!
Right?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It is time to look at the third party choices. All the players from the major parties are racist. As are their wives, progeny, and household pets. But seriously, it is time to start thinking of non Republistooge and non Demostooge choices. Barak cannot make good choices. He has shown it in his associations with racists and radicals. I believe black people like Barak's wife will never fit into society because they are too elitist and hold themselves above ordinary people. She is the racist. That is why she is so uncomfortable around white people.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Usually 'Eliteist' are only seen as such by those who are not Elite. This would make that the problem of the viewer, not the one who is Elite.

Point is, if we were all Elite it would be average. Elite, therefore, is relative.

I may view Barack as merely a Peer or Contemporary because I may feel I'm on that same Elite level.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Your attitude is typical and is the reason "whitey" has such a bad rep among people of color

[edit on 4-6-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

Well, actually it is that. Maybe I'm taking it wrong, but how I took it was, by pointing me out specifically and saying I am what the black community looks at as "whitey" then yes I see that as her calling me whitey. I don't think my opinions label me as "whitey" or racist or any reason to be looked at as a "typical whitey". Maybe I'm thinking on a higher level than you, but it is most certainly what she was insinuating. And if you'll allow me to, I very much resent anyone insinuating that I am what the black community looks at as "whitey", go through any of my posts, why should anyone say that to me and not expect me to be agitated!

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Sheeper]

I said your attitude was typical "whitey" because you called me sick for having a different take on what constitutes racism...you didn't refute my argument - just attacked me personally...which is something black people are used to from whites in the grand scheme of things ergo I saw it as typical, but as I said before no harm done...sometimes things get heated on these boards and shouldn't be taken personally...so I'll take my own advice on this one

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And I still say Michelle Obama is NOT a racist - I don't care if she called everyone "whitey" and told everyone to go fck themsleves....I can completely understand why she might want to say such a thing.....if you cannot understand why she might say such a thing and not be considered racist then try a gander at these sites for a greater understanding...you don't have to agree with me but an understanding of some of the facts might be worth your time..

www.hrw.org...
here's a quote from the larger article:

"African-Americans are arrested, prosecuted, and imprisoned for drug offenses at far higher rates than whites. This racial disparity bears little relationship to racial differences in drug offending. For example, although the proportion of all drug users who are black is generally in the range of 13 to 15 percent, blacks constitute 36 percent of arrests for drug possession. Blacks constitute 63 percent of all drug offenders admitted to state prisons. In at least fifteen states, black men were sent to prison on drug charges at rates ranging from twenty to fifty-seven times those of white men."

hmmm..."makes me wanna holla" as Marvin Gaye once said...and in the end it hurts ALL of us to live with this kind of disparity and then pretend it doesn't exist anymore as some on this thread and (other more recent threads) threads seem to do....

and then there is:

www.democracynow.org...

and last but not least....where is that tasty tape??? I'd really like to hear it

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The reality is at this point the tape could contain the most stunningly racist diatribe ever witnessed and it wouldn't hurt Obama in the eyes of his fans one bit.

The media is in the tank for this man. I fully expect him to win. I also expect Bush to look like he wasn't such a bad president after all once we experience a term or two of Obama.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Ever happen to think blacks get caught more, hence the higher arrest rate?

Blacks also commit more violent crimes per capita than any other race, why shouldn't they be getting arrested more often?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My understanding is this:

The tape is actually a DVD that the Unity Church sold from their web site. The event on the DVD included MO going on a rant in which she clearly talks about "whitey" this and "whitey" that. She is clearly NOT saying "why'd he" from my understanding. It is possible that Louis F was on the same DVD.

Further, the republicans do not have the DVD. It is my understanding the HRC has it, or at least had a copy. It may be that part of last Thursday's meeting including a discussion about helping HRC retire her campaign debt in exchange for HRC sitting on the DVD.

I haven't really followed this thread so I'm not sure how much, if any, of this has already been leaked.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join