It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle @ Schiphol Airport, AMSTERDAM NL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I completely agree with you. I used to do groundskeeping on a golf course and your explaination was the first thing that popped into my mind. The concentric circles are a dead giveaway and probably and unintended effect by whomever made these. The area covered, the circular pattern (shapes with sharp edges would be much more difficult, but not impossible to duplicate) and fact that the grass appears withered, rather than burned, all point directly to your suggestion. Some samples should be taken immediately before all traces are dissolved, as that we're talking about Holland here.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't know about anyone else here, you think in this day and age of terrorists ECT, that someone would be so incredibly stupid as to go near an international airport with a lot of chemicals? without permission? if they did then they deserve the stupid award for being stupid in a world where stupid gets you killed.

IMO i doubt its human, chemicals that do that have to be regulated, and anyone buying a lot of weed killer is checked out if i understand European law, why don't we just wait for the chemical analysis to see if there is an incredibly stupid person out there?

I pretty much know the answer to this question, im still going to ask it however, When things like this happen, crop circles i mean, its already been proven that fakers are not responsible for them all, in fact only a small amount of them really, the question is, why do people have such a hard time believing that a higher intelligence could be responsible for crop circles? and no i dont count a group of people with boards in a field to be intelligent in any sense of the word if their take is to try and fool people.

Would be ironic if the answers to all the earths woes are hidden in these circles, but because we cant get past our own vanity we miss the message?

matters not anyhow good find OP, i need nothing proven to me except maybe is there intelligent life here on earth to begin with.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

how near do YOU think it is ?

it is a working farm , there is a public road next to it

the windfarm turbines are visible - these are quite a distance from the airport - for obvious reasons

also - can you see any evidence of the airport ? or aircraft activity ??

you are , IMHO putting too much emphesis in the note that it is near schiphol - when infact it is some distance from it

the security perimeter of the airport does not extend beyond the perimeter fences

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
More photos and a more detailed description can be found here:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
hey thanks very much for that link ` AGENT_VENOM ` , the stils pics show that in my [ revised ] humble opinion , a herbicide was used - look at this pic

to be precice a specific weed killer - which has failed to affect the clumps of a different strain / species of plant intermingled with the dead grass

yes - i know i opined that i either lime or sodium hydroxide were used - in a previous post - but i did not have the adidional evidence that VENOM brought to light

see how clumps of foliage have survived ? and the fact that the outer ring is only browned , not felled

that clearly dispels the notion that any thermal effect was used

as does the close up of the soil - there is zero baking and drying evident

to be blunt - i am shocked at the shoody methodology of the ` investigation ` which some how concluded that thermal shock was the cause - in the face of such clear evidence of chemical action

pretty dammed pathetic - yes that is rude - my views on the ` medium ` and her ` investigation ` violate the T&C

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Just interested because it's in my country. Another reason why it's unlikely fire caused them; there's a highway next to the fields, anyone driving by would have noticed the fire burning and alert police officials. Three circles of fire would get noticed and it would look odd.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You're welcome, and I pretty much agree with you that some sort of chemical was used.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Looking at the original pics there is definately charing and blackening. I have never seen weedkiller do this.

Has anyone seen this blackening from a weedkiller ?

Mark

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The farmer admitted it was for a philips commercial, so that pretty much solved the case.

www.niburu.nl...

Lieve mensen,

Helaas moet ik u mededelen dat de graancirkels niet echt zijn. Ik hoop dat u niet boos bent, maar wij hebben ze echt zelf gemaakt, in opdracht van een reclamebureau voor Philips , voor reclame voor een nieuw scheerpapparaat.
Achter op de Metro en de Spits is vandaag een site gepubliceerd waaruit dit blijkt: www.feeldifferent.com.
Ik voelde me erg bezwaard zo te moeten liegen.
Uw werk is intrigerend, maar in dit geval moet ik u teleurstellen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Marianne Koeckhoven

loosely translated

Dear people,

i regret to inform you that the cropcircles are fake, i hope you aren't mad but we created them ourselves at the request of a marketing agency for philips, for a commercial for the new philips shaver.
If you look at the back of the 'metro' and 'de spits' ( free newspapers ) you will see the site where it becomes clear: www.feeldifferent.com
I regret having to lie to you, your work is interesting but in this case i have to dissapoint you.

That about said it all i think

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Hasn't been declared a hoax here, yet...
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

Only by the farmer herself, but that's a detail.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I'm sure there will be comments like, "I bet the government forced the farmer to declare it was a hoax".

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

thanks for that update ` HARMAN ` ,

now we just have to track down that idiotic "medium " who spouted off about the mysterios energies the site had and see what she has to say now

a star for ` harman ` and a flag for the thread me thinks -

a bonus would be a detailed explaination of the method used

one poster said ` over application of fertilizer `

i said lime or caustic soda - then changed my opinion to specieces specific weed killer when the better quality still potos showed more detail

and i even offered a method of doinf it cobertly by hand

and multiple other posters said chemicals without specifing which ones

i think all that is left now is for someone to suggest that the farmer is a paid disinfo agent - who has been instructed to falsely claim he hoaxed the circles

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
Hi guys,

This is the real deal;

3 very large circles of GRASS seem to have burned away, by a high powered heat source. Locals are amazed!

Translation;

Een boer trof deze week drie cirkels aan in zijn veld nabij Schiphol. De cirkels zijn op onverklaarbare wijze ontstaan en het gewas lijkt totaal te zijn verdord; alsof het bewerkt is met een hittebron.

A farmer found three circles in his field near Schiphol airport this week. The circles appeared unexplainable and the crops seems to be totaly burned, as if it was burned by a heatsource. (forgive spelling a grammatical errors)

Soure:Niburu.nl

This isn't your local beer-drinking youngsters playing a prank. Just look.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by PureET]

[edit on 18-5-2008 by PureET]

It's NOT the REAL thing, sorry fooks.

The farmer wasn't happy at all (he is in the 2nd vid ya posted). Ppl were NOT allowed to enter the field..... so an air vid was made and ...... after some 'negociation' there was a Crop Circle researcher 'on the scene', Peter Vanlaerhoven.

On May 22nd he received an email form the farmers wife:

"Lieve mensen,

Helaas moet ik u mededelen dat de graancirkels niet echt zijn. Ik hoop dat u niet boos bent, maar wij hebben ze echt zelf gemaakt, in opdracht van een reclamebureau voor Philips , voor reclame voor een nieuw scheerpapparaat. Achter op de Metro en de Spits is vandaag een site gepubliceerd waaruit dit blijkt: www.feeldifferent.com. Ik voelde me erg bezwaard zo te moeten liegen. Uw werk is intrigerend, maar in dit geval moet ik u teleurstellen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Marianne Koeckhoven"

I'm not gonna translate the whole email, but what it comes down to, is they lied to Peter. They now admitt having made them circles self for an advert voor Philips. Check it out on www.feeldifferent.com

overview DCCA: www.dcca.nl... (in English)

about the crop circle 01- Schiphol, Noord Holland, 16-05-2008 : www.dcca.nl... (in Dutch the page is udated, in English not yet)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Yep you're correct.

A German colleague has sent me this link....it shows photos of the farmer's tractor cutting down the plants inside the circles. So....it appears that the plants were cut down first, then left to dry out in
the sun. Perhaps the browned crop at the edges of the circles can be accounted for by having been bruised by the tractor, or exposed to the sun because there was no crop next to it, protecting it....

LINK

[edit on 24/5/08 by Agent Venom]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have worked on a golfcourse for over 10 years and have never seen chemical burn like these before.
Have also been to Schiphol airport many times and find these things very alien to the suroundings.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
LOL! Please take it as it is: a big joke. Someone near Schiphol must have had a field day. Congratulations! ... errr... not. Just a waste of good soil. Crop circles are so passe. A pledge to all those mischievous dopes: try to come up with something else. I would be much obliged. I like a good laugh any time.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Venom
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Yep you're correct.

A German colleague has sent me this link....it shows photos of the farmer's tractor cutting down the plants inside the circles. So....it appears that the plants were cut down first, then left to dry out in
the sun. Perhaps the browned crop at the edges of the circles can be accounted for by having been bruised by the tractor, or exposed to the sun because there was no crop next to it, protecting it....

LINK

[edit on 24/5/08 by Agent Venom]

I didnt know that these pix circulated on the web.

Strange thing is that Peter Vanlearhoven messured a high Bovis-value in that circle. He says it can be related to the attention that this advert attracted by radio, television and web. This 'energy' can influence the Bovis-value of the field. Energy (like Lifeforce-energy) follows the focus (the attention0.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Mr Vanlearhoven CLAIMS that he detected this ` bovis value ` there - does not mean it exists

just the same way the idiotic " medium " claims she detected energies

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It is a cleaver hoax in my opinion, people are so used to the old Board and string method that when hoaxer change it up with a simple Weed killer type chemical people get thrown for a loop.

All though a few things pointed out in Venoms last link does bring up some interesting questions.....all in all I believe it to be a hoax, just clever in the way it was done. People are not used to seeing it done this way, so it throws you for a loop at first glance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join